02-08-2017 03:20 AM
1,280 ... 45678 ...
tools
    50-50.

Between iPhone and an imaginary Surface Phone. If the flagships are what I see being leaked, and a Surface phone does not materialize then I will probably get an iPhone.

Very disappointed with the countless (some even serious, i.e. no backup possible for months.) bugs.
    08-31-2015 10:25 AM
    the reason why i switched to Lumia 640 from Iphone 4s was that my Iphone was literally dying and i thought why not to go and buy some cheap, good-looking, and fast phone. so, i came up with microsoft. it has been 2 months already and i enjoy it so far. for me a mobile phone is a toy to use a while and then i will feel kinda tired of it.so now i only wish microsoft to get a success out of its mobile industry. and yes, i would buy a new phone from microsoft it is gonna be cheap and not overpriced as iphones.
    08-31-2015 10:26 AM
    disappointed with the new phones. the hardware is good but the design looks like a kid toy
    08-31-2015 10:27 AM
    Don't know... I think WP8.1 is better than W10M, at least from I have seen so far.
    mariusmuntean likes this.
    08-31-2015 10:37 AM
    Absolutely. I'll be first in line for the Lumia 950 this fall. I'll never go back to iPhone, and Android is such a mess. Since I use Windows 10 everywhere, it'll be nice to have it on my phone too. And since I'm not a teenager, I don't care that there's no snap-chat, and the app gap hasn't really bothered me much (and it's likely to get a lot better with Windows 10 anyway).
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-31-2015 10:39 AM
    More than likely. If for no other reason just to tick the Mrs. off for a day or two.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-31-2015 11:10 AM
    I'd like to buy another Phone running Windows Mobile OS. I'm pretty much a die-hard supporter. But a part of me doesn't think they're taking this seriously or maybe they just cant.

It doesn't bother me that there is no Snap-Chat or that Instagram hasn't been updated in years. But what I really don't understand is the fact that Microsoft hasn't built a feature complete Mobile OS in 6 years. Just think about that. We all know the history of Kernel changes and restarts, but they've rebuilt windows from the ground up in 3 to what we saw as Windows 8. Then they rebuilt it again in 3 more to what is today knows as windows 10. But The mobile side is still a work in progress. We all see that it's a mobile world, so when are they going to really decide to build a killer Mobile OS.

I like taking pictures with my phone and Microsoft devices have the best cameras. So why isn't that a focal point. They say 40MP cameras don't sell phones, well your 5, 10 and 20MP phones get no media attention taking the standard marketing approach. So make more 40MP phones and stay relevant. Be best in class in the few areas you have an advantage. Why doesn't Microsoft realize entertainment value is worth as much as productivity. Pictures, Movies, Music.

Where are the bundles Microsoft. Why don't I get Office 365, Groove, and 2 months of XBOX Live every time I buy a windows Phone. Think a college or high school student might like that kind of deal. Why don't my Colleges, Friends and fellow gamers show up in one list amongst all those services so I can say Try these other services out. How about a 640 thrown in with every top of the line XBOX ONE Bundle sold for the Christmas season.

Why hasn't Microsoft looked at Phones like the iPhone, S6 edge and the millions of surface phone renders and said, let's build a beautiful device that if nothing more looks the part. I'm starting to think they cant. Maybe they don't have the people there anymore to get it done. Maybe they don't realize that Lumia's are dead. Yep I said it, they're dead for certain markets.

Let's just move on from Lumia's in the North American Territory and make one Surface phone. Yep, One Phone Like the iPhone. No budget device, no mid range, just one Halo device that showcases the best you have. Let's leave the Lumia's and the volume sales to China, India and Russia.

Will I buy the new Lumia's. Maybe. But that's not a good sign considering I already have the Titan, 900, 920, 1020 and 1520. Now I'm saying maybe. Nokia is dead, but I think my love of Windows phone might be following them to the grave. I can't keep making excuses for Microsoft. They just need to build something amazing Like the surface pro 3, make it feature complete, market it with the taylor swifts of the world and get back to being relevant. Because if they don't, soon widows, especially the mobile side, will just be another story of how Rome came crashing down.
    Kevin Rush and humanhowever like this.
    08-31-2015 11:15 AM
    Yes, I will. I'll also be honest to say that I bring two phones. The other one being Android just for an app or so that MS doesn't have. But my main phone is still Microsoft and I'll still get another when my phone needs changing.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-31-2015 11:18 AM
    I'm just waiting for a Flagship. I currently have the HTC One M8 for Windows, but I really miss the camera on my old Lumia 920. I would have purchased the Lumia 930, but it wasn't available for AT&T.

I'm in the US Cortana works great. Cortana is awesome with Bluetooth and Ford Sync (I can have texts read to me and I can reply to texts hands free).

My bank doesn't have an app for my phone, but I don't really care about that. I've been able to find suitable third party apps. Apps are getting a lot better.

I don't like Apple and I constantly hear that every Android update breaks someone's phone. Best thing about having a windows phone is the near flawless syncing. When I first switched to Windows Phone it was 0 hassle. Contacts synced perfectly and merged duplicate names (or gave me the suggestions to merge contacts) and switching to a new windows phone device is effortless. All you have to do is sign in to your Microsoft Account and it does everything for you. My girlfriend just got a new Android phone and spent 3-4 hours switching devices. In the end she had problems with duplicate contacts and had to manually install several applications.

Overall I love the look and style of Windows Phone. I'm looking forward to Windows 10 and Continuum.
    08-31-2015 11:38 AM
    I will if it's the right Flagship. I am disappointed at the renderings of Cityman & Talkman. Currently I have my 1520 on w10 preview. Is running smooth. I love the WP UI. Yes. I have most of the apps I need & use but I am also using Android on a second phone just to compare what's making this OS tick & what I am missing on WP. I don't like the Android UI at all. But, not knowing if WP will be there in a year or two, I am forced to try out other options. Ike iOS better than Android, but it's highway robbery for what you have to pay for those phones. I am rooting for WP to do better & succeed but I am afraid, MS will drop the ball. I say this because all the MS apps on Android feel better than the WP version. Which is sad but true.
    mariusmuntean likes this.
    08-31-2015 11:44 AM
    Don't know... I think WP8.1 is better than W10M, at least from I have seen so far.
    even though w10 is still beta the whole concept of a desktop UI downsized to a phone is not what I expected. Also it works with lags on most devices compared to 8.1 on the same devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-31-2015 11:45 AM
    No.

My next phone looks like it will be a Nexus. I feel there is a lot I am missing with a Windows phone right now. All my friends play games I don't have like Ingress, Clash of Clans, etc. (I know there are awesome and cross-platform equivalents but those aren't the ones they use), using virtual reality headsets (e.g. Google Cardboard), real multitasking/background processing, having apps I need (for me banking most importantly), and, in my opinion, a much Microsoft ecosystem experience. The obvious downsides I see are security and picture quality. Battery life may be another for some people but not for me.

Maybe in a couple of years when Microsoft has decided what to do and when/if developers start supporting the mobile platform and the apps show up. I had hope for the longest time. Promise after promise. I'm thinking it's time to wait from the outside now. If they release Edge for Android I will think twice about coming back though.
    08-31-2015 11:47 AM
    I'd like to buy another Phone running Windows Mobile OS. I'm pretty much a die-hard supporter. But a part of me doesn't think they're taking this seriously or maybe they just cant.

It doesn't bother me that there is no Snap-Chat or that Instagram hasn't been updated in years. But what I really don't understand is the fact that Microsoft hasn't built a feature complete Mobile OS in 6 years. Just think about that. We all know the history of Kernel changes and restarts, but they've rebuilt windows from the ground up in 3 to what we saw as Windows 8. Then they rebuilt it again in 3 more to what is today knows as windows 10. But The mobile side is still a work in progress. We all see that it's a mobile world, so when are they going to really decide to build a killer Mobile OS.

I like taking pictures with my phone and Microsoft devices have the best cameras. So why isn't that a focal point. They say 40MP cameras don't sell phones, well your 5, 10 and 20MP phones get no media attention taking the standard marketing approach. So make more 40MP phones and stay relevant. Be best in class in the few areas you have an advantage. Why doesn't Microsoft realize entertainment value is worth as much as productivity. Pictures, Movies, Music.

Where are the bundles Microsoft. Why don't I get Office 365, Groove, and 2 months of XBOX Live every time I buy a windows Phone. Think a college or high school student might like that kind of deal. Why don't my Colleges, Friends and fellow gamers show up in one list amongst all those services so I can say Try these other services out. How about a 640 thrown in with every top of the line XBOX ONE Bundle sold for the Christmas season.

Why hasn't Microsoft looked at Phones like the iPhone, S6 edge and the millions of surface phone renders and said, let's build a beautiful device that if nothing more looks the part. I'm starting to think they cant. Maybe they don't have the people there anymore to get it done. Maybe they don't realize that Lumia's are dead. Yep I said it, they're dead for certain markets.

Let's just move on from Lumia's in the North American Territory and make one Surface phone. Yep, One Phone Like the iPhone. No budget device, no mid range, just one Halo device that showcases the best you have. Let's leave the Lumia's and the volume sales to China, India and Russia.

Will I buy the new Lumia's. Maybe. But that's not a good sign considering I already have the Titan, 900, 920, 1020 and 1520. Now I'm saying maybe. Nokia is dead, but I think my love of Windows phone might be following them to the grave. I can't keep making excuses for Microsoft. They just need to build something amazing Like the surface pro 3, make it feature complete, market it with the taylor swifts of the world and get back to being relevant. Because if they don't, soon widows, especially the mobile side, will just be another story of how Rome came crashing down.
    They ditched most of the Nokia team. Microsoft looks more and more as a cost keeping company willing to ignore any sort of quality. They could have picked one of the concepts out there, cause there are some stunning ones, give that guy a contract to finish the whole design along with their team but keeping his model in front. But why to pay more when they simply decided to ignore everything and come up with these two trash toys. Also there are some concepts about the OS too, extremely beautiful. Did MS took any of them into account? No And they scream then that WP needs more users and dev attraction. I believe that a team of no more than 4 concept designers out there could have provided a breaktrough device and a stunning OS interface and experience.... and some call Satya a mastermind :))) lol at what? ignoring any sort of quality maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-31-2015 11:57 AM
    If there was a new one that's better than my 1320, I would.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-31-2015 12:04 PM
    Yes of course. The question is, what would I buy if MS does kill off WP? Which I wish people would actually stop talking about.. self-fulfilling prophecies and all.
    08-31-2015 12:12 PM
    Yes. I love my Lumia 930. This time next year is my next change. Hoping there will be a Surface phone out by then.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-31-2015 12:17 PM
    Oh hell yes I would! I currently have a Lumia 930 and bought my wife an Iphone 6 plus and I feel like I just paid someone for a sack of gold only to find out when I got home the bag was filled with rocks. I really really really really hate that thing.
    PepperdotNet and Kevin Rush like this.
    08-31-2015 12:18 PM
    50-50.
    I'll stick with my 1520 for a while because it will remain relevant (hardware/software) for some time.

The 920 was (only my opinion... your mileage may vary) the a stunning phone in terms of appearance. Yes, it was a little heavy (not an issue for me or my wife), but really striking. Every new series 30/40 design looks toylike by comparison.

If the 950XL has a dual sim dual active option in the USA... that might be tempting. It's looks are at least on par with my 1520 (though neither are as pretty as the 920 or that Android phone that goes edge to edge... that's neat).
    08-31-2015 12:19 PM
    50-50.
    I'll stick with my 1520 for a while because it will remain relevant (hardware/software) for some time.

The 920 was (only my opinion... your mileage may vary) the a stunning phone in terms of appearance. Yes, it was a little heavy (not an issue for me or my wife), but really striking. Every new series 30/40 design looks toylike by comparison.

If the 950XL has a dual sim dual active option in the USA... that might be tempting. It's looks are at least on par with my 1520 (though neither are as pretty as the 920 or that Android phone that goes edge to edge... that's neat).
    Setting aside the OS, the main reviewers' criticism of the (beautiful, IMHO) L920 was weight. L930? A bit chubby vs competition. You would think in three years Lumia could figure out a way to "slim down"... L830 was getting there....
    08-31-2015 12:30 PM
    Yes. I love my Lumia 930. This time next year is my next change. Hoping there will be a Surface phone out by then.
    I'm thinking L930 on eBay, surface phone next year as well
    08-31-2015 12:31 PM
    Of course I will, sort of a strange question to ask. My current Lumia has served me extremely well, beautiful photos, easy syncing, etc. Apps can be a problem, especially when it comes to control apps for IoT devices. Need more people to buy Windows Mobile devices so we can get beyond asking developers to create/port apps to Windows Mobile but demand they do. Not there yet.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-31-2015 12:33 PM
    Most likely not, but really, it'd be very easy to keep me (and probably others). First of all, if they don't offer their new flagships on Verizon, I won't be sticking with the platform. If they offer some sort of special variant for Verizon (955 and 955 XL), I won't be sticking with the platform. They need to realize that it's much easier and cheaper to market your phones when you offer the same things on all the networks (see Apple, Samsung, LG, etc.). Too many people are confused by the 920/928, 820/822, etc. It's flat out bad marketing.

They need to show they're serious about the platform. As W10 gains marketshare and developers start developing for it, Microsoft needs to create some sort of incentive to make sure the apps work on mobile. They need to start pushing big developers hard to get their apps, even if they have to lose some money at the start.

A lot of people won't switch platforms if they can't keep their games and apps. There's no Injustice, Clash of Clans, etc. on W10M and that right there is the reason that people won't switch. They are making it easy to copy/paste code from IOS and Android, now they need to give devs reason to do it.

Also, it's something that Windows Phone users have gotten used to and are fine with, but we need better first party support. When someone wants Instagram, the response they don't want to hear is, "Yeah, but the official app sucks, but there's this great third party developer that makes and expertly supports his Instagram app." Most of us are good with it, but people moving over won't be.

I hope they do something, but if not, they are going to continue to lose supporters and marketshare.
    08-31-2015 12:58 PM
    Last time I counted, if I went back to WP from my iPhone 6 I would be missing at least 42 apps, 15 of which are core apps I use everyday. Of those 42, I could probably get by with 27 of them just using the browser to logon such as my bank app and others. Until the app gap shrinks I probably won't consider going back to WP, but I am keeping my eyes open since I do have a work Android phone that can fill those gaps, while I use WP for taking pictures, games, live tiles, Cortana, etc.
    08-31-2015 01:00 PM
    No, absolutely not.

When they add a decent detailed lock screen notification, with more than one app option, then I'll buy one blindfolded. Until then, compared to the competition, it's a beta OS (I know its a tough comment).

Sorry Microsoft, I personally cannot live without this feature. Sad thing is I'm a huge fan of Lumia / Windows phones. I keep coming here looking for new features posts. One day, who knows...
    08-31-2015 01:07 PM
    Having ben a Blackberry user for many years and converting to Windows 7.0 several years ago, I've been a Windows Phone enthusiast ever since. I admit to venturing to Android a couple times to see what it was like but I have always quickly returned to Windows Phone. I now have 2 Lumia Icons, one is my Daily Driver and the other is for testing the latest preview build before loading on my DD device. I plan on getting the new 940/950 5.2 inch version when it comes out. The only thing that could stop me from that is an announcement of a Surface Phone. So I've tried Android and my wife has a iPhone and I am not interested in either OSs over Windows Mobile 10 and the Microsoft Lumia devices!
    08-31-2015 01:12 PM
1,280 ... 45678 ...