Hello,

I am having some trouble with the power button, it only works immediatly 50% of the times. There are times that I have to push it 10 times in a row without any response.
    Here's the strange thing. Whenever I blow onto the button. (trying to clean it from dust or other things) it immediatly works...

I was wondering if there is a solution for this or if there are any other people experiencing this issue. I was also wondering if there is a way to bypass using the button all together.
    06-19-2013 04:53 AM
    Pressing the camera button should wake the phone up if are having trouble with the power button.
    06-19-2013 03:29 PM
    Thanks for the reply! I was hoping someone had a similar experience and could provide an easy fix. I'm guessing there is something wrong with the button making contact. It's a shame really that I would have to initiate a repair for such a small problem. it's a hassle I can't glanze at the lockscreen for quick info by pressing the camerabutton.
    06-20-2013 04:53 AM
    Blow it out with a compressor or canned air. Probably dust in the contact. Or dust and moisture, which makes mud, and we know how responsive that is.
    06-23-2013 11:29 AM
    I'm on my 3rd 8x now
    the 1st one had the same power button issue where I had to press it maybe 10+ times to respond. Had to unlock the device using the camera button and continuously press the button until it locked again.
    Sent it in for repair and got a replacement (this 1 turned out to have faulty microphone/speaker)
    06-24-2013 07:36 AM