Verizon M8 on T-Mobile

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone taken their Verizon M8, unlocked, to T-Mobile? I've read some sites that say it will work, and other sites saying that the radios in the Verizon M8 aren't fully compatible with T-Mobile.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have used it on T-mobile. It works perfect except for one issue, you cannot receive/send multimedia messages because verizon has locked down the APN settings for the same. Also you won't get wifi calling.
Has anyone taken their Verizon M8, unlocked, to T-Mobile? I've read some sites that say it will work, and other sites saying that the radios in the Verizon M8 aren't fully compatible with T-Mobile.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
DEPENDS ON AREA >>>>

The Verizon M8 has HSPA+ 21 radios in it that work on the 850 and 900 bands for voice and data. This means in MOST areas you will get 3G and H+ data using T-Mobile. If you live in an area that T-Mobile has run out the Band 13 LTE connections, you have about a 70-30 chance of keeping that LTE lit up. Major cities should all have the Band 13 lit by now, but if not the HSPA+ speeds should be good. Just watch for low signals indoors that will crush your battery life.

Other than that, it seems to work very well - I actually turn mine to 2G when I am indoors or on Wi-Fi as it saves a ton of battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes