09-11-2015 05:38 PM
130 1234 ...
tools
    Just ignore,there isn't something like the best mobile os ever or whatever,but the best OS for you.
    09-06-2015 05:10 AM
    What you have in your hand is the future.Dont feel inferior to use WPs in front of your friends. to me android is just a glorified s*** old Symbian nothing new nothing exiting. and remember phones are just a tool that you choose purely based on your needs. So point that out to them. Wp is really advanced in many ways. it is the future. Livetiles are amazing. I can't live without it.they talk about widgets but that is bulls***. app icons+ widgets=livetiles. how cool is that. I don't want two different things for a single app occupying the space. Just ask them this question: at just ONE Glance, I can check my mails, calendar appointments, social network notificaitons &msgs, and most importantly all my news feeds headlines all in just few secs on the startscreen itself WITHOUT EVEN OPENING AN APP or notification center or without even touching the screen . can they do that? and when they say NO.then you say Fukc off and play with your toys changing theme and wallpaper.
    09-06-2015 05:32 AM
    How to tackle them? Easy, get low, hit them in the legs. They'll go down easy.
    Best option so far lol
    taymur and Jack Neill like this.
    09-06-2015 05:41 AM
    "Soon" you will be able to say "You should compare devices to their own category".

As what you will be holding wont be a "smartphone", it will be a "geniusphone", or what ever the hell Microsoft will call smartphones with computer-like capabilities, which i am sure it will be a crappy name, but we got that going for us now.

You can also lie and say that your phone will receive an update that will let it be used as a computer (although your phone wont) but it is safe to say that with the current market share, once windows phone gets the proper exposure, the 950 950XL will be out. :P
    Maxy12 likes this.
    09-06-2015 06:09 AM
    I really don't care what platform anyone else uses, I use Windows Phone because it has the features I want in a Smartphone. I just ignore the fanboys and get on with my life, there are more important things in life to argue about than mobile operating systems.
    Geddeeee, Rich215, libra89 and 2 others like this.
    09-06-2015 06:59 AM
    You made big mistake by showing them immature w10m preview...
    Just told them final version is still not ready and coming next month and currently you are checking only preview version for a fun..
    Just get any other Lumia loaded with WP8.1 Denim and show them how much WP os is fluid and lag free..
    I myself have Lumia 730 DS loaded with 400 apps n games still it is 100% lag free and works like charm..
    Show them Cortana, best apps , best tiles experience n debate with them..
    N also tell all missing features are coming in W10M update and also all lumias ll getting W10 update.
    Iris scanner is coming, project Astoria n Icelandwood for Android n IOS app porting coming, Continuum coming, Unified app store coming and much more
    09-06-2015 07:06 AM
    Seeing Windows Hello in Win 10, and all the convergence between WIn10 and Win10 Mobile, I'm pretty sure your L950/XL will be unlocking at your face :)
    09-06-2015 08:21 AM
    Statistics tells us that the majority of people blindly follow trends, have no free will and do not have good taste.

So I would respond to them, "You're the majority and I'm the minority. So I'm way more superior than you. Period" :P
    ZKnowN and Rich215 like this.
    09-06-2015 08:39 AM
    Don't talk to those people..?
    09-06-2015 10:33 AM
    We should be "happy" that there are more OSes because "competition" is good for consumers.
    libra89 and Nathan-NL like this.
    09-06-2015 10:54 AM
    To be honest, Windows needs more from their live tiles. On Android I have a scrollable calendar widget that allows me to see way more than what the live tile would show me. A soccer scores widget that allowed me to customize the teams I wanted it to show, and let's me see the scorers etc. with one click (not even going into the app). Live tiles are great if what you WANT is a quick glance at limited information. I often find that what is displayed on my live tiles isn't enough, and I have to go into the app (which is no advantage over iPhone or Android). With my Android widgets though...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    F3rzz and hb1x like this.
    09-06-2015 11:23 AM
    OS Wars are the worst, I hate the arguments, I shut it down when I pull out my Lumia and place it on the table next to my Nexus and iPhone 6.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-06-2015 01:02 PM
    Does anyone face the same problem?

I mean, I go to college, talk about "Hey, win 10 mobile has this new feature!", and almost everyone, especially a few, start an OS WAR with me!

If they search something on bing, and don't get what they wanted, they "blame" me for that!

They ask me, hey let me see your phone, and I'm like, OK, and after sometime, they start complaining about the lags, and glitches, and compare their phone's OS with a technical preview!

They would compare Siri/Google voice with Cortana (sometimes with my mobile data turned off), and if, once in a ten times, cortana fails, they brag about their AIs (not considering the fact that Google voice had serached the web for "find pizzas nearby", and Siri complaining "Siri not available" for call commands too). If I dare to ask cortana to sing a song, or tell a joke, it is immediately considered to be asking for useless stuff from an AI.

These are a few of many small things I faced months ago. Although these talks have faded away (perhaps because of me not giving a s#@t about them), I am just curious to know anyone out there, still facing the same problem, or has got their ways to tackle these fanboys?

You need to tackle and convince them with facts in favour of WP and against Lagdroid and iCrap. I have faced the same problem too, most of my friends are Lagdroid fanboys and fangirls who are ignorant about Windows Phone.

Enlighten them on WP's advantages over Lagdroid: lack of lag and security concerns, similar experience (no fragmentation) across OEMs, its unique and beautiful UI with live tiles which are aesthetically pleasing and not resource hogs and the unnecessity of having to tinker with the phone and flash third-party ROMs because WP works smoothly and perfectly in all aspects. Also, highlight WP's advantages over iCrap like free apps, low price, better specs for a lower price and the unique UI. Tell that than Lagdroid and iCrap apps can be installed in W10M and try to convince them that all the important apps are available for WP.

You should explain to them that W10M at the moment is in technical preview; an unfinished product which is bound to have lags and other issues. Also, show them and make them use a device running WP 8.1 to convince them of WP's smooth performance.

Cortana is an asset to WP, your friends are just jealous that their beloved Google Now does not have a female voice and cannot talk back to them. And Cortana never drains the battery rapidly unlike Google Now. Siri is quite good though.

Bing gives the relevant results for what we search. An equivalent Google search only returns ads (which are generated by Google illegally spying on what users do with Google and its related products) and some links to Google+ and other Google products, but very less relevant results for what we search. Bing is n times better than the rubbish Google search.

If even after explaining your friends all these advantages they are not convinced, then ignore them and be proud of the fact that you own a device running the world's best mobile OS developed by a company which revolutionised the computer industry.
    09-06-2015 01:12 PM
    I got to have a nice real world comparison of my 830 against a work colleagues iPhone in New York the other week. Twice on trips he tried asking Siri for directions to somewhere and she couldn't complete the voice translation or didn't know the address. Was grinning like a Cheshire cat when Cortana got it perfectly both times the iPhone failed and WP did the job. Felt vindicated in my choice of phone platform.

For business Windows Phone is great. For the student who wants SnapChat or the latest game or for the average person who wants their bank app on the phone Windows Phone is a challenge. I really hope the Android capability in WM10 fills in a lot of the app gap.
    Maxy12 and jonny melamet like this.
    09-06-2015 01:43 PM
    You need to tackle and convince them with facts in favour of WP and against Lagdroid and iCrap. I have faced the same problem too, most of my friends are Lagdroid fanboys and fangirls who are ignorant about Windows Phone.

Enlighten them on WP's advantages over Lagdroid: lack of lag and security concerns, similar experience (no fragmentation) across OEMs, its unique and beautiful UI with live tiles which are aesthetically pleasing and not resource hogs and the unnecessity of having to tinker with the phone and flash third-party ROMs because WP works smoothly and perfectly in all aspects. Also, highlight WP's advantages over iCrap like free apps, low price, better specs for a lower price and the unique UI. Tell that than Lagdroid and iCrap apps can be installed in W10M and try to convince them that all the important apps are available for WP.

You should explain to them that W10M at the moment is in technical preview; an unfinished product which is bound to have lags and other issues. Also, show them and make them use a device running WP 8.1 to convince them of WP's smooth performance.

Cortana is an asset to WP, your friends are just jealous that their beloved Google Now does not have a female voice and cannot talk back to them. And Cortana never drains the battery rapidly unlike Google Now. Siri is quite good though.

Bing gives the relevant results for what we search. An equivalent Google search only returns ads (which are generated by Google illegally spying on what users do with Google and its related products) and some links to Google+ and other Google products, but very less relevant results for what we search. Bing is n times better than the rubbish Google search.

If even after explaining your friends all these advantages they are not convinced, then ignore them and be proud of the fact that you own a device running the world's best mobile OS developed by a company which revolutionised the computer industry.
    Referring to competing ecosystems as "Lagdroid" and "iCrap", isn't going to convince anyone of anything, It just sounds petty and childish. I use WP, Android, and iOS all the time, each has their own advantages and disadvantages. How about focusing on that?
    neo158, libra89, Jezza and 3 others like this.
    09-06-2015 02:11 PM
    It's like being married. You can't live with them and you can't kill 'em.
    09-06-2015 02:14 PM
    Don't talk to strangers, cuz they're only there to do you harm 😂
    09-06-2015 02:23 PM
    Treat their opinion and point of view towards their respective OS with respect in the same way you'd like them to treat yours towards Windows Phones - even if they don't or won't. If they start blaming you for not finding certain results in Bing, then be content in the ridiculousness and unsoundness of the act. Know that heated arguments, similar emotionally based and cerebrum-crippling indulgences are not for the civilized, cultured and highly evolved. More importantly, go forth and keep developing for Windows.
    09-06-2015 02:48 PM
    i have installed 15 gigs of apps n games.. i challenge them that if droids can do the same... i hav around 250 apps.. i challenge them.. my photography.. shutter speed in lumia camera stuns them.. the still blades from a rotating fan.. the night photography... etc... Few days back only.. i wrote a letter addressing to one of my mates who teases the WP users.. and i posted the letter in the group... HE felt humiliated.. I told about the camera, the apps 15 gigs.. i challengd all the droids to do the same.. nobody came up.. because they know droids wud slow down with increase in nmbr of apps.. And Piracy.. u cant run pirated apps on wp ... so that developers wont lose their hard work and money.. i challengd em all.. nobody came up...
    09-06-2015 03:53 PM
    You said that you brought it up, and then complain when they disagree with you. You're like the little kid that says "Mommy, it's his fault...he hit me back." If you don't want to hear their side then don't bring the subject up.
    09-06-2015 04:03 PM
    If you want to tackle them, the appropriate method is:
    - knees bent
    - face up
    - plant shoulder into their midsection
    - wrap arms around midsection
    - explode with your legs upon contact, lifting them up into the air
    - finish the play by driving them into the ground on their backs

If that's not what you meant, then don't worry about them - inside they are jonesing for your phone.
    Dk92 and anon(9308532) like this.
    09-06-2015 04:09 PM
    It's been said before but my answer is: don't... just don't. It's just a bloody phone. That should be your answer if they're insistent.
    09-06-2015 05:27 PM
    That's if they are unlucky enough to have even received the Lollipop update!
    09-06-2015 05:28 PM
    It's pointless to compare OSs as there is good and bad with them all, now if we're talking devices themselves then that is a completely different story, for me WP is incomplete and trailing the competition with no assurance we'll be getting there anytime soon, in my opinion it is still much a "work in progress" so telling someone it's better is a tad premature, yes some areas may rival the competition to a degree but it takes the complete package and not just bits and pieces to make it whole... Just to clarify I do own the Ativ S/L1020/L830. ;-)
    09-06-2015 06:45 PM
    Step 1: If you're asking this question, realize that you are just as much of a fanboy as they are.
    Step 2: Ask yourself if they could "tackle" you with they're arguments for their OS.
    Step 3: When you realize the answer to Step 2 is NO, don't start the argument in the first place, you are just talking past each other in an attempt to justify your own choice and make yourself feel superior.
    Jack Neill and HaibaneReki like this.
    09-06-2015 07:08 PM
130 1234 ...