Live

Black Friday deal team is live right now!

Check out the hottest Black Friday Deals!

Expand Minimize
08-01-2017 08:04 PM
30 12
tools
    Update: I fixed this on my HP Envy x360 by taking the following steps:

• Computer Management
    • Device Manager
    • Imaging Devices
    • Right-click on HP IR Camera (or whatever yours is called)
    • Scan for hardware changes (obviously you can automatically update the driver here if you haven't tried that already)
    • Then I heard a USB disconnecting sound and Imaging Devices disappeared completely so there was obviously an issue with the camera connection
    • Reinstalled the driver by searching my model number on HP's drivers site

It's now all sorted for me, hope that helps someone!
    This worked for me using an Inspiron 15 5000 Series. I had 3 Imaging Devices; ran scan on each, nothing happened. Driver update, first 2 ok but 3rd device (Camera Virtual Driver) updated. Restart and camera worked. Hope it holds.
    03-12-2017 11:11 PM
    Hello everyone!

Got the same issue on my Alienware 15 R3 after the Creators update on Windows 10, the IR Camera was not able to be turned on and thus Windows Hello stopped working.
    Tried everything everyone done so far without success, but what ended with a solution (so far, fingers crossed) is just to reinstall the Realtek IR Camera latest driver of Dell drivers download page.

Hope that, if you didn't try, this helps you!

By now, I've rebooted the notebook twice and keeps working fine, Tobii Eye Tracker IR keeps blinking as was doing before, so I'm very happy, hehe.

Well, looking forward in that you get this solved ASAP.

Cheers.
    04-13-2017 09:54 PM
    Hi!

For anyone who this could worth, i have a Mini Lap Lanix Lt Neuron, and i was having the same issue, it only takes one step, simply activate the camera, either by hiting FN + F10 , Fn + F11 or Fn + F12.

Problem solved!
    Last edited by panchoroms; 06-06-2017 at 05:20 PM.
    06-06-2017 01:45 PM
    Surface pro 4
    After update my windows hello was doing fine but can't use regular camera app, when I roll back the camera driver the camera app worked but windows hello won't here's what solved my problem:

windows hello camera won't turn on
    Go to device manager - system devices - Microsoft ir camera front - roll back driver - restart

Camera app works, windows hello works
    07-16-2017 06:29 AM
    I have an Asus Q524U laptop.

Yesterday I received the Anniversary Update, and ever since then the Facial Recognition fails at login. I get the "Couldn't Turn On Camera" error message, and them I'm redirected to use my PIN for login.

Searches across the interwebz don't seem to provide much help beyond the typical "Make sure your drivers are up to date" repsonses (however I haven't sifted through them all, because the search turns up a bazillion results).

I have confirmed drivers are up to date. Even reinstalled them just to be sure. I deleted my facial recognition and PIN login settings, rebooted, then re-added my PIN login. However the setup for facial recognition fails at Couldn't Turn On Camera. The camera works with all the other software/apps. Just not for Windows Hello.

Anybody else experience this and able to fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thx.
    08-01-2017 08:04 PM
30 12