Speaker/Mic turning off requiring reset?

CurtisL#WP

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this: Occasionally after missing a call and then returning it - the couple of times it's happened, I barely missed the call and called them back fairly quickly - it will ring on the other person's end, but I will hear nothing and when they pick up, they can't hear me.

It doesn't happen often, so it's not a huge deal, but the only thing I've found that fixes it is to reset the phone.

Is this a known issue, or did I just get lucky?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, there have been several sound issues involving HTC devices reported over the past few months, but I really hoped by the Arrive they would have been resolved. So this is a real disappointment. Users have had the phone mute during a call where you could hear the caller but they couldn't hear you. Soft reset to fix. Also been issues where an ignored alarm has caused a phone to lockup or lose all sound. Or, the volume jumping all over the place when plugging/unplugging a pair of headphones. Again, a soft reset got things working again.

I had all these issues on my Surround almost since launch day, but the two latter problems were solved with a recent hard reset. As I don't make/receive lots of calls not sure about the muting yet but hopeful. The phone has only muted on me twice during a call but others have reported much more frequent occurrences.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have had this happen but I don't have to reset to fix it I just hang up and call back and everything is fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon