Anyone ever notice they get scratches on their phones from tungsten carbide rings? My wedding ring is made out of this and every once in awhile I notice a small scratch on my screen without any misuse. Reviews of gorilla glass say you shouldn't need a protector, but I still use one because of these little scratches. I'm thinking of getting a softer metal for my ring so I can abandon screen protectors. To explain my logic, hardness of a material is measured on a Mohs scale. Glass is 6, tungsten carbide 9, diamond 10, steel 5, platinum 4, gold 3. All these reassuring YouTube videos where they put a key or knife to the screen, don't scratch it because it is like trying to scratch gold with chalk. My ring is smooth and I think it is still probably the culprit. Anyone else notice this possibility?
    11-28-2015 02:10 PM
    I wear tungsten ring and never made that correlation
    11-28-2015 02:36 PM
    This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...ion-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

Interesting discussion...
    11-29-2015 12:13 PM
    Just out of waiting since i have a broken 1520. I tried scratching the screw with copper, steel, and 18k gold. None scratches the screen. My tungsten ring easily scratches it. Solved my scratch mystery and plan not to wear that ring anymore.
    12-08-2015 05:47 PM