WP 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8X?

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Any of you that have done the update and previously had internet sharing work with Tmobile? I updated and about 2 weeks later the feature doesn't work anymore, just gives me the upsell notice.

sageofsheffield

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have been watching this thread for months, looking for news about the official HTC update to Windows 8.1 for my HTC 8X.

I don't think it is coming.

In a fit of pique, and against my better judgement, I decided to try the Developer Preview version.

How pleased I am I did!

For anyone who may be hesitant: Don't be. It is painless and easy.

Apparently, I can't post links. But it is easy to find a how-to with a search in Bing.

After signing into the Developer Program with my Microsoft account on the desktop and then switching to my phone to install the Preview for Developers app, the phone soon informed me that there were:

1. 3 updates--about 20 minutes
2. 1 more update--about 10 minutes
3. WindowsPhone 8.1 Update--about 25 minutes
4. 1 last update--about 10 minutes

And I now have a brand new phone:

1. Drop down menu for notifications and quick settings--battery %, at a glance; orientation lock, a slide away.
2. Folders--a revelation in Microsoft's implementation
3. Cortana, UK version--which looks as if it may actually be useful.

Together, and with other improvements, they have removed all the previous limitations of 8.0. 8.1 is much more than a .1 update.

I was considering going back to Android or iOS. But not now. Now I think I have the best mobile operating system on the market.

Do not hesitate. Take the plunge.

AndyD14

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok. So I am getting real tired of waiting for the official Win Phone 8.1 Update. How easy is it to go back to Win Phone 8 if I need to for some reason. I am just real hesitant because if I mess up this phone I don't get another one till my contract is up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok. So I am getting real tired of waiting for the official Win Phone 8.1 Update. How easy is it to go back to Win Phone 8 if I need to for some reason. I am just real hesitant because if I mess up this phone I don't get another one till my contract is up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
You won't need to. I know that's not helpful but what is your concern??? Thousands have and love it.

AndyD14

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
The one thing holding me back is what happens when the 8.1 and 8.1.1 update actually hit the 8x without developer preview while my 8x is on dp?

AndyD14

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok apparently I don't really understand developer preview. What's the difference? Is it different for the 8x than with Lumia phones. After reading posts about the issues Lumia phones had with the preview and then the official release I didn't think it was really worth the hassle.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter you have 8.1 and when Verizon send out the update it will just add their own stuff to what you already got.
I personnel don't feel that Verizon will have much to add other than making sure it work with their network, or some tweaking. I like my 8x with 8.1 it works great. I was thinking of upgrading , but I can't find anything I don't already have. maybe a bigger screen ? that's hard to justify the cost.
If you have a 8x download the DP and stop wearing about Verizon update. it will come

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to 8.1 preview
my HTC clock has frozen
it tells me I need calendar update but will not update
also
I read somewhere everyone on 8.1 gers here drive +
when I try to install it says $42

Raffyv

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Email reply I received from HTC.com tech support.

We understand that you wanted to inquire the release date of Windows 8.1 update on your HTC Windows Phone 8X. We are more than happy to assist you with your concern.

As of the moment, we are unable to provide an exact information if and when Windows 8.1 software update will be available for HTC Windows 8X. Releasing an update usually takes time. All updates undergo through extensive testing before rolling it out to ensure that everything is working properly. Rest assured that once updates are available, it will be delivered to your phone through an over-the-air (OTA) process and you should receive a notification indicating the update is available for download. What we can suggest is to check your phone from time to time for further updates.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Email reply I received from HTC.com tech support.

We understand that you wanted to inquire the release date of Windows 8.1 update on your HTC Windows Phone 8X. We are more than happy to assist you with your concern.

As of the moment, we are unable to provide an exact information if and when Windows 8.1 software update will be available for HTC Windows 8X. Releasing an update usually takes time. All updates undergo through extensive testing before rolling it out to ensure that everything is working properly. Rest assured that once updates are available, it will be delivered to your phone through an over-the-air (OTA) process and you should receive a notification indicating the update is available for download. What we can suggest is to check your phone from time to time for further updates.

You need to see my post here...pick Verizon and the 8X and you see that the update is in Stage 3 - Test/Certification...meaning its at Verizon's lab undergoing network validation & testing. (Next step is to release it...)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ht...et-8-1-update-week-next-week.html#post2879729

oscarcanada

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have long since given up. had high hopes for this phone. Now my 3rd choice handset but come on really…….this is unacceptable delay

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes