11-26-2011 01:31 AM
43 12
tools
    I've been calling around and I can confirm that they only shipped (or ordered) up to TWO Titans at every store in Utah!!!
    So if you have Twitter, I would like to keep #att#sucks trending. Or anything involving how abominable AT&T is and how much they cater to Apple. Even on their website, they flash the BIG "upgrade to 4s now" sign!!!
    All I want is the Titan!!!!!!
    Let's keep #attsucks #attfail trending on Twitter and see how for this goes!

I don't want to resort to doing something as evil as this, but i'm pretty pissed off that they only shipped one - two Titans! That's just dumb!!!
    11-22-2011 12:53 PM
    I stopped buying from ATT corp stores years ago. I buy from Amazon Wireless now. Free shipping (usually next day) and they always undercut carrier pricing. I read most of their phones are selling for a penny right now.
    11-22-2011 01:03 PM
    That penny sale is for NEW subscribers. Also, I cannot get the unlimited plan in which I am grandfathered to if I buy online at Amazon. I have to click on which plan I get prior on Amazon. I do not want to lose my unlimited plan.
    I have nothing big against AT&T because their network serves me well. And so does their customer service. However, I am totally against their "iPhone is the only way" strategy!! I was an iPhone pioneer and I loved it. But I love the WP7 OS more and their screwing with my mind!!
    11-22-2011 01:09 PM
    I feel your pain. I have been calling all the stores in Boston and none of them have any stock. This is just crazy.
    11-22-2011 01:15 PM
    I ordered mine online, very early Sunday morning, from their Business Premier site. It shows that the order has been processed but it still hasn't shipped. They are probably sitting in a shipping container somewhere in transit and maybe still on the ship. Another case of the marketing people pushing it out irregardless of supply. I'm starting to think that the guy in China, who is painting all of the back covers grey, called in sick!
    11-22-2011 01:33 PM
    I just LOL'd on the guy calling in sick!!! But I do like the black covers better than the grey ones!
    My mission for today is to ask all of my friends to go to the AT&T store or call them and ask for the Titan. I want to see if this gets any traction.
    11-22-2011 02:16 PM
    AT&T is likely just being careful because they don't want to get burned. It's not like WP7 handsets have been selling like hotcakes.

If they start seeing real demand, they'll order more.
    11-22-2011 02:20 PM
    Yeah... "real" demand... but to only have two on stock? That's unacceptable!!!
    11-22-2011 02:26 PM
    Yeah... "real" demand... but to only have two on stock? That's unacceptable!!!
    Only having one or two is pretty sad.
    11-22-2011 02:30 PM
    Agreed. They need to have more than that for each store. From what I am hearing from the sales reps now is that they are getting a lot of calls for the Titan and they wished they had some in stock. Then again, that could just be me calling over and over again!
    11-22-2011 02:34 PM
    Agreed. Plus how do they expect to sell ANY if they don't display them! I mean seriously right?
    11-22-2011 02:37 PM
    That's funny... i've been calling them over and over too. At different phone lines with varying tones on my voice so that they don't recognize it. I'm going to ask a few of my friends to either walk in the store or call in and ask for the Titan. Hopefully, they get a clue!!!
    11-22-2011 02:41 PM
    They could just be going by your area and the percentage of people that buy whatever phone. I mean why send 40 or 50 Titans to an area that would only buy 5? I haven't seen anyone else complain besides on the first day when some stores didn't get their shipments in. Are you saying that every store you have called is out of Titans or are you just complaining they only shipped 2 to each store?

Also I wouldn't say that they are "catering to Apple" since they actually brought in more competition this year to the iPhone than any other year (due to the exclusivity ending). If you had said this last year or two years ago I would have agreed. But, I am actually surprised the amount of high end Androids AT&T brought this year and not to mention they are the only carrier to bring the most WP7 devices. Verizon is catering to high-end Androids and Sprint is glad they have the iPhone for the first time.
    11-22-2011 04:11 PM
    "Also I wouldn't say that they are "catering to Apple" since they actually brought in more competition"
    Are you serious??? Look at their webpage! They have the iPhone covering half of their main page! Also, when you click on "upgrade availability", it asks you first if you want to update to an iPhone. I understand, they don't have any reason to ship 40 Titans, but 2???
    C'mon, that's just unconstitutional!!! Why do they want most WP7's on their network and not wanna sell it to anyone?
    11-22-2011 04:59 PM
    Those are just the growing pains associated with being the new, unproven, OS.
    11-22-2011 05:06 PM
    Just saw this on my Twitter feed from AT&T.

This wknd upload a pic of the coolest AT&T store window w/#ATTStoreWindow! U could win a @WindowsPhone! Official Rules: http://social.att.com/Fby

That doesn't sound like they're anti-Windows Phone.
    11-22-2011 05:31 PM
    Why do they want most WP7's on their network and not wanna sell it to anyone?
    I don't know, you tell me why they would waste their time offering something if they are catering to Apple? I mean if they were catering to Apple wouldn't they try NOT to offer other devices? Or if they did offer other devices wouldn't they offer the sucky ones?

And again, is your argument that you were unable to buy the Titan or that there were just 2 there? I don't really care if my AT&T store had 50 Titans or 2 Titans. What I would care is if it impeded my ability to get the device.
    11-22-2011 05:42 PM
    I think that if you feel the need to call your AT&T store multiple times, pretending to be different people, then you've already accepted that there isn't enough demand to justify stores to stock up with a larger quantity.

Yes, 1 or 2 devices sounds sparse. But the stores probably would much rather have too few devices than too many.
    11-22-2011 05:48 PM
    Those are just the growing pains associated with being the new, unproven, OS.
    This has nothing to do with the OS and everything to do with a lack of communication! They should be giving those of us who purchased this hardware online and all of their retail stores a simple explanation of the supply problem and an idea of when they expect to have it resolved. Simple communication! It's not too much to ask for!!!
    11-22-2011 05:49 PM
    It's becoming apparent that supply issues coupled with higher than expected demand led to this shortage. It might even be intentional, kind of like when the Wii came out and the prolonged shortage increased the hype.
    11-22-2011 08:36 PM
    Whoa whoa whoa...let's all take a step back here. There is a lot of assumptions in this thread based loosely on anything factual.

First of all, @stoogefandave, your initial complaint was that your shipment was still saying it is processed but not shipped. How do you know that doesn't have to deal with AT&T's shipment response and not the supply? I have had experience ordering from AT&T before and sometimes things come in within 3 or 4 days and sometimes it takes over a week. So, before you sit here and say that it has to deal with supply just take a step back and actually wait a little bit before coming to that conclusion. Unless you specifically ordered 2nd day shipping I think you need to just wait and then come to that conclusion.

Secondly, @MajorLonghorn, I have no idea where you are getting this "high demand" from. I haven't seen any reports showing that there is a high demand for the HTC Titan on AT&T. I could be wrong you may have found one that I don't know about, but I have not seen that. Just because I love Windows Phones doesn't mean I can't be realistic about the fact that they aren't selling as much as an iPhone or an Android device. The point I am trying to make is that I don't think there is that kind of demand that you all are thinking. Again, I could be wrong but so far I have not seen any report or any article saying there is a high demand for the AT&T version of the HTC Titan. If there was a supply problem then you would have come across some European article saying that considering the same factory that makes the European HTC Titan would be the same one that would at least make the majority of the parts of the AT&T one.

And Reflexx is right, if you really feel that you need to call your AT&T store multiple times or try to convince your friends to go in and ask for the Titan even if they aren't wanting that device, then that should be enough to tell you that there isn't that demand there.
    11-22-2011 09:17 PM
    I love how economics and retail work, I as a salesperson always try and give the customers the rundown on the latest objects and yet they don't wanna hear it, WP7 kind of reminds me of the Nintendo 3DS, its one of those things that wasn't in Demand at first, that you TRIED to sell, but are selling like Crazy now...i have sold out of all 3DS in my store..Good For WP7 but sad for AT&T...

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    11-22-2011 09:58 PM
    Two phones per store is just silly. They did that last year with the initial launch and it didn't work (out of stock within 2 days at most, many stores) Why did they think it would work this year. I understand not wanting to hold too much inventory, but a 7-10 day supply for a launch device is not unusual. For all the consumer products companies I worked for, being out of stock at launch was the biggest possible no-no, and was avoided at all cost. I remember air freighting 20000 pounds of Eveready batteries from NJ to Texas for a marketing promotion. Freight cost more than the batteries.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    11-22-2011 10:18 PM
    wp7pwns: The reason that I jumped to the "supply problem" conclusion is because I got an e-mail from AT&T today stating that it is on backorder (I must have posted that in a different thread). That, coupled with some stores receiving a couple of units and most apparently not receiving any, equals a supply problem. Hopefully it is just a short-term delay, but it would be nice to know. I doubt that there is a high demand, but any kind of demand at all will eat up an initial sparse supply.
    11-22-2011 11:11 PM
    @wp7pwns errr... I don't think you get my initial post. It's frustrating to know that AT&T is purposely doing this to see if there is demand. And having only two items on stock is just ridiculuous!!

"Hey, I'm not sure if there will be enough people to buy the new WP7s so let's just stock two items for now even if there are 200K people here in this town!" - AT&T

And to answer your question earlier whether I was complaining about not having any on stock or not being able to buy one... WTF! I want to buy one but there isn't any on stock because they only shipped two!!!
    11-22-2011 11:13 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD