02-08-2017 03:20 AM
1,280 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    I'm up for an upgrade and am just waiting for the new Windows 10 Mobile flagships to arrive. So yes, I will buy another Windows mobile device, and can't wait.
    09-10-2015 05:08 PM
    I have the Icon, which I dearly love, and have the Fitbit Surge fitness watch which I bought when it first came out early this year. The Fitbit app for Windows 8 is great, and they also have a mobile app. (I'm still on W8.1 on the Icon ... I'm going to wait until W10 is final to change.) Check it all out! The Surge does everything that you could hope for in a fitness watch!
    09-10-2015 06:38 PM
    I have 3 upgrades on Verizon and my 928 is on it's last legs. Am waiting for Cityman and Talkman or HTC One until the Intel phone in the spring. I will absolutely buy another Windows mobile vs the alternatives.
    dr_aquafresh and libra89 like this.
    09-10-2015 07:15 PM
    No! Since lumia 610, 820, 925 i go to lg g4 next monday ! In the future i dont now
    09-10-2015 08:26 PM
    Waiting for the October event to make a final decision, but most likely will stay
    09-10-2015 08:43 PM
    Doesn't here maps on android and iOS have offline navigation. If it does just switch. Come back anytime you like.
    09-11-2015 02:24 AM
    Doesn't here maps on android and iOS have offline navigation. If it does just switch. Come back anytime you like.
    Here on Android does have off line navigation, and it works perfectly.
    09-11-2015 03:07 AM
    I switched from my L830 to the Galaxy Note 5 a week ago and I'm very happy with the switch. Not gonna lie, I do miss the live tiles but I'm not missing anything else really. MS made it so easy for me to switch. I have all my Office tools plus OneDrive and they all work flawlessly. I don't have a lot of faith in the upcoming WP10. Windows 10 official rollout was still a "not ready for primetime" release of the OS in my opinion. I own a SP2 and you would think that a device made exclusively by MS would have little to no problems with the new OS made by the same people. I have had a wealth of issues with my Surface since the upgrade. Overheating, battery drain, not going to sleep, issues with my type cover keyboard, and so on. Some have been resolved but not the big ones. My battery still drains rapidly enough that I have to charge daily. I never had to do that before. It still gets too hot and it still wakes up on its own, causing the fan to run constantly. I still believe in the WP and am going to take a wait and see attitude about it. Hopefully MS get get it all sorted out.
    09-11-2015 05:48 AM
    Definitely. Can't believe how good my 1520 still is after more than 20 months. The insider programme whilst still a little rough today is great, especially as it will continue. I have a 930 also which I picked up unlocked in January virtually new for 200.
    Just hoping for a dual SIM 950XL as would prefer single phone now for work and home. Just can't get on with Android, I actually bought the 1520 to replace my work Android phone and am moving away from my Shield Tablet 5.1.1 to a Win10 tablet with an emulator for the odd android app I need. Each to their own :-).
    09-11-2015 05:57 AM
    Yes I would! waiting for the new phones to come from Microsoft
    09-11-2015 06:20 AM
    I honestly don't have much idea. Everything depends on the october event. 950/XL renders seems pretty bad in my opinion. I will wait until they are released and judge whether they look premium in my eyes or not. After all, I am going to replace my Lumia 920. Though it had a dual core processor and 1GB RAM(which was not a flagship spec even at the time it was released), it worked superb and also caught a lot of people's attention.

950/XL should have bold color options as well. If they are going to be just Black and white only, I am not interested. Also Windows 10 mobile seems completely immature for me. I agree that it is in beta stage but how much development we could expect in a short amount of time? My Lumia 640XL with Windows Phone 8.1 took lot better pictures than Windows 10 mobile. Right now, I am not even using it for taking pictures. Using only my Lumia 920(running Windows Phone 8.1).

For the lack of better words, Windows Phone 8.1 seems to be completely connected with all the hardware/software/apps it had. Windows 10 mobile seems to have only the basic functionality available. To be put blunt, I am not very happy with Windows 10 mobile, as of now. Hopefully things change for good soon and I will stay with Windows 10 mobile.

And to answer the question whether will I stay with Windows Phone? Yes. I will not upgrade my Lumia 920 and 640XL to Windows 10 mobile and stay on Windows Phone 8 until Windows 10 mobile gets better(again it's my opinion)
    09-11-2015 06:25 AM
    Yes. Already have a plan to buy 640 when price drop.
    Windows phone still has super performance/cost.
    09-11-2015 06:29 AM
    I ordered the lumia 640 xl yesterday. This is my last attempt at windows mobile, if it picks up I will continue to support it, if it doesn't I'm going to change to android. I truly hope I don't have to...
    mmerch likes this.
    09-11-2015 06:41 AM
    I'm thinking its time to take abreak from WP. I'm at a point where I need to upgrade my hand sets for the family, and the comparison in value is glaring. At present, I run a 1520, 930, 830, and two 635s for the FAM.

I'm settling on moving everyone to Asus Zenfone 2s and a generic WalMart plan, with a home base Skype capability. If WP closes the value gap, I'm confident that the Zens will be able to run the new OS.

As a total MS hound, I'm disappointed to have to make this call. But value is value.
    09-11-2015 07:18 AM
    Honestly I was seriously considering it. But then that blackberry leak with a physical keyboard stole my heart. I'm not a huge fan of android, even though I have a Z3 that is amazing (that battery and waterproofness). I had a Q10 and I kind of regret getting rid of it. That's how much I like physical keyboards. And yes I had a palm pre as well years ago. Add to it the apps that android has (credit union, wifi for my olympus camera, trello etc) and it would take something considerable for me to grab a WP at this point.
    09-11-2015 08:04 AM
    I'm frustrated with the beta of WM10 and am having a hard time deciding if I'll jump on a 950XL. I realize betas all have their issues but as we get closer and closer to the alleged release I'm not gaining any confidence. I do still love the personalization and uniqueness of the UI on windows and feel it's far better than Android or Apple. However, promised apps that haven't arrived and no support by most banking institutions really hurts. Missing social app like snap chat really push the age up on the user base as well. I get the idea of a 'work' phone but the apps aren't there for this to be the case. Concur(a business expense app) is a joke of what is on iOS. Airline apps suck. The list is long.

I've waited this long with my Icon and will probably get a 950XL but it will be my last Windows phone if the ecosystem doesn't beef up.
    09-11-2015 09:24 AM
    Does keep my golf score, tell me how far from the pin I am and recommend a club based on my past play?
    09-11-2015 09:29 AM
    I am planning on staying with Windows Phone - it is does what I need and works seamlessly for me. That being said the 950 and 950XL are going to have to be awesome phones - MS needs to bring a flagship phone to the game. What is frustrating is the suggested wait we will have after the planned announcements in October for the possibllity of the Surface Phone. I would hate to upgrade in October to a 950XL only to see the Surface Phone out in the new year. MS should announce all 3 at once, there is a chance of upsetting a fair few people in the Windows Phone community if they split the announcement or delivery of the suggested Surface Phone.

09-11-2015 10:20 AM
    I'm undecided, honestly. I love the WP platform. I love the tiles. I love the simplicity. What I don't like is having to always tell people "no, sorry, I don't have that app" or "no, I can't do that, I have a Windows Phone."

I recently (2 months ago) picked up an iPhone 6 Plus, and it's a very solid device. Yes, it has a TON of apps that I'll never use, but all of the important ones (and more important than that, all of the ones all of my friends and family use) are there. Yes, it has the same icon layout as it's always had, but it's VERY fast, and very fluid. The extra half second I wait for my 830's screen to turn on and unlock means I'm already in the app I was looking for anyway with the iPhone. Bluetooth seems to work better in my car, where my 830 (all 3 of them that I've had) is horrible in that regard.

Mobile payments.... I can't tell you the number of times I have left my wallet in my laptop bag or in the center console of my truck, but didn't go back for it because I could make my purchases anyway because I had my phone on me. It just works, and it's once again, very fast.

The camera quality is not equal with WP's PureView models, but the pictures are still very good, and I can burst capture and record slow motion video like no tomorrow, with no 3rd party apps necessary. Having a two-year old son who is extremely active, this is a huge plus.

Overall I feel like while I love MS and WP, the platform still has a very long way to go in catching up. They have a lot of desirable features and overall I like the tile system better (I don't know who wouldn't) than static icons, but the fluid and seamless experience you get with the iPhone is really hard to argue against. Trust me, I hate saying that, but it's true.

I'm really hoping to be impressed with the 950 and 950XL, but I'm not holding my breath after being on the other side of the fence for the fist time in years (I was a WP convert from the hardcore Android ROM world with the first HTC Titan, and have owned Lumia 900, 920, 1020, 1520, 830, 640XL), and MS has made that transition very easy by allowing ALL of their apps and services on those other platforms that work equally well. The advantages of having more than you "need" seem to outweigh being content with what I have, in my case. I know that if I need to do something that would be out of the ordinary for me on WP, I can do it now, basically no questions asked.

I'm torn. I'll probably pick up a new WP to play with the new hardware, but it will really need to provide a compelling experience for me to go back full time.
    Joe920 likes this.
    09-11-2015 10:43 AM
    I think we must move to Lg nexus or Huawei Nexus Or Moto X Pure Edition.There is lot more to do
    09-11-2015 10:45 AM
    I am planning on staying with Windows Phone - it is does what I need and works seamlessly for me. That being said the 950 and 950XL are going to have to be awesome phones - MS needs to bring a flagship phone to the game. What is frustrating is the suggested wait we will have after the planned announcements in October for the possibllity of the Surface Phone. I would hate to upgrade in October to a 950XL only to see the Surface Phone out in the new year. MS should announce all 3 at once, there is a chance of upsetting a fair few people in the Windows Phone community if they split the announcement or delivery of the suggested Surface Phone.

You posted this at exactly 10:20am. Ironic, I think not!
    09-11-2015 10:49 AM
    Only if Surface phone shows up not the boring looking 950/XL
    09-11-2015 10:54 AM
    Absolutely.

Though I would prefer a "Surface Phone" (if it will ever exist).

Proud owner of Lumia 822, 920 and 1520 (current).
    09-11-2015 12:10 PM
    I'm with you on that one. no 950 for me
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    09-11-2015 12:14 PM
    Yep, I'm all in. Buying two on day one. I've been happy with my 920 all these years but it's time for another indestructible poly phone with Qi charging. Also, a phone that can be my desktop computer? How can I not go that route?
    melhiore, Joe920 and horseybob like this.
    09-11-2015 01:12 PM
1,280 ... 2829303132 ...