Best tool to transfer music to Stream7

simoncbradley

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've got a whole load of music neatly formatted in iTunes on an iMac from a previous life, which I now want to use on my Stream7. Any thoughts on a tool to run on my iMac (or I could get them onto a Windows device) that could help me choose certain albums only to copy across to my 64gb SD card, or do I have to go down to folder level to copy album by album ? Thanks in advance. Si

simoncbradley

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you sir, and that is what I use already with my Lumia 930, but are you sure it will recognise the Stream7 as a phone as well ? I'm pretty sure that when I connected it via a USB cable last week it didn't recognsise the device in the same way as it does the phone ?
Will try it later when I get home, and report back. Thanks.....

simoncbradley

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
No, my iMac doesn't recognise my device when connected in the same way it recognises my Lumia 930. Doesn't even seem to make an attempt to recognise it. Any thoughts ?

simoncbradley

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that would be my ideal. I've managed a workaround by dragging the folders I want to a 64gb SD card, but (my guess) is that Windows has a different way of reading Metadata that iTunes does, because while maybe 1/3 of the albums are fine, many of them come across as Unknown Album, making it impossible to view them in any sensible fashion.
I have to be honest, however, to say I haven't invested any real time in investigating this further yet, because I now have about 60 albums on there which is enough for now (I only want something on there as a backup to Spotify when I'm not online).
Any more advice / thoughts still gratefully received tho' :)

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You can load them up on OneDrive and play them through the Xbox music app. Or you can then download them to the device for when you are offline. I loaded my collection up last night so it would be ready for when my Stream 7 arrived, which was today while I was at work. Heading home now and that's the first thing I'll be checking.

simoncbradley

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I looked at that option as well, but trying to upload 110 gb music to my OneDrive was taking ages, and causing everyone else in my house to scream at me for bring their own devices to a crawl. If anyone has any good ideas about how to get such an amount of data into the cloud as quickly as possible, I'd welcome their feedback !

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
If you want to go album by album, your best bet is going folder by folder unless you take the time to sync up to OneDrive. The advantage of OneDrive, which may be best done in batches, is that once it's up in the cloud you can pull it down to any device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes