Battery life update

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Quick update before bed...
Unplugged about 8am with full charge, just about to go to bed with battery looking about 30/35% left I would say (bit hard without % on the icon).
So overall happy with battery life given that if I had done the same activity on my SG2 it would of been dead hours ago.

For details on what I did with phone today see below.
  • Sent/received about 15 texts.
  • 6 Whatsapp messages.
  • Wifi on for about 6 hours.
  • Couple of photos.
  • Couple of short videos (10 seconds).
  • Uploaded videos to Facebook.
  • Played some Live games - maybe an hour or so.
  • Downloaded some apps.
  • Added location to Footprints with photo.
  • Browsed facebook.
  • Update all status once.
  • Checked in on facebook once.
  • Messed around with some ringtones.
  • Added a new note to onenote.
  • Used Local Scout.
  • Used maps to plot a route to somewhere and played with it.
  • Messed around with photo albums on phone/live tile.
  • Screen time out set to 3 mins - whenever i finished with phone left screen on to go out on it's own.
  • Screen brightness at the max.

Also maybe 45 mins of random browsing net, market & playing with apps.
Hope it's usefull to someone to judge if they want to get this beast of a phone, I'm happy with it.:)

Last edited:

dawrath

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Been following your posts on the Titan. I have a Samsung capativate and I hate the lack of real battery life. Even with an aftermarket 3200 mah it is still pretty horrid.

How is HTC screen on that outside? My Samsung is almost un-useable.

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Quick update before bed...
Unplugged about 8am with full charge, just about to go to bed with battery looking about 30/35% left I would say (bit hard without % on the icon).
So overall happy with battery life given that if I had done the same activity on my SG2 it would of been dead hours ago.

For details on what I did with phone today see below.
  • Sent/received about 15 texts.
  • 6 Whatsapp messages.
  • Wifi on for about 6 hours.
  • Couple of photos.
  • Couple of short videos (10 seconds).
  • Uploaded videos to Facebook.
  • Played some Live games - maybe an hour or so.
  • Downloaded some apps.
  • Added location to Footprints with photo.
  • Browsed facebook.
  • Update all status once.
  • Checked in on facebook once.
  • Messed around with some ringtones.
  • Added a new note to onenote.
  • Used Local Scout.
  • Used maps to plot a route to somewhere and played with it.
  • Messed around with photo albums on phone/live tile.
  • Screen time out set to 3 mins - whenever i finished with phone left screen on to go out on it's own.
  • Screen brightness at the max.

Also maybe 45 mins of random browsing net, market & playing with apps.
Hope it's usefull to someone to judge if they want to get this beast of a phone, I'm happy with it.:)

That battery life sounds beautiful, screen on max brightness, and a 3 minute screen time out? I wish my hd7 got that kind of battery life :( oh and if you go into battery saver under settings, then it will give you an actual battery percentage

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update, it's nice to see what you exactly you did with the phone to get a real idea of what battery is being spent on.

The fact you have your screen at max brightness through all of this is amazing! I'm used to toning mine down to about half. If you don't mind a few more questions:
1) How is the screen in the sun? Is it as bright as the GS2?
2) Did you have data/3g on or off (is this even an option on WP7)?

Sorry if I'm bothering you with all these questions, it's rare to find a place that will actually have a display model where I live so I rely on the experience of others a lot.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
To answer some of the questions / responses -

Mateoybeautiful - Thanks for the tip on where to find battery % - will use that tonight, see how the phone copes with my normal working day.

Dawrath / boss.king / J4rrod - I haven't tried the screen outside yet to be hones. Will try at lunch time and let you know how i get on.
As for quality - I really haven't seen a difference between my SG2 with SAMOLED.
Not really sure best way to test screen but from what I have been doing - general phone use, games, internet, facebook I haven't noticed any differences - perhaps the size of the thing is taking my attention away from details. lol.

boss.king - Data is always on - I haven't seen an option to turn it off, but I always kept it on with other phones anyway.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
To answer some of the questions / responses -

Mateoybeautiful - Thanks for the tip on where to find battery % - will use that tonight, see how the phone copes with my normal working day.

Dawrath / boss.king / J4rrod - I haven't tried the screen outside yet to be hones. Will try at lunch time and let you know how i get on.
As for quality - I really haven't seen a difference between my SG2 with SAMOLED.
Not really sure best way to test screen but from what I have been doing - general phone use, games, internet, facebook I haven't noticed any differences - perhaps the size of the thing is taking my attention away from details. lol.

boss.king - Data is always on - I haven't seen an option to turn it off, but I always kept it on with other phones anyway.

Turns out you can turn data off. Thanks for answering though. I'll be waiting eagerly to see what you think about the screen outdoors :)

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just checked my battery stats - 43% remaining after 15 hours unplugged - 14 hours estimated time left.

today consisted of -
20 texts
2 whats app messages
20 minutes on msn chat
15 mins messing around with office
synched my skydrive
10 mins messing around with various setting/start screen.
took 3 photos
downloaded some apps from market
checked the weather
had wifi on for about 5 hours now
about 30 mins of general playing about

So prob a bit more than a standard day...reckon I could easily get 2+ days out of it which like heaven compared to my SG2.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Just checked my battery stats - 43% remaining after 15 hours unplugged - 14 hours estimated time left.

today consisted of -
20 texts
2 whats app messages
20 minutes on msn chat
15 mins messing around with office
synched my skydrive
10 mins messing around with various setting/start screen.
took 3 photos
downloaded some apps from market
checked the weather
had wifi on for about 5 hours now
about 30 mins of general playing about

So prob a bit more than a standard day...reckon I could easily get 2+ days out of it which like heaven compared to my SG2.

Holy crap this kills my Focus' battery life.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Having just spent half hour trying to get a movie to stream from laptop to phone it and actually having a couple of films play for 5 mins each the battery has dropped to 33%.

I am still running at full brightness with no power saving options turned on.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried to upload some pictures but when they synch to Skydrive or I email them they get reduced in quality/file size.

Anyone have an idea about how to get pics off the phone in their full quality without using Zune?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Only problem with Zune is that it on my home PC and I was at work where we have corporate modified version of XP which is locked down for certain things.

Will try at home.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on the Titan is the best on any smartphone I have ever owned, I keep checking the battery saver setting fornthe remainin percentage because I keep thinking it must be time for the phone to go on charge but no! it just keeps on going, crrently 6 hours since last charge, brightness on automatic, wifi on all the time all email set to push as items arrive, a good hour of web browsing and my device shows 73% remaining.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree, it's certainly better than my Desire and SG2.
Still don't think we will ever get phones that last they like used to in old days unless they make a new kind of battery.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope they release a small update with regards to the photo emailing size limit. I like to email my photos to people. A couple mb photo is not going to crush anyones email limits. I would rather not have to upload photos to some other place for my friends to have to go to for downloading to their phones. Just an extra step instead of just attaching to the email, I would have to email them to tell them to go to www. photo.com or where ever to grab my newest photo.

Battery life is sounding great though. Cant wait for the titan. Comeon att get them out there already.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
After a few weeks with Titan I am still very happy with battery life.
It is very consistent when compared to my Galaxy S2 where it seemed to vary greatly from day to day even with same processes / setup.

I have been using GPS and a sport app while walking to work and have not seen a massive battery hit as i would on my SG2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077