Wow that app held on longer than I thought. I thought I was going to miss the Wells Fargo app but since I don't do deposits on my phone, no biggie. Edge logs on every bit as quick as the app did.

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk
    It can be quick true. Edge does ok on most sites. I just find it awkward to use on bigger screen phones at times. The BofA app gives only what I need to see on tap at a time. I'm assuming once that app is retired their entire site will have moved to their new design....

I also think by the time most sites catch up to what Edge is built for and capable of W10M will be long gone by then. Sux because every other site heats a Windows Phone up real good while using Edge....
    06-19-2018 06:50 PM
    I bought an Alcatel Idol 3 months ago, my daughter uses my Lumia 640, and both are working great (save the lousy FB app on the low memory Lumia.)
    Timbre70 likes this.
    06-20-2018 03:17 PM
    still using mine till this morning when my lumia 820 of 4 years slip out of my hand and killed the screen. back to old xpress music 5800 for a few days now till i find an other or find cost effect repair
    Yesterday 02:27 PM
    Here's one reason I stay (mostly) on Windows: notification overkill. I bought something on Amazon yesterday and I received an email to tell me it shipped. That's great. Cortana has already placed the tracking info as she usually does but it didn't end there. My iPhone and Galaxy BOTH had to send me a text as well as a notification from the Amazon app. I don't need 3 notifications to tell me the same exact thing. Mini rant over.

Sent from my Acer Spin 1 on mTalk
    Yesterday 05:31 PM
    Here's one reason I stay (mostly) on Windows: notification overkill. I bought something on Amazon yesterday and I received an email to tell me it shipped. That's great. Cortana has already placed the tracking info as she usually does but it didn't end there. My iPhone and Galaxy BOTH had to send me a text as well as a notification from the Amazon app. I don't need 3 notifications to tell me the same exact thing. Mini rant over.

Sent from my Acer Spin 1 on mTalk
    I believe that’s only because you have notifications set to do it. They can be adjusted.
    raycpl likes this.
    Yesterday 06:05 PM
    I believe that’s only because you have notifications set to do it. They can be adjusted.
    People like you and I have the knowledge to go into a phone's settings and set them up as we please but the majority don't. These are default settings and can be rather irritating. The issue is that except for a tiny few apps their notification settings are not granular enough to personalize. I don't want every single notification from every app if there's redundancy such as email. Leave app notifications for sales alerts or coupons (Target 🎯 I'm looking squarely at you) and leave shipping notices or payment notices to email. Costco is great at this while eBay and PayPal are the worst offenders. Those 2 blow up your inbox, send texts and pop a notif. Walgreens is just as bad at telling me my meds are ready. All that's left is some Indian to send me smoke puffs.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    Yesterday 08:54 PM
    What about the notification that never goes away lol... Like the notorious "calls will be made over Wi-Fi". Ok I get it, let me know when it is possible to do that, but now that I know I don't need to be reminded of it every time I look in my notifications. I can't swipe it away or disable it. I mean I probably could dig around in the phone and maybe figure it out but like you said @fatclue_98, we shouldn't have to be doing brain surgery on our phones to disable something.

It seems to only be the system type notifications that do this on Android...
    Today 12:10 AM
    I just bought an x3 (as a secondary device).Gonna try using it as my DF this week but will still keep my Android handy. I've missed this thing.

Today 01:29 AM
    People like you and I have the knowledge to go into a phone's settings and set them up as we please but the majority don't. These are default settings and can be rather irritating. The issue is that except for a tiny few apps their notification settings are not granular enough to personalize. I don't want every single notification from every app if there's redundancy such as email. Leave app notifications for sales alerts or coupons (Target I'm looking squarely at you) and leave shipping notices or payment notices to email. Costco is great at this while eBay and PayPal are the worst offenders. Those 2 blow up your inbox, send texts and pop a notif. Walgreens is just as bad at telling me my meds are ready. All that's left is some Indian to send me smoke puffs.

I don’t know, it doesn’t bother me that much. You’re right, many people might have trouble finding where to adjust notifications. Maybe they need a simpler way.
    Today 06:35 AM
    What about the notification that never goes away lol... Like the notorious "calls will be made over Wi-Fi".
    I would guess it's for legal reasons. Like why we get all those permissions popups when trying to use an app for the first time. I wish there was a master setting with something like "I hereby allow all apps to use all requested permissions without any further ado."
    Today 08:45 AM
    I would guess it's for legal reasons. Like why we get all those permissions popups when trying to use an app for the first time. I wish there was a master setting with something like "I hereby allow all apps to use all requested permissions without any further ado."
    Good Lord that's just begging for trouble.
    Today 08:49 AM
486 ... 181920