03-01-2015 10:43 PM
68 123
tools
    Does this fix the tile, or is it still not showing artist images?
    06-01-2014 01:38 PM
    I thot mpatool doesn't work in wp8.1
    It doesn't
    06-01-2014 01:50 PM
    That's exactly my problem. I cant swipe in the app, I only have one menu which us my artists albums etc. I cant swipe left or right from there
    Are you on Windows phone 8.1?
    06-01-2014 01:51 PM

Nope, no live tiles.
    Pich Sovann likes this.
    06-01-2014 01:51 PM
    This is insane! Isnt the app itself supposed to search for the artist infos automatically? And there should be an option to turn that on/off. Who has the time to search for 100 artists out there manually only for a background!!!
    It does that but worked only for like 3 artists on my phone.
    06-02-2014 08:50 AM
    no worries. At least you tried :D
    Your account/phone region is set to a place where Xbox Music isn't available. Set it to US, will probably help.
    06-02-2014 08:51 AM
    That is another issue in the app and will be addressed in a future update. Nothing we can do about it.
    06-02-2014 08:52 AM
    ...I didn't have to do this with Zune.
    06-22-2014 02:09 AM
    You can get artist background in the music so in Windows phone 8.1. Search for an artist in the store, hold your finger on one of their songs, select add to then select collection. Check the artist in your local collection and you will realize that they have backgrounds now. Repeat that for every artist you have on your phone then almost every artist has a background in your phone!
    Thank you, this is a great work around as long as you can find the same artist or songs but what else can we do till this gets fixed.
    07-05-2014 10:34 AM
    Dint work for me
    07-27-2014 11:47 PM
    I think they took away this function. Holding down on a song only gets you 'buy' 'creation radio station' and 'pin to start'.
    09-18-2014 05:28 PM
    I think they took away this function. Holding down on a song only gets you 'buy' 'creation radio station' and 'pin to start'.
    Yeah, they did. However, there is a workaround. If you have a Windows 8.1 device, open up and login to the Xbox Music app. Add the same music on your PC that you have on your Phone. Then match your music with the Xbox Music catalogue. Then enable these two settings; they will add the music to your streaming collection and it will show up on your phone as well.screenshot-9-.png
    Desynthesis likes this.
    09-19-2014 09:04 AM
    Yeah, they did. However, there is a workaround. If you have a Windows 8.1 device, open up and login to the Xbox Music app. Add the same music on your PC that you have on your Phone. Then match your music with the Xbox Music catalogue. Then enable these two settings; they will add the music to your streaming collection and it will show up on your phone as well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (9).png 
Views:	37 
Size:	616.6 KB 
ID:	81509
    Ah, okay--that's a complicated task for me, since I sync my music from a PC with Windows 7 (by way of WMP--I'm not sure if that's a liability or a blessing). Do you mind if I ask a few questions before I attempt this?

Namely, I don't want to have useless "streamed music" duplicates in my music list just to add artist data to a few songs. Wouldn't doing this mean I'll have duplicates of all of my music? Or would the artist data only be available for the songs streamed?

(Yeah, these never gets less complicated.)
    jlzimmerman likes this.
    09-22-2014 11:05 AM
    I tried colinkiama's suggestion...but that doesn't gave me live tile and artist lock screen support. How to have that??
    09-23-2014 04:03 AM
    Yeah, they did. However, there is a workaround. If you have a Windows 8.1 device, open up and login to the Xbox Music app. Add the same music on your PC that you have on your Phone. Then match your music with the Xbox Music catalogue. Then enable these two settings; they will add the music to your streaming collection and it will show up on your phone as well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (9).png 
Views:	37 
Size:	616.6 KB 
ID:	81509

Your method worked for the only problem is background images of most artists in my local collection don't display... Only album art does
    09-23-2014 11:15 AM
    Ah, okay--that's a complicated task for me, since I sync my music from a PC with Windows 7 (by way of WMP--I'm not sure if that's a liability or a blessing). Do you mind if I ask a few questions before I attempt this?

Namely, I don't want to have useless "streamed music" duplicates in my music list just to add artist data to a few songs. Wouldn't doing this mean I'll have duplicates of all of my music? Or would the artist data only be available for the songs streamed?

(Yeah, these never gets less complicated.)
    No. You wont see duplicates unless there is a mismatch between your local collection and the Xbox catalogue. You don't even have to enable streaming music to see the backgrounds etc.
    09-24-2014 09:18 AM
    Your method worked for the only problem is background images of most artists in my local collection don't display... Only album art does
    It only displays backgrounds of mainstream artists. If the ones you have on your phone aren't well known, they wont have a background.
    09-24-2014 09:20 AM
    What if Xbox music isn't available in your country?
    09-24-2014 09:22 AM
    It only displays backgrounds of mainstream artists. If the ones you have on your phone aren't well known, they wont have a background.

Ok then I guess that's why most of the backgrounds aren't showing but it still ain't cool
    09-24-2014 09:22 AM
    What if Xbox music isn't available in your country?
    I'm in Pakistan and Xbox Music's not available here either. I have my Xbox and Microsoft account, as well as phone's regions all set to United States.
    Last edited by alinauman97; 09-24-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    noersetiawan likes this.
    09-24-2014 09:26 AM
    To resurrect this thread from the dead, it appears Microsoft removed this functionality, at least in the United States. They really don't want you using Xbox Music if you're not buying music.
    12-18-2014 06:19 PM
    To resurrect this thread from the dead, it appears Microsoft removed this functionality, at least in the United States. They really don't want you using Xbox Music if you're not buying music.
    Are you referring to artist backgrounds?
    12-19-2014 08:56 AM
    Are you referring to artist backgrounds?
    Yes (which I acknowledge is a cosmetic and minor function complaint). If there's a way to add unpurchased music from the Xbox Music library to your phone (or rather, a 30 second clip of it) from Windows 8.1, I don't know what it is. Also, trying to do so from Xbox Music on your phone itself simply doesn't do anything--nothing is added.

It's too bad, as this was my go-to method for adding info/artwork for artists on my phone (for example, I have a Danny Elfman song on my phone, and even though Xbox Music sells his music, it doesn't sell this song, and doesn't recognize his name), since MPATool was rendered obsolete.
    12-19-2014 09:07 AM
    You can get that artist's images on your phone. Just go to the Get music screen on your phone, and search for the artist. On the artist page, tap the play button on any of his albums. Once on the Now Playing screen, tap the three dots button on the bottom and then tap "Add to", followed by "Collection". This adds that specific album to your cloud collection. Going to the artist's page on your phone may show a background now. Could take a couple of tries to get it right, though.
    12-20-2014 06:23 AM
    Thank you for the suggestion, but that doesn't work for me anymore--I tried 5 times with different Danny Elfman albums to "link" a Danny Elfman song that was on my phone, and it made no difference. At least for me, that functionality's gone (I'm on a Lumia 830, for what it's worth). Nothing was added--nothing to even suggest that the function "Add to..." does anything (looks much more like a dead function that's on its way to being removed).

To be honest, even if it did work, it's only fixing half the problem. I have artists who have the correct artwork, but if you play a given song, they're missing artwork (as is the live tile). I'm fairly certain that Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to bind artist artwork to the individual song (so it varies between multiple songs to the same artist).

The only surefire way to fix this, I find, is to buy the song from Microsoft themselves--which I have resorted to. I'm not going to pay $100 for a year of Xbox Music because I know, a week after I did, a patch would hit Xbox Music that would break that as well. Not to mention it does nothing about artists not in the Xbox Music library.

What are you going to do?
    12-21-2014 03:10 PM
68 123