"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I just cancelled my pre order. Apparently there is going to be an employee only version of the phone released in december for only 99 lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got to work. The phones launch nationally in all channels tomorrow. So if you do cancel your order, you'll be able to pick one up in store

Alright. I have to ask then. Why the **** should I have even pre-ordered? I mean really. Just checked my confirmation from the 9th and it still says EXPECTED SHIP 11-13

I called store locally and she said they had some new WP8 but not the HTCs. Only Nokia. She told me to call tomorrow morning before coming in because its possible those could be shipped to them tmomorrow morning.

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but this was posted a while back. It's an update to an older post. Just the bold section at the top is the update. And it includes tomorrow's date ;)

I stand corrected still doesn't explain why pre orders aren't getting them on launch day and have to wait till Friday or next week to get theirs.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I stand corrected still doesn't explain why pre orders aren't getting them on launch day and have to wait till Friday or next week to get theirs.

Verizon wasn't ready for this, plainly put. They thought it would have moderate success but nothing on the level they are seeing.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll post this again just in case it was overlooked.

Even if your order has already shipped, you can buy the phone at the store and then send the one you preordered back when it arrives. You will be refunded when they receive it.

So you don't have to risk canceling your order and finding out the store already sold out.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Alright. I have to ask then. Why the **** should I have even pre-ordered? I mean really. Just checked my confirmation from the 9th and it still says EXPECTED SHIP 11-13

I called store locally and she said they had some new WP8 but not the HTCs. Only Nokia. She told me to call tomorrow morning before coming in because its possible those could be shipped to them tmomorrow morning.

No clue...

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Verizon wasn't ready for this, plainly put. They thought it would have moderate success but nothing on the level they are seeing.

Believe it or not there is gonna be a huge push for WP8. Lots of merchandising and advertising for it

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not there is gonna be a huge push for WP8. Lots of merchandising and advertising for it

Oh I don't doubt it. I've been pushing my clients towards it since the first announcement of WP8 and Windows 8. I've starting migrating. I love watching the e-basing of both, and how obvious it is that the 'reviewers' have never actually used it; just regurgitating from the rumor mills

Chris Lawrence

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I got off the phone just now with the best person I've talked to during this whole debacle. It sounds like at the earliest, they'll ship tomorrow, but that they experienced a delay with the supplier (I read that as HTC) and they don't really know when they'll ship. He said that he talked to his supervisor, and the supervisor said an e-mail will go out to those who placed the orders explaining the situation. He apologized profusely, and I made sure to mention that the internet would have preferred information along the way instead of letting us hang here waiting. My local VZW store doesn't have the 8x coming in tomorrow either, so I'm sort of stuck waiting for the online order to come through.

to81mn514

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I find it odd that some stores seem like they are 100% positive that they are going to have them tomorrow and other stores say they are not going to have them. Is it normal that all of the stores wouldn't have them on release day?

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I find it odd that some stores seem like they are 100% positive that they are going to have them tomorrow and other stores say they are not going to have them. Is it normal that all of the stores wouldn't have them on release day?

Yes, depending on the quantity available and the volume of sales the store does

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

I agree, it's odd. I stopped in a corporate store in Scottsdale, AZ and this is what I was told: tomorrow is the launch day (which jibes with what kpxstar9 has said [and seems very credible]), but they don't have any 8Xs listed on their "transit report". They've got the Lumias (didn't clarify if that was in stock or on the transit report), but no 8X.

I'm keeping my pre-order but I'll probably swing by in the morning. If they have it in, I'll get it. Otherwise I'll keep my pre-order.

But I would have to say Verizon has sort of bungled this. This is my first pre-order so I have no idea if it's normal.

GeoffEff

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I know people have said it may be afternoon before they get them, I wonder if it'll be first thing in the morning or afternoon. More specifically the Salem, NH store.

kthoag

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
VZW never called me back, so I tried a live chat. Attached is a screenshot. sucks if it ships on Friday though, I won't get it til monday then . . .

Robert Nowak

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
email from verizon-

Important information about your HTC Accord order.
Congratulations and thank you for your HTC Accord order. We know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new device.
We regret to inform you that your HTC Accord was not shipped as scheduled on November 13, 2012. You will receive a shipping confirmation email that will include your final shipping date.
We are working hard to get your HTC Accord to you and apologize for any inconvenience. As a token of appreciation for your understanding please enjoy 30% off the case of your choice. Offer is valid through December 14, 2012.
Shop for your case at vzw.com, or in our stores, and use your offer today.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless as your mobile communications provider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes