Can I get some help changing permissions and deleting a virus?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Need help changing permission and deleting a virus

Not very computer literate but can manage the basics.

I have Security Task Manager which I like but have one issues. Automatic Windows update is turned on in my system yet when I run Security Task Manager it says that it is not on and needs to be turned on by hitting turn on button. When I do that system freezes and the program shuts down but stays open on my screen and the only way to close it cont alt del and end task. I then have to re-open and the same thing happens. Can anyone help me please. I have tried everything with no success.

I also have a couple issues (found by Security Task Manager). I try to delete them and its says I have no permission yet I have permission for everywhere else. I am aware that this is common when trying to delete a virus and I am just not sure where to go from here

Hope someone can help.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need help changing permission and deleting a virus

A couple of things.
1) what version of Windows are you running? 7, 8, 8.1, 10?
2) sounds like security task manager is having issues. It might need to be deleted and/or not reinstalled. I've never used the program so I'm not familiar with it but question the necessity of it
3) what issues is it detecting that you can't delete? Files? What are the names?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos