Why am I getting an error message when I try to use Xbox Music?

MicrosoftFan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Xbox Music won't work

i haven't had Xbox Music in a awhile and though i get it back with a mouth trail. so far it works fine on the web but when i use it on my WP it says "can't sign in, please try again later." does anyone know the reason for this?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Xbox Music won't work

I assume you are using the same ID?

You mention the web and your phone, do you own a PC and what OS is it using, the more info you give the more help others can give you.

Bob

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

i haven't had Xbox Music in a awhile and though i get it back with a mouth trail. so far it works fine on the web but when i use it on my WP it says "can't sign in, please try again later." does anyone know the reason for this?

Are you able to sign in to your account from another device?

MicrosoftFan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

@bobvdr yes I own a PC however I was using my Mac Air which does not have the app. And yes I'm using the same Account. @Aresjr21. Yes

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Just to help me get it clear, you can play your music on the mac using the web login, but not the phone, what about the PC (And what OS is it 7/8/8.1 or other) ?

Not an expert but if it helps me understand it will probably help them as well when they come along.

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

So does Xbox music work on that PC (Sorry but it makes a difference if we know that).

And I assume you have shut your phone down and restarted, always a good policy to do this as a matter of course when something isn't working.

Bob

MicrosoftFan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

I haven't been home for a week and wont for another. Sorry if there's nothing else you can do that is fine I appreciate your attempt and effort thanks for your patience .

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
If the phone is working fine, you can log into stuff like OneDrive and other parts of your MS account then you should be able to get into XBM, especially as you have proved the account is working by logging in on the mac, what device did you set the trail up on was this done before you left on your trip, or did you go for it on the web?

Still worth doing a full shut down if you haven't.

Bob

Trainwreck_0532

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

I had to go to Zune software to find out my music has been downloaded to maximum amount of devices. So because I've had 2 new phones in 2 years, even though I've purchased this music. Some of it through Xbox, it still relies on Zune software. Trust me, I've had nothing but problems with Xbox music. I'm to the point of just wiping my library and starting over with a music service that actually works. Even though it's going to cost me a couple hundred bucks to switch over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon