How do I recharge HTC One M8 Windows from almost dead phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to recharge HTC One M8 Windows from "almost" dead phone

I made the mistake of allowing my phone to die due to failing to plug it in. I've tried everything to include a hardware factory reset, soft reset and all I want to do is charge the phone; that's it, charge it! I don't understand why the phone has to want to power on to charge. I can't get past the Windows logo long enough to get to the Verizon splash screen and Windows start screen to immediately turn the display off and charge. One solution I read is to hold the power and volume down/up for two minutes, well that's great except that key combo is the bootloader, do I still hold those keys down despite it; thanks?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to recharge HTC One M8 Windows from "almost" dead phone

Don't understand why you are trying to turn the display off when the phone comes on. What happens when you plug it in and leave it alone. It should continue charging.

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

If anybody owns the HTC One M7 or the M8/M9 Android; you can plug the doggone device into the wall, dead no less, and the phone will charge without turning itself on and fully charge without ever turning it on. Not the M8W, it has to restart and charge from the "on" position. I want to know why I cannot simply charge the phone without it turning itself automatically on. It boots and reboots all day and I'm sick of it. There's not enough battery power to take it to the start screen and once there I can manually kill it and allow it to charge. The HTC plug is 1.0A, it's not enough to charge it between cycles. Spare me it's the battery; it lasted 4 days. I grant you I should have charged the phone, but there has to be a better way; it's a ridiculous problem to have given I have it's Android counterparts and this isn't a problem with either device. Thanks!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

My HTC 8XT charges off the wall plug without needing to boot, if its shut down, its stays shuts down and charges. Surprised yours can't.

Aaron Hersom

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I upped my battery saver to 40% and still my phone died last night even with the phone at 40%. I have WIFI and Bluetooth off the whole time. This phone has always had issues with battery drain even with WP 8 on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon