Official TWITTER Ap - Security Issue?

ChrisEF

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

Be interested to hear thoughts on what I think could be a security issue with the official Twitter applicaiont.

I use the official Twitter application on my Lumia 930 (WP8.1 Denim update). I have 3 different Twitter accounts that I manage from the phone, a personal one and two related to websites I run.

Just now, while "managing" my personal account, I received a message from an online retailer. I went into the app and loaded up my DM's only to see not just those sent to my personal account, but also DM's sent to my two additional accounts. Is this not a security issue? Surely I should only be able to see and reply to DM's using the account they were originally sent to?

Example ;
- someone sends a DM to my at.pngWebSite account which is "managed" on my Windows Phone.
- while reading DM's sent to my at.pngPersonalAccount I can see the above message that was not sent to at.pngPersonalAccount but to at.pngWebsite

I have now removed at.pngWebsite account from the Twitter App and I can STILL see the DM's sent to it, when viewing at.pngPersonalAccount! I presume they are cached somewhere?

Sorry for using at.png as an image, but post wont allow me to use the symbol due to links for new members.

ChrisEF

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Update:
In order to clear the DM's associated with View attachment 95183Website I have had to delete ALL accounts and add them back again. There must be some type of DM caching that takes place and remains in place even when you've removed the original recipient account from your phone.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This is indeed "strange". Are you also going to feedback this to Twitter. I would like to hear the feedback from the. Anyway thanks for sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon