Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

Solidstate89

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm leery of the fact the 950XL will be using the Snapdragon 810 as that thing has proved to run hot as an oven, but other than that, yes, I have every intention on purchasing something to replace my Lumia 1520.

I'm hoping there'll be a flagship that uses the Snapdragon 820, which means I have to wait until 2016 at the earliest.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I will go for the next Windows Phone. I have an 830 which I mostly like (except for the usual app gap). I like the nice feel of the metal phone. When I give it to people to take a photo they all say "nice phone."

The only things I really crave are a better camera and slightly bigger display. If the new Windows flagship phone is going to be polycarbonate I'm afraid you can count me out. I just think it has such a cheap feel. Especially for what could be a $500 or more phone

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, no. I've always supported Windows Phone since day one. I had an HTC snap for an upgrade when I was on Sprint (the processor in the phone was current and could handle WinMo without a lot of lag) and I felt like this was a great phone. When Windows Phone was introduced with a small marketplace, I waited until mango came for more functionality and apps, but I kept my eye on it until then. And I supported Windows Phone and loved the uniqueness of it all, but then a lot of apps that my family and friends were using weren't available immediately, if at all. Then the original tile functions that I loved on Windows Phone were diminished. And while I still held on, the announcements started how services from Microsoft would be available everywhere. So I did the math: What phone, that can hold it's value, has apps from all the ecosystems out there in the smartphone marketplace? Apple. So it made sense, for me, to go down that path, and to make sure that I don't have to jump from phone to phone to try and find what I need.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
And why are "teens" being categorized as people who use "apps"?

I'm 30 years old, and there's plenty of apps I use that aren't available on Windows such as Glide (to communicate with family), I heard BOA is no longer available (which is VERY convenient), my Capital One card where I can quickly check my balance and make payments, MelodyLab for when I feel like singing at 3 am and composing things for fun, a google music app (which I use because google lets you upload music), amazon prime, my United Health Care app to track my medicine and bills.

There are more apps I use but the point was not everyone using apps are a)kids and b)just jerking around

Vladimir Byazrov

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
[SUB]No.[SUB][/SUB] Not until it's going to be safe. I already supported Microsoft with buying two Windows Phones. It felt like I was robbed. The worst mobile experience ever. So no until Windows Phone will be better than Android or at least on par with it.[/SUB]

ChardKeryn

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I'll wait until new official flagships are announced and the final Windows 10 Mobile build released to be sure. But, so far, the answer is yes!

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
My LG G4 (admittedly unlocked model) has received SIX software updates in the time my Lumia has received ONE. Every time I try WP my device hardly gets important bug fixes, and what fixes do arrive are always MONTHS later than anticipated. Microsoft is just SO slow, which is shocking considering the capital and manpower the organisation has at its disposal.

harmish2687

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting for next flagship of Windows Phone.. however I am not looking for mobile with $500+ also not willing to wait until nxt (2nd WM10) phone.. Hopefully rumoured 950 stays between $400-$500..

Answer: Surely,YES :cool:

Garrymp

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes. First, I'v had an Icon since they came out and I think it is a solid, impressive piece of equipment. No complaints at all. Window 10 Mobile - I rolled back 3 times but Build 10512 is solid. But why run a beta and then ***** that it doesn't work right? Kind of missing the point, eh? You can sit around all day and pick apart Windows Phone or pick apart Android. Neither is without sin. I used Android and didn't like it even before I had my Icon. I ran away from Android as much as migrated to Windows Phone. It works seamlessly with my PC at home and I use MS Office, Oultook, Word, Excel for everything. No flaky 3rd party sync programs to deal with. Now I am running Windows 10 on the desktop, Windows 10 mobile on an Icon and Windows 10 on a new Surface Pro 3. I love having all of my info everywhere, all synced up, and in the apps that I know. Everything works the way I expect it to. Hell yeah, bring on that new Windows 10 Mobile flagship. I'm all over it.

CZEKOLADA

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, I've been with WP for almost 3 years. First, Lumia 710 for a half a year, than I had HTC Diamond2 with Windows Mobile 6.5 and Motorola Pro with android for 3 months (both). Now I'm an owner of a Lumia 920 for almost two years and I cannot see what device would replace my 920. 930 wasn't good enough anytime, W10M is so tragic on my 920 (veeeeeery slow, bugs are normal at this time, and what's more, I'm Microsoft beta tester since the Vista, so I'm used to beta software) and didn't make any good impression. So called 950 looks like a cheap phone (can't beat 920) and I'm lost. WP was a great system, beautiful, fast. Music tile on WP 7.8 was so great. Now most of the things I've loved in WP are lost, so I'm lost too. I would like to get a phone like 920/925, with a system that would work like and look like 7.8, but these are just my dreams. Now I think about switching to an iPhone, but I would love a new device with WP. Calling it Windows 10 Mobile it is also a stupid thing for me, because it is harder to find anything about it in any search engine, as it is too similar to normal edition of Windows.

Chezjuan

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I would. As of now, Windows Phone does all I need it to, and I enjoy using the platform. I am looking forward to tighter integration with W10 too.

cyan1two

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Of course yes, I am going to buy another Windows phone. I am waiting for the successor to Lumia 1520. This phone works well with me, I have had no problems since I bought it. With these phones it is easy to access documents on your Pc.

cristobel

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't there a rumor that you'd be able to root an Android and replace the OS with Windows Phone 10? I really hope that happens. If it does, I'll likely go for something like the fairphone. I like the idea of an ethically-source and manufactured phone, but would like to stay with WP.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, why not... i already have some android devices and yet always end up using my old trusty 920. Can't stand using iOS... so probably i will grab the 950 next year.

ishaniiit

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah definitely! In this complicated world I don't want another complexity in the name of Android. From the very beginning I am a fan of WP. I am going to buy Lumia 640 XL in couple of days. And since this is the time of cloud and syncing, I will be using Windows 10 along with my WP...:smile::smile:

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah definitely! In this complicated world I don't want another complexity in the name of Android. From the very beginning I am a fan of WP. I am going to buy Lumia 640 XL in couple of days. And since this is the time of cloud and syncing, I will be using Windows 10 along with my WP...:smile::smile:
After some time, you will rock Windows 10 Mobile not windows phone😊

Jorge Cabuhat

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have also Lumia 820... almost 3 ears now and it run's good with windows mobile 10 preview... i like it... i will buy new one... waiting for flagship...:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes