HTC Radar paint peeling off

james.howell

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed recently that the paint on my HTC Radar is peeling off. I look after my phone, have no marks or scratches, but the paint has nearly all worn/peeled off on the front looking terrible. The phone is only 4 months old.

Has anyone else experienced this?

sprocket01

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I noticed mine has started to crack and some of it has flaked off I kept mine in a case for the first 3 months I haven't been using it lately so I'm lost as to why it would happen. Mine seems to mostly be the battery door the plate at the top of the phone seems to be fine not sure whats causing it but it sucks for sure!

james.howell

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Now I have had a chance to take some photos I have also submitted a support ticket to HTC. Not sure what stance they are going to take though...

james.howell

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Got a reply from HTC Support today:

I?m sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the paint peeling from your phone.

My apologies, James, however this type of damage it likely not covered by the warranty as we do not cover wear & tear, meaning if this was put in for a repair you would most likely be charged.

I would suggest speaking to your insurance company or network provider to see if they can provide an alternative.​

If this is how an HTC phone stands up to "wear and tear" - and is seen to be ok by HTC - then it will be the first and last one I ever own. My Nokia E71 went 3.5 years under heavy use and abuse without a mark to be found on the whole thing and is still going. My Radar is struggling to survive 3.5 months...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Here are a couple of pics of the paint wear...

Thanks for the pics. That looks terrible and it sucks that HTC won't cover that under warranty. If possible, I'd recommend filing complaint with the Better Business Bureau if HTC refuses to fix the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3