12-19-2012 01:17 PM
68 123
tools
    The fix is coming in August. -source HTCDev.
    Is this for the Straight Talk profile, HTC Connection Setup app update so it'll work on the Titan II, or both?
    06-30-2012 01:04 PM
    I bought this phone off ebay and I live in Canada and I couldn't use this app to setup my connections with Rogers.

After recieving the phone, i did a SIM unlock and it detects my network. For data, i just added the Roger APN in the settings and I get data. My main problem is that I get 4G speeds most of the time rather than LTE. I have a Galaxy S II Skyrocket and that phone gets LTE most of the time and rarely gets 4G so I am hoping this app my fixes my problems.
    07-14-2012 10:22 PM
    according to Nokia, ATT LTE phones are using a special chip to do the LTE handshaking which means LTE is locked to ATT. I call BS but thats why Nokia isn't releasing the connection settings app in US marketplace. This same problem might also apply to the TII since I heard HTC benefitted from Nokia/ATTs LTE collaboration.
    07-16-2012 11:01 AM
    according to Nokia, ATT LTE phones are using a special chip to do the LTE handshaking which means LTE is locked to ATT. I call BS but thats why Nokia isn't releasing the connection settings app in US marketplace. This same problem might also apply to the TII since I heard HTC benefitted from Nokia/ATTs LTE collaboration.
    Well apparently Nokia has been able to take care of the problem and are supposed to release the updated Network Setup app to the Marketplace soon.

If Nokia can fix it, why can't HTC?
    07-19-2012 01:13 AM
    Well apparently Nokia has been able to take care of the problem and are supposed to release the updated Network Setup app to the Marketplace soon.

If Nokia can fix it, why can't HTC?
    To adjust Kanye West's quote a bit... "HTC doesn't care about Windows Phone."
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    07-19-2012 11:25 AM
    To adjust Kanye West's quote a bit... "HTC doesn't care about Windows Phone."
    Yeah, I'm probably going to sell my HTCs in a couple weeks and wait for a Nokia WP8.
    07-19-2012 01:04 PM
    Yeah, I'm probably going to sell my HTCs in a couple weeks and wait for a Nokia WP8.
    a Titan II? Want to trade for my 900?
    07-24-2012 03:06 PM
    a Titan II? Want to trade for my 900?
    Lol that's actually what I originally wanted a couple months back. I was actually planning to put up a for trade post back then, but that never happened haha. I think I was afraid of the camera quality. Anyway, I might be okay with a trade, since Nokia published the Network Setup app today.

Any details? Color, condition, still have original box and receipt?
    07-25-2012 01:23 AM
    Lol that's actually what I originally wanted a couple months back. I was actually planning to put up a for trade post back then, but that never happened haha. I think I was afraid of the camera quality. Anyway, I might be okay with a trade, since Nokia published the Network Setup app today.

Any details? Color, condition, still have original box and receipt?
    Still have box, cable, charger, documents. Not 100% on receipt but I think I have it. There are three or four milimeter length nicks on the outside, but you can only see them if you're really looking. Nothing a case can't cover up, which I have. Also with a screen protector, because...

I put it in my pocked when I was moving and took the phone out to find a few scratches on the screen. Nothing insane, by any means, but I could feel them when I held the phone. I could only see them with the screen off, too. Slapped a screen protector on here and it's smooth, plus I can honestly barely notice them. I can send you a picture if you want.

Oh, it's white, by the way. Case is grey.
    07-25-2012 08:39 AM
    i politely ask you take the deal making offline from this thread.
    07-25-2012 10:58 AM
    Still have box, cable, charger, documents. Not 100% on receipt but I think I have it. There are three or four milimeter length nicks on the outside, but you can only see them if you're really looking. Nothing a case can't cover up, which I have. Also with a screen protector, because...

I put it in my pocked when I was moving and took the phone out to find a few scratches on the screen. Nothing insane, by any means, but I could feel them when I held the phone. I could only see them with the screen off, too. Slapped a screen protector on here and it's smooth, plus I can honestly barely notice them. I can send you a picture if you want.

Oh, it's white, by the way. Case is grey.
    PM Sent.

i politely ask you take the deal making offline from this thread.
    No worries, I wasn't planning to hijack my own thread to do a deal. :P
    07-25-2012 01:42 PM
    well it looks like Nokia beat HTC to the punch. They have an app that works with Straight Talk now....HTC nothing. I guess I'll switch over to my 900
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    07-26-2012 04:32 PM
    well it looks like Nokia beat HTC to the punch. They have an app that works with Straight Talk now....HTC nothing. I guess I'll switch over to my 900
    And I will sell my HTC. Seriously HTC, you've had months to do something and you've just sat there.

Really disappointed.
    07-26-2012 11:19 PM
    Anyone who wants to trade their Titan Ii for my Cyan Lumia - let me know.

Edit - read your PMs alpine.
    Last edited by bigkevbosky; 07-27-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    07-26-2012 11:53 PM
    On another note, anyone see the latest WPCentral article with the screenshots?

"Add MMS APN"

YES! NO MORE CONNECTION SETUP APP!
    07-27-2012 12:35 AM
    they could have done that in 7, **** they still should with 7.8 Simply stupid to have some APN settings and not all.
    07-27-2012 08:19 AM
    Here is the reply I received today...

"Hi Christian, thank you for contacting HTC. It’s never good when the MMS is not working properly, and I would be happy to assist with this matter. Right now our Application that can be downloaded from the Marketplace called Connection Setup is under maintenance but as soon as this application is back up and running it should resolve the MMS issue."
    08-21-2012 11:22 PM
    Here is the reply I received today...

"Hi Christian, thank you for contacting HTC. Its never good when the MMS is not working properly, and I would be happy to assist with this matter. Right now our Application that can be downloaded from the Marketplace called Connection Setup is under maintenance but as soon as this application is back up and running it should resolve the MMS issue."
    I guess they are updating the app?
    08-22-2012 02:05 PM
    canned reply and essentialy a lie
    08-22-2012 06:31 PM
    The fix is coming in August. -source HTCDev.
    WHERE IS IT!??!?! Just sent another complaint directly to HTC about HTCdev.
    08-26-2012 04:05 AM
    they lied. I've learned just not to trust them, ATT, or anyone.
    08-26-2012 01:07 PM
    I'm not sure anyone had/has suggested this.

I've read that the titan 2 has exclusivity so only at&t network is supported for now. That makes the most sense. Also you can use your email to send mms and your at&t email to receive. I do that at times and it works.

You can google at&t mms email settings

This was the same for original titan. There was an update to the connection settings app that cleaned it up. So maybe another 2 months. 6 months from april but i could be wrong. At&t, HTC can't say that even though they know. The titan2 is exclusive and unless you get the European version which i don't think supports at&t 4G, you have to be patient.

Good luck.
    08-27-2012 02:09 AM
    My reply to their response was asking if there is a time-frame for the update. I received this today...

"...We are working on a fix for the application and will have the updated version on the marketplace as soon as possible. As of right now there is no ETA when it will be updated."
    08-27-2012 05:28 PM
    I'm not sure anyone had/has suggested this.

I've read that the titan 2 has exclusivity so only at&t network is supported for now. That makes the most sense. Also you can use your email to send mms and your at&t email to receive. I do that at times and it works.

You can google at&t mms email settings

This was the same for original titan. There was an update to the connection settings app that cleaned it up. So maybe another 2 months. 6 months from april but i could be wrong. At&t, HTC can't say that even though they know. The titan2 is exclusive and unless you get the European version which i don't think supports at&t 4G, you have to be patient.

Good luck.
    sold exclusively by ATT, but certainly not exclusive to them as a service provider. Also, your suggestion doesn't work if we are on Straight Talk.
    08-27-2012 05:55 PM
    sold exclusively by ATT, but certainly not exclusive to them as a service provider. Also, your suggestion doesn't work if we are on Straight Talk.
    I checked and looks like straight tak does have mms email. Not sure how reliable it works. I'm sure that the infastructure is similiar between wireless providers.
    08-28-2012 12:40 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD