Newbie has 2 questions please

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Just 2 questions please, I did search didn't fina an answer. 1) Why is it that I must re-connect (turn off then back on) WiFi every time I wake up the phone? Is this normal? 2) I was trying to activate my Arrive on Sprint.com I have an Motorola Photon connected right now on my number, when I go to activate the Arrive, it won't let me, it says I need a plan change, what is different about an Arrive then an Motorola Photon, there both smart phones and I already pay the $10 a month data, 4g, whatever they call it now, charge? Thanks for any input.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The Arrive doesn't use 4G so you will need to change your plan. If you change back you have to call in every time. At one point I had the Arrive and a Samsung Epic it was a pain switching back and forth I had to call in every time.

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about your WiFi problem. I have a Focus and it will reconnect automatically once the phone wakes up.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about your WiFi problem. I have a Focus and it will reconnect automatically once the phone wakes up.

Thanks that's what I assumed it would do, but no dice, I have to go into settings, then turn off wifi, then turn it back on, kind of a pain in the a**

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Does Sprint allow internet sharing? I seem to remember this causing WiFi problems. I'm on AT&T so I'm not sure as they haven't allowed it yet.

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I finally figured out why WiFi doesn't reconnect automatically after the screen times out / goes to sleep, it is my Airave only happens at home when the phone is connected via the Airave, tried it on WiFi elsewhere, no problems. Hope this helps anyone else that has an Airave.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes