Camera still an issue

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Even after firmware and updates....the camera occassionally crashed after taking a pic and photos sometimes don't show up in my photo app until the next day. Very weird and frustrating when im trying to send a picture for work.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Are there any specific things that cause the camera crash?
All of the known camera crashes (at the time) were fixed with the September firmware update (released a few weeks ago). There are more updates coming though, so hopefully the cause of your crashes is fixed soon.

The Photo app can take a few seconds when it is launched to load and sync new photos. In the Photos app, tap the Refresh button in the bottom bar and wait for it to stop spinning. That should get new photos loaded into the app.

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The refresh button does no good.......still no recent pictures until they sync from one drive the next day. Now if I'm still in the camera app ican hit the preview window and see recent pics.....but once I close it i have to wait until next day to see them. Definitely NOT a business phone.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
yes the camera need a lot of work on the X3, my 650 takes better pictures and is faster.

I can't really agree with that, but they will continue to tweak the software for the camera. It's their first time, so I think they could use some slack here. The hardware is actually quite good, but I think MS/nokia cheated a bit as they don't really use their own OEM APIs for the camera, which are limited.

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Daniel is right......build quality and materials are phenomenal. I worry that being marketed as a business tool, prolonged glitches like this ......lets just say I don't see too many businesses being patient. Other thing is just thought about....is this their first phone since HP Pre3? Is kind of shocking build quality is so outstanding for a company not real familiar with making phones in recent times.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Is kind of shocking build quality is so outstanding for a company not real familiar with making phones in recent times.

Right people in the right positions who hire the right people to build it ;) Lots of ex-Microsoft, Nokia, and BB worked on this phone. I agree, it's impressive for a v1. Some smart people behind this endeavor.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
How do you know that detail about the Ex-MS, Nokians, and BB'ers Dan? Because if thats true, that is a collective pool of some of the most outstanding industrial designers of the last decade and a half under one roof. In a certain/specific design language/formfactos, that is. Because I can really see that heritage pouring in here into this device from all these inspirations, if what you say is true friend. :) ^_^

-- W

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
How do you know that detail about the Ex-MS, Nokians, and BB'ers Dan? Because if thats true, that is a collective pool of some of the most outstanding industrial designers of the last decade and a half under one roof. In a certain/specific design language/formfactos, that is. Because I can really see that heritage pouring in here into this device from all these inspirations, if what you say is true friend. :) ^_^

-- W

I know it from speaking with their VP of Mobility who was in charge of the x3 project. In fact, he's even ex-Microsoft. It makes sense, though. It's not like HP hired Steve from their printer division to go built a phone. They had a project, hired the best they could get. Luckily, Microsoft had been laying off some great talent that HP could pick up.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I guess, talk about being in the right place at the right time. Which exactly/precisely what HP found itself in. :) And what is really telling here, for us, is that HP has a VP Mobility. Which, for us and the ecosystem, should mean a degree or level of investment from them into the platform. :) ^_^

--W

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I identified the issue where photos don't show up immediately in the photos app.....appears to be a memory card issue. I formatted the card and all seems to be working like it should. SanDisk 200GB card. We will see where we are after some more time.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I think I identified the issue where photos don't show up immediately in the photos app.....appears to be a memory card issue. I formatted the card and all seems to be working like it should. SanDisk 200GB card. We will see where we are after some more time.

Likely. It's very important to have the right/fast SD card especially for 4K videos. Personally, I keep photos and apps in main storage. With 64GB it's not too bad. I keep music, docs, etc. on SD.

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Likely. It's very important to have the right/fast SD card especially for 4K videos. Personally, I keep photos and apps in main storage. With 64GB it's not too bad. I keep music, docs, etc. on SD.

I do the Same and it worked good most Times.

What i can say i had ~ 3 Reboots when Taking Reviewing Pictures of my x3 last Weekend (OS .321 with Firmware Update) so i am with the Thread Startet jtshorns that the Camera Issues are not 100% Sorted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes