I want to install apps from my sd card on this windows phone.. instructions say that you should go to store menu then tap on sd card and you have to wait a few moments for this option to appear, but there is none! if this option doesnt exist on this phone what should i do? is there any update or any app to solve this problem? help me plzzzzz :(
    06-27-2013 08:32 AM
    To be exact, you can install app FROM the SD card TO your phone's memory. To install this, you might need to restart your phone, leave it alone for few minutes and check on Store.
    There will be a SD Card option on Store. And from that, you can install apps to the phone memory.

And no, you can't INSTALL app TO SD Card.
    Behnam McDelijani likes this.
    06-27-2013 08:50 AM
    I found the following instructions with screen shots. Hopefully it will help you. There's also this link from Microsoft. How do I install apps from an SD card? | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Windows Phone: How To Transfer Your Apps & Games To SD Card

Let me get your basics clear about this first. Rather than browsing the app from windows app store inside your phone, we are trying to get the direct installation file from app store. We are then going to copy and paste that file (.XAP) in to your phone’s SD card.
    After installing the microSD card back in to phone, we will install it on SD card itself, including the app’s cache. And we can save huge chunk of storage on your Windows Phone. Follow the following tutorial to save your internal storage on Windows Phone device like HTC 8S.
    Step 1:
    Start your browser, Go to this Web address www.windowsphone.com, Press Enter!
    Step 2:
    Click on Apps+Games section on this webpage, so you can connect with the online Windows Phone Apps & Game Store. After moving on, you can search for your favorite game or app, that you wish to install on external storage.

Step 3:
    Now, on your specific app page, like in this case is Drag Race, don’t click on the Install Button yet. As we are not going to install it via store. Just scroll down the same webpage until you see – Download and Install Manually on left sidebar. (Refer following screenshot)

Click that link and get the .XAP file downloaded on your PC.

Step 4:
    Insert your microSD card in to your PC/Laptop, Copy that .XAP file and put your memory card back in to your Windows Phone.
    Step 5:
    Now go to App store in your HTC S, and click on SD Card option as you can see in following image. (If you can not see SD card option yet, better wait for 2-3 minutes.It will only appear once your card is successfully recognized by your smartphone and you have .XAP file copied on it correctly.)

Step 6:
    Here you will the apps you have transferred via SD card. Select the app and click on Install.
    06-27-2013 08:56 AM
    To be exact, you can install app FROM the SD card TO your phone's memory. To install this, you might need to restart your phone, leave it alone for few minutes and check on Store.
    There will be a SD Card option on Store. And from that, you can install apps to the phone memory.

And no, you can't INSTALL app TO SD Card.
    thnQ it worked ;)
    06-27-2013 11:10 AM
    I want to install apps from my sd card on this windows phone.. instructions say that you should go to store menu then tap on sd card and you have to wait a few moments for this option to appear, but there is none! if this option doesnt exist on this phone what should i do? is there any update or any app to solve this problem? help me plzzzzz :(
    I have the same problem, restarted my phone, but not solved! Hep me plz
    12-31-2013 01:19 AM
    I have the same problem, restarted my phone, but not solved! Hep me plz
    you'll have to wait a few minutes after reboot to see the option.
    01-31-2014 06:42 AM
    my phone showing sd but no game in side it

wp_ss_20140202_0001-1-.png
    wp_ss_20140202_0002-1-.png
    02-02-2014 02:42 AM
    IT WORKED!! :D Thanks a lot!!!!!! <3
    But I think that the .xap files downloaded from store are on my phone's memory even if I've uninstalled the apps!!! How can i delete 'em?? Please Help!!!
    02-11-2014 02:37 PM
    IT WORKED!! :D Thanks a lot!!!!!! <3
    But I think that the .xap files downloaded from store are on my phone's memory even if I've uninstalled the apps!!! How can i delete 'em?? Please Help!!!
    No way.
    02-11-2014 07:22 PM
    05-18-2014 05:01 AM
    You can install apps to SD but you don't go to the store, you go to storage sense then scroll to store new aps to my, Then select sd card. Done. Then use storage sense to move all your apps from your phone to SD.
    05-18-2014 05:20 AM
    Having real storage issues with my 8s.had to delete all my apps, only have 45mb of memory and it wont let me install any apps which is less than this, it keeps telling me i have reached my limit.i have seen a few people talkin about storage sense on ther app list but i don't have this.....PLEASE HELP!!!
    06-18-2014 02:52 PM
    Do you have WP 8.1 installed on your phone?
    Storage sense is only on WP 8.1.
    06-19-2014 08:46 AM