12-21-2011 12:57 AM
41 12
tools
    Just read the following on BGR - HTC is currently set to deliver an HTC Titan-like smartphone with a 4.7-inch display and 4G LTE to AT&T the first LTE Windows Phone we know of and the release date is currently slated for February 5th.

Who's turning in their current Titan and waiting for the new one? I was having trouble with my microphone and was thinking of returning it anyways.
    12-19-2011 10:25 AM
    certainly not for LTE alone. At the rate ATT is deploying LTE, I'd never even see it for the 2 years I'd have the phone. :/
    12-19-2011 10:32 AM
    Just read the following on BGR - HTC is currently set to deliver an HTC Titan-like smartphone with a 4.7-inch display and 4G LTE to AT&T the first LTE Windows Phone we know of and the release date is currently slated for February 5th.

Who's turning in their current Titan and waiting for the new one? I was having trouble with my microphone and was thinking of returning it anyways.

Wow. Four months after original Titan release? That seems kind of lousy - like the iPhone thing a few years back, when Apple dropped the price a matter of weeks after release, and after early adopters had shelled out $200 more for their iPhones.

Bigger reason to reconsider is that if there will be a new Titan model, then this one will become orphan - having only been sold for a matter of months before the bigger, better one came out.

Could you post link to the story you read?
    12-19-2011 10:57 AM

Could you post link to the story you read?
    HTC Elite flagship phone and 4G LTE Windows Phone to hit AT&T in early 2012

:)
    12-19-2011 10:59 AM
    Thanks, WeeBear. I initially mis-read this as being an Android device --- missed the LTE Windows Phone bit in the beginning. Sounds intriguing, but the timing feels lousy!! Not great to help uptake with Windows phone if the release timing suggests that people wait!
    Last edited by Rocket_Girl; 12-19-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Confused!
    12-19-2011 11:04 AM
    'HTC is currently set to deliver an HTC Titan-like smartphone with a 4.7-inch display and 4G LTE to AT&T — the first LTE Windows Phone we know of — and the release date is currently slated for February 5th'

Think its an LTE Titan Rocket_Girl

Yeah we don't want any of that Android rubbish! :D
    12-19-2011 11:10 AM
    I don't have LTE in my area (and with AT&T I probably won't in two years) but I should be moving in a year and it would be nice to take advantage of LTE if it's available. Plus I would get to keep all 4.7 inches of glory! Before I was going to take my Titan in to see about a replacement. Now I'm debating if I should hold out until CES. While I would hate to give up my penny deal, paying 200 bucks in Feb. wouldn't exactly cripple me.
    12-19-2011 11:15 AM
    'HTC is currently set to deliver an HTC Titan-like smartphone with a 4.7-inch display and 4G LTE to AT&T the first LTE Windows Phone we know of and the release date is currently slated for February 5th'

Think its an LTE Titan Rocket_Girl

Yeah we don't want any of that Android rubbish! :D
    Still seems like a bait-and-swindle move: the early adopters who would most appreciate LTE Titan (perhaps) are the ones who will be stuck with the Faux-G version (or give them up now to wait). Perhaps they are counting on that: we may be the same ones to pony up AGAIN!!
    12-19-2011 11:17 AM
    Titan-like. It could be a completely different phone. Titan-like could simply mean another 4.7" HTC WP. There could be a lot different.
    12-19-2011 12:13 PM
    There are more reasons for me to keep my Titan than to switch to this "titan like" device. First of all, LTE is a known battery killer. Until LTE is available with normal battery life, I am not interested. I have no speed or performance issues right now. I couldn't care less about LTE at the moment. In a year or two, possibly could care a little less than now.

Second of all, I am entirely happy with this device and not really in the mood to try anything new. New could mean potential issues. I normally would be all about next, but I have never been happier with a device than I am with the Titan.
    boneycat likes this.
    12-19-2011 12:23 PM
    My concern is what if I wait past 30 days and I can't return it, only to find out there are some upgrades to the new Titan besides the LTE. Maybe a higher screen resolution, Amoled display, better reception (some people complaining of death grip), better microphone (people often complain they can't hear me clearly). I would be happy for any of these. But if LTE is it, I give up $35 restocking fee and a $25 app card for the chance to buy the new one for $199 (maybe more). I will be going to the AT&T store tomorrow about my sound issues and will decide in the store.
    12-19-2011 12:28 PM
    After CES all this may be moot. Wait until we hear what is coming from all manufacturers.
    12-19-2011 12:47 PM
    Yeah, I'm more interested in what will be announced at CES. Which reminds me... Anyone going and want to drag my sorry phone geek butt with them? =P

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express
    12-19-2011 02:12 PM
    There are more reasons for me to keep my Titan than to switch to this "titan like" device. First of all, LTE is a known battery killer. Until LTE is available with normal battery life, I am not interested. I have no speed or performance issues right now. I couldn't care less about LTE at the moment. In a year or two, possibly could care a little less than now.

Second of all, I am entirely happy with this device and not really in the mood to try anything new. New could mean potential issues. I normally would be all about next, but I have never been happier with a device than I am with the Titan.
    Agreed on all accounts. AT&T seems to let me upgrade every 18 months so I figure by then LTE and the phones that run it will have matured enough. This is also the rationale I used to not wait for the Nokia phone. As it stands I'm perfectly happy w/ my Titan. Er, excuse me, I mean TITAN.
    12-19-2011 04:26 PM

The Titan is a great device but some of the nagging issues is making me and others rethink their decision.

Call quality
    Audio pops
    Wifi connectivity
    Light bleeding
    SRS problems

and other bugs/glitches that affect nearly every AT&T Titan owner. With no fixes announced it does seem like a good option to wait until after CES to see what's available.
    12-19-2011 05:30 PM
    I have some issues as well but geez... I paid a PENNY! :P

i can live with it now since call quality seems better, even if I need to use BT to call it's not bad. Still have an upgrade line available a back up focus S and in 18 mos I can upgrade again.

I'll hold.
    Duvi likes this.
    12-19-2011 05:42 PM
    It seems like if HTC wanted to release an LTE Titan they would release it on Verizon instead of AT&T. Verizon's LTE network is much further along than AT&T's.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    12-19-2011 06:01 PM
    Wait, there may be a better device 4-5 months AFTER the TITAN was launched? Say it aint so.

Really, why has the sarcasm emoction still not been released. It is obviously needed much more every day.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    12-19-2011 06:08 PM
    I dare them to release another phone after people bought the previous handset!!I say a class action lawsuit coming!!
    Wait, there may be a better device 4-5 months AFTER the TITAN was launched? Say it aint so.

Really, why has the sarcasm emoction still not been released. It is obviously needed much more every day.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    12-19-2011 06:11 PM
    Something else to consider would be the state of our unlimited data...

I upgraded my Verizon laptop stick to the MiFi a few months ago, and was told that the MiFi was the last device to keep the Unlimited Data Plan for $60...anything above that (faster, LTE) would require me to change my rate plan. Now, that is on VZW, and it is a data device, not a phone, but we have already had to switch sim cards to accomodate the "new" network...how long before we have to bow down to the Empire and relinquish our data plans?

A "true" LTE device may be that straw that weighs down the camel too far...thoughts?
    independentvolume likes this.
    12-19-2011 06:28 PM
    I dare them to release another phone after people bought the previous handset!!I say a class action lawsuit coming!!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    sarcasm? Only a fool in a lte area that wanted to utilize lte would buy a 3g device imo. Especially when everyone knew lte phones were right around the corner.
    12-19-2011 07:57 PM
    I have some issues as well but geez... I paid a PENNY! :P

i can live with it now since call quality seems better, even if I need to use BT to call it's not bad. Still have an upgrade line available a back up focus S and in 18 mos I can upgrade again.

I'll hold.
    Exactly... and I got mine for a penny cheaper than that. FREE!

Regardless of some of these issues, I may keep this device. Lol.

Only issue for me that I may have and will monitor is the reception and wifi.
    12-19-2011 09:06 PM
    The Titan is a great device but some of the nagging issues is making me and others rethink their decision.

Call quality
    Audio pops
    Wifi connectivity
    Light bleeding
    SRS problems

and other bugs/glitches that affect nearly every AT&T Titan owner. With no fixes announced it does seem like a good option to wait until after CES to see what's available.
    I have not had call quality issues that I have noticed, or been informed of. I don't have wifi or audio issues either. I also don't see why people get so bent on "light bleeding." It's not like there is light pouring out and burning our eyeballs. I honestly can't say that I have ever even noticed any light bleed. I don't really spend my time looking for it either though.

Also, it doesn't matter what device you get, there will be problems. The TITAN has a good GPS, good performance, good feel, and a great display. I can make calls and have not had connectivity issues. For me, everything just works. I guess that is what matters most to me.
    12-20-2011 11:56 AM
    sarcasm? Only a fool in a lte area that wanted to utilize lte would buy a 3g device imo. Especially when everyone knew lte phones were right around the corner.
    Are any of the new windows phones even 3G? Aren't they ALL 4G HSPA capable?

I hope the Elite or whatever it will be called has a 2100mah battery for that LTE antenna. My area is covered by 4G HSPA+ on the Att map yet I still have areas that do not get any service. Don't fool yourself into thinking that just because you are in an LTE area your phone will not be trying to find a LTE signal at times destroying your battery life. Most android LTE owners turn it off unless they know they will be in an LTE area for a while and want that faster data.
    12-20-2011 12:20 PM
    I have not had call quality issues that I have noticed, or been informed of. I don't have wifi or audio issues either. I also don't see why people get so bent on "light bleeding." It's not like there is light pouring out and burning our eyeballs. I honestly can't say that I have ever even noticed any light bleed. I don't really spend my time looking for it either though.

Also, it doesn't matter what device you get, there will be problems. The TITAN has a good GPS, good performance, good feel, and a great display. I can make calls and have not had connectivity issues. For me, everything just works. I guess that is what matters most to me.
    Your Titan not having any problems is good, but that's not much of a consolation prize for the rest of us. These issues are affecting us and they do matter. Sweeping glaring problems underneath the rug because "nothing's perfect" is not acceptable when we're the ones that have to foot the bill.
    12-20-2011 12:40 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD