WP 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8X?

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
8.1.1 installed on mine. Working great! Love being able to see most websites now. Don't care a whole lot about the folders on the start screen.

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
So far so good on the HTC 8X 8.1.1 Cortana is working with Microsoft Sync in my car and the live folders are pretty cool. The fact that the folders are live is a key feature beyond the grouping of live tiles in a folder.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
You have the uk version cortana? Where do you live? Cause if i wanna use cortana i have to set my region to uk even tho i live in the caribbean plus my account is from the us screwing up my store. Getting everything in pound, so if i wanna buy a app i have to switch to us region to buy it :/

mrdeeds_72

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
You have the uk version cortana? Where do you live? Cause if i wanna use cortana i have to set my region to uk even tho i live in the caribbean plus my account is from the us screwing up my store. Getting everything in pound, so if i wanna buy a app i have to switch to us region to buy it :/

Canada. I have the alpha version.

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
So, HTC has done it after all. Rather later than never. 8.1.1. and Cortana if I put UK for speech and Country. The regional format can be something else.

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm really pleased that HTC did the right thing and fixed the firmware for the 8X so that that 8.1 Update 1 could be used. The 8X is such an awesome phone and update 1 just makes it that much better. With Microsoft working overtime to get the updates out (including update 2 that should be here soon) it is great that the 8X is ready. Way to go HTC and Microsoft!

Fred Andrews

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I received 3 updates yesterday on the DP for the HTC 8X. My firmware is still 3030.0.41301.605 not 3030.0.42201.605. Is this the normal version. I have a Verizon HTC 8X with a Straight Talk sim card.I LOVE the updates.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
So, HTC has done it after all. Rather later than never. 8.1.1. and Cortana if I put UK for speech and Country. The regional format can be something else.

Yes i have put everything to UK expect Regional Formats to US, yet my store displays all prices in Pound instead of US Dollars (i have a US Account), so that's a bit annoying.

anon8942354

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the OS version is the key. With yesterday's DP updates, we should all be on WP 8.1 version 8.10.14176.243. The firmware version might be different base on the carrier.

Domestoboto92x

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I just enrolled into the preview for devs programme because of the new 8.1.1 and supposed bug fixes. I got a few updates before 8.1 (is it really supposed to take that long?) It may take a while because the downloads I have were way too fast so they mustn't be the 8.1 proper updates...

I want to know, any comments on battery life? I mean, on 8.0 I got fairly sweet standby times and decent screen on time, I'd last 10 hours with podcasts and some camera usage. But I've heard on 8.1 battery tanked.

And the beats audio thing. Without it, the sound output is too low for my liking. Even on near max volume over Philips SHE8000

Any help here would be appreciated greatly. 👍

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

ETX808

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Battery life seems pretty much the same on mine measured with one of the Battery apps, usually lasts 2-3 days per charge (but then, I'm not a heavy user). Beats also still works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon