A New Verizon version of the HP Elite X3 is coming in Mid-October

Smith_Pre1

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for the information you have been posting. I'm happy to see that so many people are in the same position as me, Looking for a good replacement for my Lumia 735 wile Microsoft gets it together and finally develops the "surface phone" or something of the sort. By following a link I found on the Verizon website, I found contact info for a man named Kevin McCutchan from the HP sales development department who is in charge of the Elite X3. I called him Monday (Oct 9) and he informed me that the Elite X3 for Verizon is currently IN PRODUCTION. It will not be dual band, CDMA only, and HP is committed to service them for at least 2 more years if not longer. Also, in response to where they will be found for purchase, he informed me that Microsoft had purchased the entire run and they will only be available from their site. He said at the rate they are going, he assumed Microsoft would have them listed sometime as early as next week, which falls in line with the "mid-October" assumption. Aside from some other questions he answered about the workings of the device, that is all I know about the release. Needless to say, I'm checking Microsofts site every day and poised to pounce when available. Hope this Info helps.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
My provantage order got cancelled with this statement below (but don't worry anyone as I contacted Kevin McCutchan shortly after this):
"Thursday, October 12, 2017

Hello from PROVANTAGE.COM,

We're sorry, but our distribution partner has informed us that the item you ordered has been discontinued by the manufacturer and they are unable to process your order.

We recommend that you contact the manufacturer for information regarding a replacement part number and place a new order."

I am not sure what their distribution partner has on file for info on this SKU, but I am going to wait for the Microsoft store at this point.

So after contacting Kevin McCutchan he asked where I ordered from and added that Microsoft sourced most of their production of the VZW model to sell online and in their stores. He also added that it should be available any day now suggesting to wait for theirs to be made available.

Edit: Provantage came back and confirmed my reply to them about being a new product. They advised me to submit a new order and it would be 2-3 weeks...

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The distributor from which I was posting photos above has now completely delisted 1PK93AA#ABA.

X3 2017-10-12.jpg

It was still there last night. However 1PK92AA#ABA is still listed, but no ETA.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@etphoto
Wondering myself now what to do on this one. If I go and reorder the one from provantage, I know that I can return it if it goes for cheaper some place else. However I would need to wait for the refund and what not and sounds like limited supplies will be in order this time around.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The distributor from which I was posting photos above has now completely delisted 1PK93AA#ABA.

View attachment 137701

It was still there last night. However 1PK92AA#ABA is still listed, but no ETA.

Oddly the one I ordered that was cancelled was 1PK92AA#ABA. Both SKUs are still available for pre-order and they stated the distributor gave the incorrect info back. Not sure what to make of this yet.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Oddly the one I ordered that was cancelled was 1PK92AA#ABA. Both SKUs are still available for pre-order and they stated the distributor gave the incorrect info back

This distributor still has 1PK92AA#ABA listed, but with no ETA date. Another distributor we use still has both models listed, again with no ETA.

So far the only change I've seen anywhere is this distributor with 1PK93AA#ABA. But this was also the only listing of four (two models at two distributors) that had an ETA. It's strange how it went from an ETA at two different warehouses (albeit Qty. 1 at each!) to removal in 2 days' time.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It will not be dual band

Verizon uses GSM as well for LTE. That's why a Verizon phone will work on AT&T and T-Mobile, because they have GSM. Verizon branded phones are also SIM unlocked.

Microsoft had purchased the entire run

This makes sense. I doubt HP has much of anything at risk here. I doubt they had much at risk for the original X3 either. Would they really have produced a W10M device expecting to profit on their own, and all this while Microsoft was showing indifference towards the OS?

he informed me that Microsoft had purchased the entire run and they will only be available from their site.

That's strange, if the Elite X3 is to be a business phone. Microsoft relies heavily on their distributors and partners to sell their products.

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I got the x3 on ATT, but cause it isn't a "ATT branded" phone, they won't allow it to receive any of the ATT LTE enhanced services (speed, HD Voice) like the Lumia 950. Sucks. Just gets regular LTE service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99