Data problems on my Titan today

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Greetings to all,

Since this morning, I have had problems receiving data on my Titan. From time to time, all works well, but then I experience no data reception resulting in GPS issues and Internet browsing. I am not currently using WiFi. I average four bars of reception and can make calls. Only the data is affected. I hope that it is an AT&T matter and not the phone. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Enjoy the evening.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have but not for a week or so. Try turning airplane mode in and off. That helped some people.

Sent from my HTC TITAN using Board Express

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem intermittently, and have had it happen on the Focus S as well...may be a OS issue. Doing the airplane mode trick did resolve the issue...

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, kevm14, and tmotytn. I would never have thought of trying that solution.

I should explain that the loss of data primarily happened when I turned on my phone in different locations as I made my way about the area. When I was in a restaurant, judging by the number of people using their Iphones, I would guess that signal wasn't a problem. Certainly, a few of these diners must have been AT&T subscribers. I am not interested in using my phone in a restaurant, and especially when I am with my spouse, but I wanted to see if the data issue had been resolved.

On two other occasions, I left my phone on and travelled to two other locations. Four bars were in evidence, but only once did I have data. I was frustrated and turned off my phone.

At home, I had no problem receiving data. Just to be sure, I turned my phone off and on three times. All seemed well, just as it did this morning. What was most interesting was that yesterday, after I had experienced data loss, when I did manage to access data, web browsing and GPS signal acquisition was far quicker than at any time in the past.

Perhaps the phone's antenna was at fault. There may be a problem with the phone acquiring data when I leave it on and travel to another area. The cell signals in the areas are not suspect.

Two days ago, I activated a Windows Live account and then noted that Marketplace showed that there were updates for the AT&T apps and the HTC Hub. I downloaded them. Perhaps the data issue is related to the downloading. I did not pull the battery after the downloading. Should I have done that?

I would not be so obsessive about this, but I only have one week remaining on my 30 day tryout. I want to make sure that I do not lose out on the opportunity to exchange the phone.

If I experience the same issue, I will give your solution a try. I deeply appreciate your time and suggestion.

Enjoy the day.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If your phone is truly unable to maintain a data connection, that's a defect and not buyers remorse, so you should be covered by the one year warranty.

With all the turning your phone on/off, not sure what is going on. Are you powering on/off, or just waking the phone. On my old WinMo phone,I would occasionally have to restart the phone when I was connected to a new tower. But don't recall that happening to my Surround in 13 months.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response, jimski. Yes, I have been powering my phone on and off. Today, however, I tried data access in four locations during the day and did not experience problems, so perhaps yesterday's experiences were just anomolies. I will keep testing.

Again, thank you to you and to all who have been so kind in helping me.

Enjoy the evening.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't know where you are, but I had data/internet access problems yesterday with AT&T. I am in Chicago. Everything is fine today.

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, palandri. I also live in Chicago, thus apparently the problem was with AT&T and not my Titan. I was too quick to blame the phone, but the listed issues with the Titan have influenced me to be on alert. My first unit had reception problems, thus when experiencing data access trouble the other day, I cast a negative eye on the phone and not the service. I am also disappointed with the quality of sound when on a call, but I would rather not exchange the phone for a unit that might be worse than what I currently own. With any luck, HTC will issue a fix for the problems reported by so many.

In a way, I miss my Nokia E71.

Go Bears, although I believe The Packers will have their way on Sunday.

Enjoy the holiday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3