Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Sure..i mean i use them since win7 some htc wich name i don't remember. My dad use it, gf, all her friends..and all that mostly because of me. I need good camera, easy acsess and good screen. I don't game on phones so i don't care about store. Wp store have apps i use and that's enough for me. Also my pc is connected to phone and make my life so easy.
Tried android and ios couple years ago..and if i must chose another, would go for edge+ simply because it's beautifull and have everything i need.
If wp ever dies i don't get back to android, prolly geting somw ios device because i just love to have smooth, lag free operation..and android can't bring that to me.

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've been with WP since 2012. I like the UI much better than iOS and Android. Plus it has almost every app I need. Even tho I have been burned by MS and ATT via L900/830 respectively. I would still stick WP due to it plays nice with every other gadget in my house. (Xbox1,Xbox360,Surface,Laptop).

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely will. I love WP 8.1 and 10 is improving with each Insider release. I can't wait for the 940 to go on sale.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I understand what you are saying, but, yes, I would buy MS mobile again. Had 930, sold it, bought 5s. I can't describe amount of frustration with that ugly UI and those stupud icons! Also, lack of personalization features bothered me. What's with the Store?!? Maybe I am stupid, but couln't find the option to see all apps. There is probably every app you want and need (and don't need), as long as you know the name.
But, I liked the size of a phone and all the iCloud possibilities. Finally, came back for Lumia, this time 735, untill MS release compact flagship. And I can't be happier! Love the looks, tiles, everything! And I have every app I need, except my banking app. But I can live with it. :)

Pretty much the same story for me. Except I got rid of my phone to save money (work pays my other phone bill). Was so frustrated with my iP6 that I went out and got the 830. Can't wait for the new flagship, just can't wait. I have all the apps I need.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's the plan, even though Microsoft's fumbled just about everything for a year now, from a mobile standpoint. Android and iOS just do nothing for me. I'm hoping we get a Microsoft Bluetooth controller though, because gaming on a touch device as-is doesn't make me happy.

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Using a HTC M8 with windows right now and really like it. Planning to get a 950 when its released. M8 is great save the camera. Looking forward to the release. I am just not a fan of apple or android. I have all the apps I need and feel the changes coming will help fix the app gap that some have.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It will depend on many things, rear camera quality, have a card slot for more storage, good gps sensor and what phones android have at the time. Have a 1520 and 920 now hard to beat the 1520 and the 920 is my work phone, 920 is a very rugged device I will ride it until it quits working same with 1520. And the app are not that important to me except for productive and office apps. I have saw anything which interest me including these 2 phones.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
One year and a half with the "flagship 930" and besides the very good camera, and beautiful amoled screen, the gift of a bluetooth speaker and a ?20 voucher I really think my choice of living without google did not really pay off. WP 8.1 and 10 is a constant beta. My bank does not have a WP app. Neither my semi prof photo camera manufacturer. Of course they do have it for iOS and Android. WM10 is a copy of iOS the buttons the styles the fly-out of the tiles aso. Cortana's stupid regional settings are infuriating. British Cortana sounds like a female Hawkins simulator combined with a depressed BBC presenter. The list is very long and mostly boring. Now my question to you all, who had either of the flagship models would you go and spend another ?4-500 or equivalent in any currency on a new Microsoft Mobile? Please put your hand on your heart and be honest. I will start by saying NO.
Owing phones by all 3, android ios and windows phone. I would be YES because it does not lag like android( Samsung galaxy s6 edge, top of the line android device.) is not boring and munane like ios( iPhone 6). My current windows phones are a pleasure to use and beat both of those phones.

Tom Firens1

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I got a 930 that i got for 170? (dirt cheap) and my wife has a 635. Would i pay top dollar for a flagship? No i probably wouldn't but my next device will defenitly be a WM phone. Depending on the options vs price it will be budget ranging to older flagship.
Unless continum really takes then maybe it would pay off to get the latest and greatest.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Windows Smartphone from TELUS mobility.

2006 - Motorola Q9c WM6
2009 - LG iQ WM6.5
2012 - Samsung ATIV S WP8.1.1
2015 - Lumia?

The only thing stopping me from buying a new Lumia this year is if Microsoft is using the crappie Snapdragon 810 in their flagship phone, right now waiting to see if it is the 810 or 820?

Snapdragon 820 is definitely in my next phone!

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am very excited about having modern specs, a large screen, and a stylus. Not as chuffed about the loss of zoom when compared to my 1020 though. But I think the benefits will make it worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes