Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
App saturation on other platforms is highly likely to drive quite a few devs to WP, if nothing more than to find new customers. The money is drying up on other platforms where we have loads of folks who still need apps. Just something to consider.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No it isn't. The app gap is greatly exaggerated and I don't use all those apps people complain about.

Sent from mTalk

Then I guess 98.4% percent of ALL other smart phones users on the planet are wrong & you're "RIGHT" because you don't use "ALL THOSE APPS" .....riiiggghhhttt. Just like indoor plumbing is greatly exaggerated since I like crapping in an out house.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, although I am starting have some concerns about future support given the CEO's statements. After seeing Blackberry abandon their BB10 OS and move to android I am not eager to see that happen again.

dimi516

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I've always been an "iPhone guy"(hate android)!!!BUT because I didn't have the money to buy an iPhone this year,i just bought the Lumia 640xl...you know what????my next phone will definitely be a windows phone!!!!i can do everything I want and i didnt spend that big amount of money! best OS ever!!!!and the apps will came.....I'm sure!!!just be patient....

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I say sure. For relatives and family that want a smartphone but not something too expensive I'd get one for them. For a family member that's never had a smartphone I'd get them a lumia.

For me, not really. Maybe on a firesale which seems to be the case. Seen Lumia 640 on sale as low as 30. I'd get it and unlock it as my backup device. I'm just waiting but honestly I've given up ever moving to this platform. Had high expectations on WP10.

Emzijs

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have been out from WP for almost 2 years,but I will say - yes.But there is one thing:

I am not sure about the direction where W10Mobile is going.I mean,will there be another budget successor like Nokia 520?I want to go back to Windows Phone because it was way simplier and I like it a lot more, but I am not ready to spend 500 euros for Lumia 950. If someone can point me to really good budget Windows Phone,you are welcome and I may consider migrating from Android and Nexus 5 to Windows Phone.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
After spending my free time fixing Android-phones, Android will never be an option as long as it is this bad.
Iphone is just to limited.
Windows on the phone is perfect.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Add a badge in the website is a 5 minutes work. Not a excuse if the already have the app built

You don't get it, THEY DON'T CARE....... Any effort no matter how small is a waste of time in their eyes. I can imagine a proof session & some one speaks up & says "hey we forgot to add the Windows Phone logo" there's a silent pause, everyone looks at each other, then all shrug their shoulders & move on. That's called not caring.

DFranch

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Android a couple of years ago and I still miss my lumia 920 (Best phone I ever owned). Android has more apps, but windows was a better os IMHO.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You don't get it, THEY DON'T CARE....... Any effort no matter how small is a waste of time in their eyes. I can imagine a proof session & some one speaks up & says "hey we forgot to add the Windows Phone logo" there's a silent pause, everyone looks at each other, then all shrug their shoulders & move on. That's called not caring.

This is where the boss should act like any other company

Phone_fan

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I probably wouldn't buy another Windows Phone. Microsoft has had all this time to refine it and make it slick, smooth and clean and they haven't done so yet. It isn't responsive and needs a lot of work. Considering Windows Phone's low market share and Microsoft's supposed desire to make a strong showing with Windows Phone and the fact they haven't refined the system in all these years, I have lost interest in it. Microsoft won't change. They won't do what needs to be done. They seem to be just hoping what they have will catch on. It won't catch on...not until they really refine it and make it excellent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes