M8 and Windows 10

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
So this is for my fellow M8 owners. Are you going Windows 10 day one next month or waiting to see if any issues arise?

I'm inclined to wait a couple of days, so please my beta testers report back! Oh and be sure to mention if you have the Verizon version, it appeared to me as the only one originally with the random reboot issue.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So this is for my fellow M8 owners. Are you going Windows 10 day one next month or waiting to see if any issues arise?

I'm inclined to wait a couple of days, so please my beta testers report back!

A Verizon stock ROM has been linked on xda, so those with Verizon m8 can do anything they want and flash back to 8.1 if there are issues. I'm still looking for an ATT ROM though...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If the M8 is your primary driver then I would not recommend this, because the general feeling among us is that the upcoming releases will be actual beta's that can actually limit your phone's functionality. I would recommend getting another low-end device and testing out the releases on that before actually updating your primary device.. Otherwise waiting a minimum of two weeks and going through all the issues noted here on our forums would be a wise move

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I went to 8.1 developers preview on my 8x and never had an issue, but, I think I will keep my M8 alone for a bit and wait for others to be the testers. I am not seeing too many improvements in 10 for the phone that would cause me to change early.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I went to 8.1 developers preview on my 8x and never had an issue

Those were not true beta's :) Just look at W10 build previews; ask those users and they will tell you that being part of the prev has some negative sides, but the positives will ultimately win lol Keep in mind that on a PC you could dual boot or run VM; we don't have that option for our phones

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably go for it right away. Not much to lose, and it could be interesting. Everything on my phone is backed up constantly, so who cares?

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm also going to download the upcoming preview version of Windows 10 for my PC and set it up to dual boot, that way I can really check out the integration between PC and phone.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Not me no way. Leaving my M8 AS IS. I'll just bide my time and wait for official device/product releases

Someone stated that the Dev Prev app and the Phone Insider app will coexist; the Ph.I will give you beta access whilst the dev prev will give you the somehwat finished product. If that is the case then it would be great :D

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
After using the D4P on my T-Mo 925 and the issues that came to the forefront I vowed never to do that again lol. Y'all who like to try that stuff, more power to ya. Have fun! :smile:

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna test it on my 920. My biggest concern is not being able to flash back like you can with a nokia, if a problem arises we are stuck. Being AT&T they could do it at the service center but it would be a pain in the arse.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'll put it on my 635 just to see what it's all about, but honestly I really like the M8 on 8.1 and want for nothing on it.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend getting another low-end device and testing out the releases on that before actually updating your primary device..

This, x100. There are enough inexpensive, low-end devices out there that if you really want to test the early releases, that would be the way to go.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Too scary! How do you afford multiple phones???? I'd by a cheap one but I have Verizon and don't know if I can add it...

You don't have to activate it, a 635 go phone for $50 would be a good example. You can use all the data functions over Wi-Fi and test Windows 10 risk free. I never sell my old phones when I upgrade, it's how most people have a spare.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna test it on my 920. My biggest concern is not being able to flash back like you can with a nokia, if a problem arises we are stuck. Being AT&T they could do it at the service center but it would be a pain in the arse.

I'm worried that the flash might not work :/ but we'll know soon enough I guess

elitejedimaster

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a spare 920 to test it out on, but if I see good things coming from other, more brave people, I'll update my M8 to the dev preview. So, it'll be as instant as I can for the Nokia, but maybe a week or so, depending, for the M8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon