11-27-2012 04:50 PM
640 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    On a separate note - if I've preordered, they've charged my card (but no updates on whether it shipped yet), can I cancel the order? Or do I have to do the whole refuse shipment thing? Does that effect my upgrade eligibility?
    From previous messages it's my understanding that once the card is charged then you'll have to refuse delivery because you can't cancel. Also, someone had said they were told that it if you used your upgrade for the purchase it could take up to a week for that upgrade eligibility to be "restored" if you cancel your order. Which, if true, means I probably won't be canceling my pre-order even if my local store has some in stock (which at this point I doubt based on what I've read, although I am going to call).
    11-15-2012 09:52 AM
    Will do. if you hear of any please relay that info as well.

On a separate note - if I've preordered, they've charged my card (but no updates on whether it shipped yet), can I cancel the order? Or do I have to do the whole refuse shipment thing? Does that effect my upgrade eligibility?
    If your card has been charged shipment usually occurs within 24 hours

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    11-15-2012 09:53 AM
    Just called my local store and he said they DO have the HTC 8X in stock today. Trying to call my business rep and see if she can arrange for me to just go get one at the store.
    11-15-2012 10:09 AM
    So I call my VZ store last night before they close. I ask specifically if they have the HTC 8X windows phone 8 in stock. Rep says I have both in stock, I say anyway I can pick them up that night. He goes "I wish I could but I can't sell them till tomorrow". Im there at 8:30, walk in when the store opens, guess what, "sorry sir we don't have that phone in stock"..... Are you kidding me!!! I wanted to trash the store and throw a fit but I was late to work as it was. :@
    11-15-2012 10:19 AM
    So I call my VZ store last night before they close. I ask specifically if they have the HTC 8X windows phone 8 in stock. Rep says I have both in stock, I say anyway I can pick them up that night. He goes "I wish I could but I can't sell them till tomorrow". Im there at 8:30, walk in when the store opens, guess what, "sorry sir we don't have that phone in stock"..... Are you kidding me!!! I wanted to trash the store and throw a fit but I was late to work as it was. :@
    Haha WOW really? My father SUPPOSIDLY got mine at 9:30 -- haven't heard back from him if he did or not! I also called last night, and they said they're "in"! So well see?
    11-15-2012 10:24 AM
    That is just wrong. I'm sorry you had to endure that bull****.

In other news, VZW.com is also quite glitchy. They provided us with a pre-order confirmation #, an order #, and (in my case) an order location #. I used to be able to check my order status using the pre-order confirmation # in the pre-order confirmation page of their website. That stopped working last night. NOW, I have to use the order status page of their site but instead of inserting the order # (which doesn't work), I have to insert the pre-order confirmation #. Wow, VZW... Great job.

The status of my order as of 7:25PST, 15/11/2012 ("Launch Day"), is...

"Status: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow."

WOOOHOOOO!!! ... not. The Courier and Ship Date fields are both left blank. Let's see how long it takes for them to update.

Alas, I must tolerate a few more days with the iPhone 4S. Blast! :mad:
    11-15-2012 10:29 AM
    Haha WOW really? My father SUPPOSIDLY got mine at 9:30 -- haven't heard back from him if he did or not! I also called last night, and they said they're "in"! So well see?
    I wouldn't otherwise correct someone's spelling mistake, but you mentioned you're a teacher, so heregoes. "SupposEdly." No harm done, just a quick reminder. Anyways, you should text your dad and let us know what he says!!!
    11-15-2012 10:32 AM
    I stopped in a Colonie, NY Verizon store when it opened at 9:00am. They didn't have any 8X phones in stock and they had no idea when they would be getting them.
    11-15-2012 10:39 AM
    I wouldn't otherwise correct someone's spelling mistake, but you mentioned you're a teacher, so heregoes. "SupposEdly." No harm done, just a quick reminder. Anyways, you should text your dad and let us know what he says!!!
    Ha! I wouldn't normally correct spelling or grammar mistakes either, but since you corrected someone, I'll correct you. I think you meant "here goes", not "heregoes". Also, anyways is incorrect, it should be anyway. ;)

And now it's time for someone else to point out my mistake(s). :)
    11-15-2012 10:43 AM
    Are there people who preordered who HAVEN'T been charged yet?
    11-15-2012 10:52 AM
    Ha! I wouldn't normally correct spelling or grammar mistakes either, but since you corrected someone, I'll correct you. I think you meant "here goes", not "heregoes". Also, anyways is incorrect, it should be anyway. ;)

ALRIGHT GUYS, RELAX HERE. I teach Health, Phys. Ed., and First Aid/CPR, and I'm actually VERY good with grammar and syntax NORMALLY! Human as they come I suppose haha.

I'm awaiting my father's call like a ravenous beast. Frothing at the mouth. However, reading this thread and the other thread with the poll about who is going to go IN-STORE and pick one up...not feeling TOO hot.

Again, Verizon, how do you tell me you HAVE THEM IN STOCK, but from what I've seen, NOT have them in stock? Is it just clearly a lie last night if they're out?

Absurd. I wish I could switch to AT&T sometimes! Can't lose my unlimited data though!
    11-15-2012 10:52 AM

Haha, thank you.
    11-15-2012 10:59 AM
    1 min till open, good news windows phone shirts and 8x poster!
    I haven't been charged. Ordered blue 8x right when the preorders went live.
    I pre-ordered on 11/9 at about 4:00 p.m. MST and I have not been charged. Ordered a blue 8X. Still showing "in process" and an expected ship date of 11/13. You know - two days ago! Argh!
    11-15-2012 11:05 AM
    Tried calling another store... no dice. The guy said he had no idea when they'd be getting them in stock and suggested I try this afternoon to see if they come with today's shipment.
    11-15-2012 11:07 AM
    1 min till open, good news windows phone shirts and 8x poster!
    LET US KNOW! It seems there's an issue with 8x being in stock, but NOT the 822!
    Nope! I walked in she said they had them, only the 822 on display, she went back said they didn't have them, maybe on today's shipment, maybe tomorrow she couldn't tell me
    11-15-2012 11:10 AM
    So.......what the ****'s going on here? Is this Verizon's fault or HTC's? I've never heard of a phone being UNAVAILABLE ON LAUNCH DAY.
    11-15-2012 11:16 AM
    Here is the status of your Pre-order:
    We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet.
    Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time.

That's what I find when I look up the order status online. I spoke with a rep on the phone last night who confirmed my payment was taken. I know that because after speaking with a local store who told me they have plenty in stock and I could come in anytime and they'd have enough, I got angry and called verizon. If they could ship to the stores, why couldn't they ship to the people that ordered the phones?

The rep said she didn't know, but I couldn't cancel my order because I was charged already and had to wait until this morning when a tracking number was assigned so. That angered me even more, but what can I do? I give up with this company. She admitted there was no guarantee I would get it this weekend. Might be next week, no telling.

Said I'll get it when fedex delivers it. hahahaha. What a horrible company. Really is. If it is too big that have of it doesn't know what's going on, it's too big and poorly managed!!! This company has past the MC=ATC point!
    11-15-2012 11:16 AM
    :-)
    And what are you so happy about? :) Did you find an 8X somewhere?
    11-15-2012 11:17 AM
    So.......what the ****'s going on here? Is this Verizon's fault or HTC's? I've never heard of a phone being UNAVAILABLE ON LAUNCH DAY.
    HTC for not supplying us with the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    11-15-2012 11:26 AM
    I ordered a black model on Monday. Trying to switch from Tmobile for work reasons, no delay email or anything.

CC has also been charged
    11-15-2012 11:27 AM
    Yeah but what's odd is verizon coming out after a week of ??? And saying Ok, this is it now, nov 15 is the day. You would think they had foreknowledge of the whereabouts of their supply before they made that announcement.
    11-15-2012 11:28 AM
640 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD