Weird but true: I have kept my phone deliberately on Windows Phone 8.0

christopherbarran

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this might be hard to believe.
I have kept my 920 on WP8.0.

Having been a big fan of WP since 7.
I really like the live tiles, the hubs and integration.
I liked 8.0
I got 8.1 early. I like Cortana and everything. But I hated the Music app and went back to 8.0
I have another phone on 8.1 so I know what I am missing.

My Facebook integration still works on the People hub for now with 8.0
I thought it was supposed to stop working?
I am heavily into photography and one of the best things about 8.0 is the photo hub, with the background photo and everything. Why did they change that for 8.1?

I've seen WM10 and well...Not too impressed.
Where has the design gone? Metro was cool. Focus on the content. It just seems to me MS abandoned their own design documents and now try to ape iOS and Android.

My plan, keep my phone on 8.0 as long as I can. Everyday it prompts me to upgrade.
WM10...I will have to see how that evolves.

Anyone else keeping a phone on 8.0 or am I just the last "stupid" holdout? LOL.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I wish I hadn't upgraded my 520 to 8.1. It used to be so smooth back then. And the resuming screens were quite rare.

I have a Lumia 520 as a backup device and it's currently my Insider Preview device for Windows 10 Mobile. Performance isn't terrible on the 520 although Lock Screen and Start Screen still take a few seconds.

Last edited:

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
The camera with Portico was unreal back the day, every update after that made the 920 camera not as good. I really like how smooth 8.0 was. I could never go back though, I use Cortana and the tile wallpapers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes