The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-08-2017 03:20 AM
1,280 1234 ...
tools
    That's the plan, even though Microsoft's fumbled just about everything for a year now, from a mobile standpoint. Android and iOS just do nothing for me. I'm hoping we get a Microsoft Bluetooth controller though, because gaming on a touch device as-is doesn't make me happy.
    ven07, Kevin Rush and a5cent like this.
    08-29-2015 07:15 PM
    'm hoping we get a Microsoft Bluetooth controller though
    You have my vote
    08-29-2015 07:18 PM
    Using a HTC M8 with windows right now and really like it. Planning to get a 950 when its released. M8 is great save the camera. Looking forward to the release. I am just not a fan of apple or android. I have all the apps I need and feel the changes coming will help fix the app gap that some have.
    08-29-2015 07:28 PM
    Never had Microsoft mobile :P just Nokia Lumia 950 will be the first
    It'll never be called "Nokia Lumia 950" because it will never be a Nokia phone ;)
    ven07 and Zoran Selinsek like this.
    08-29-2015 07:53 PM
    Yes, I'd definitely buy another. I'm loving my Lumia 930.
    08-29-2015 07:55 PM
    Sure. However I'm still enjoying my 820 (bought in December 2013). I feel it's somewhat a reliable device.
    Last edited by giustopio; 09-27-2015 at 06:36 AM.
    Al4video and adkrish22290 like this.
    08-29-2015 08:13 PM
    It will depend on many things, rear camera quality, have a card slot for more storage, good gps sensor and what phones android have at the time. Have a 1520 and 920 now hard to beat the 1520 and the 920 is my work phone, 920 is a very rugged device I will ride it until it quits working same with 1520. And the app are not that important to me except for productive and office apps. I have saw anything which interest me including these 2 phones.
    08-29-2015 08:23 PM
    Yes, I would.
    adkrish22290 likes this.
    08-29-2015 08:25 PM
    Without hesitation, why not? It's only a phone, people make too much of smartphones these days..
    08-29-2015 09:34 PM
    One year and a half with the "flagship 930" and besides the very good camera, and beautiful amoled screen, the gift of a bluetooth speaker and a 20 voucher I really think my choice of living without google did not really pay off. WP 8.1 and 10 is a constant beta. My bank does not have a WP app. Neither my semi prof photo camera manufacturer. Of course they do have it for iOS and Android. WM10 is a copy of iOS the buttons the styles the fly-out of the tiles aso. Cortana's stupid regional settings are infuriating. British Cortana sounds like a female Hawkins simulator combined with a depressed BBC presenter. The list is very long and mostly boring. Now my question to you all, who had either of the flagship models would you go and spend another 4-500 or equivalent in any currency on a new Microsoft Mobile? Please put your hand on your heart and be honest. I will start by saying NO.
    Owing phones by all 3, android ios and windows phone. I would be YES because it does not lag like android( Samsung galaxy s6 edge, top of the line android device.) is not boring and munane like ios( iPhone 6). My current windows phones are a pleasure to use and beat both of those phones.
    Kevin Rush, Al4video and cr_buck like this.
    08-30-2015 12:48 AM
    I don't think it's happening anytime soon. My 625H drowning on water and nothing broke. They make a good product
    Al4video likes this.
    08-30-2015 01:00 AM
    I got a 930 that i got for 170 (dirt cheap) and my wife has a 635. Would i pay top dollar for a flagship? No i probably wouldn't but my next device will defenitly be a WM phone. Depending on the options vs price it will be budget ranging to older flagship.
    Unless continum really takes then maybe it would pay off to get the latest and greatest.
    08-30-2015 01:27 AM
    It'll never be called "Nokia Lumia 950" because it will never be a Nokia phone ;)
    Sorry :P Never had Microsoft mobile :P just Nokia, Lumia 950 will be the first I missed the comma
    ven07 and Squeegies like this.
    08-30-2015 01:51 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Windows Smartphone from TELUS mobility.

2006 - Motorola Q9c WM6
    2009 - LG iQ WM6.5
    2012 - Samsung ATIV S WP8.1.1
    2015 - Lumia?

The only thing stopping me from buying a new Lumia this year is if Microsoft is using the crappie Snapdragon 810 in their flagship phone, right now waiting to see if it is the 810 or 820?

Snapdragon 820 is definitely in my next phone!
    kullalishka likes this.
    08-30-2015 02:22 AM
    Yes, I am very excited about having modern specs, a large screen, and a stylus. Not as chuffed about the loss of zoom when compared to my 1020 though. But I think the benefits will make it worth it.
    rollindice likes this.
    08-30-2015 03:05 AM
    I think i will stick to my L1520 for a while longer untill there is a real successor for my device, because I don't think the L950 and the L950xl are the flagships i am waiting for.
    Something like the Surface Phone with W10 that i've seen in some renders, i would buy in a heartbeat, if it actually were made.
    Untill then my L1520 will stay with me, because it still is an everyday joy to use.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    08-30-2015 03:36 AM
    That's the plan, even though Microsoft's fumbled just about everything for a year now, from a mobile standpoint. Android and iOS just do nothing for me. I'm hoping we get a Microsoft Bluetooth controller though, because gaming on a touch device as-is doesn't make me happy.
    hmm, /i thought you would jump ship.
    08-30-2015 04:00 AM
    Hard to say. Don't fancy changing os, but MS lumias are getting bigger and uglier. Would go with HTC WP but don't want to give up good camera.
    08-30-2015 04:37 AM
    Sometimes people are willing to spend money on something not the best (or the most popular).

I just like it. I would not think too much on the question "what will I get for every buck I spent on Windows?"....

The quality of people who use the phone can make it appear better :P
    08-30-2015 04:44 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Windows Smartphone from TELUS mobility.

2006 - Motorola Q9c WM6
    2009 - LG iQ WM6.5
    2012 - Samsung ATIV S WP8.1.1
    2015 - Lumia?

The only thing stopping me from buying a new Lumia this year is if Microsoft is using the crappie Snapdragon 810 in their flagship phone, right now waiting to see if it is the 810 or 820?

Snapdragon 820 is definitely in my next phone!
    How much better is Snapdragon 820 compared with 810, except that it is a newer model?
    08-30-2015 04:49 AM
    Absolutely yes. The lively Live Tiles are amazing. The photos changing. The music tile animated graphics. Tubecast and Flipboard updating their images. I like my calendar, Wunderlist, weather, news, Windows Central, and ... all updating me. The great Bing images on my lock screen, with Tetra Lockscreen, change each day.
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 08-30-2015 at 06:04 AM.
    08-30-2015 05:25 AM
    I've had a Microsoft Windows phone since 2006, I honestly think that this is my last phone from them...carriers are killing the OS and Microsoft is powerless to stop them.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 05:27 AM
    How much better is Snapdragon 820 compared with 810, except that it is a newer model?
    Better CPU (cores are custom made from Qualcomm this time), better GPU, possibility of 4k60fps recording, 4k screen resolutions etc. Also it is not going to have that strange over heating problem which has ruined phones like the Z3+, htc m9, ONEPLUS TWO (Had to be under clocked)
    Laura Knotek and ven07 like this.
    08-30-2015 05:35 AM
    I think you're a bit of an edge case, to be honest. Semi-professional camera manufacturer?

As for banking, well I'm clearly very conservative (with a small 'c', let me make clear) when it comes to trusting my details over the web. I have never banked through my PC or phone because although the cryptographic technology to do so safely does exist, it is very brittle. Any mistake in the it's deployed can undermine the whole exercise. The GOTO FAIL bug proves that even Apple can get it wrong and if you're thinking Android, the Stagefright exploit shows how comprehensively Google can mess up and is only the latest example.

It's instructive to see how Google react when a security flaw is made public. When the BBC pointed out that a Tesco Hudl tablet only deleted the directory tree when reset, leaving files readable, Google made a statement that Android users should turn on device encryption before resetting.

What's clear here is that Google regard the onus of personal privacy to be on their users, whereas Apple and Microsoft rightly recognise this is part of their responsibility. Ordinary users simply do not have the knowledge to even recognise a security flaw, leave alone obviate it. When Google do act on security, it is always retroactively, releasing patches which even they know will not be distributed to the majority of affected users. They also don't stick to their own 90 day rule on going public with such exploits, they asked Zimperium for an extension despite denying Microsoft any. (I hope incidentally, you all have the Zimperium Stagefright detector app on your Android devices?)

Security requires competence and commitment, and in my opinion Google have neither.

You see that I don't regard Android as an option and like others here find iOS dull, so it's just fortunate that I like Windows Mobile so much and that it has proved so reliable.

There are limits though, given that I have to factor in the cost of a decent 128GB SD card, I doubt I'd want to go over 600. Also, I want to see what my options are: Does the Snapdragon 810 cause Cityman to overheat? Is that shiny ring around the camera on Talkman really as ugly as it seems and well, both models lack elan. Is anyone else going to release a WM flagship and what about a Surface phone? That might meet my needs better.

In short, the answer to your question is yes, I will and do so with the hope that Windows 10 will make the app gap smaller and will gain greater penetration than before.
    08-30-2015 05:38 AM
    Hell yeah, of course. I really like the OS, pure and simple. Why do I need to 'jump ship' if it suits me, works for me, and is something I enjoy using? I also kinda like the fact that it's unique, it's not just part of the iOS/Android crowd. Why does it always need comparing to those two, it's meant to be a different option. The design style (on 8.1 at least, haven't tried W10) is great, the live tiles make the perfect menu screen for any phone. It just works; Windows is the OS for me, I have no desire to buy a phone running anything other.

For now, I'm happy with my trusty 1020 - I do 'love' (within the context of technology, of course) that phone. As for it's successor, well that depends on how/when I upgrade. As things stand, I'll probably have another year with my 1020 before I consider moving on to a (hopefully reduced in price) 950, or whatever MS phone is looking like a good upgrade at the time.
    08-30-2015 05:39 AM
1,280 1234 ...