My Titan reset without warning yesterday

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I checked an email, came back to my Titan 10 minutes later, and saw "Welcome to HTC!"

My phone had reset.

Anyone have this problem before?

I can deal with call quality, but when you erase my data (with no good backup), I lose a lot of trust quickly.

I think this might be my last HTC device...ever.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I been through 3 Titans in 30 days and opted to Reverse my upgrade, I don't know if you read my thread. I suggest if you can back out do it now and wait for few months when Nokia and other better brands come out.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I've asked this exact question before, but how many people that received their Titan with a new SIM pre-installed, that also have the chronic reboot issue?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I not had this happen. I have seen a couple of restarts but never a hard reset. That's not good at all. I am on my second Titan both ave been every good with minimal issues.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have had it sin e Day 1 on ATT. I have one App that occasionally causes it to freeze requiring a battery pull - no memory loss. I don't think it's the phones fault. Sounds like you have a bad unit. Take it back and get a replacement. I love my Titan, but if I could function on my old phone I thu k id take it back and wait till march for a Titan II - Lumia 900 shootout!

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had it sin e Day 1 on ATT. I have one App that occasionally causes it to freeze requiring a battery pull - no memory loss. I don't think it's the phones fault. Sounds like you have a bad unit. Take it back and get a replacement. I love my Titan, but if I could function on my old phone I thu k id take it back and wait till march for a Titan II - Lumia 900 shootout!

But the Titan II is no faster or more capable than the Titan. It's not like it uses a different CPU or more ram or something.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I know the Titan 2 has a 1.5 GHz chip, does the Titan 1 have a 1.5 or 1.4? The 2 also has a 16 mp camera which is amazing. I think it's kind of messed up that HTC came out with the T2 only a couple months after the 1st one. I vowed not too purchase another HTC because they did that to the touch pro 1&2 when I had them.

I have the Samsung Focus now, my next phone was the Focus S but I'm thinking the Lumia 900 now because it's design is beautiful and the exclusive apps are nice.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I know the Titan 2 has a 1.5 GHz chip, does the Titan 1 have a 1.5 or 1.4? The 2 also has a 16 mp camera which is amazing. I think it's kind of messed up that HTC came out with the T2 only a couple months after the 1st one. I vowed not too purchase another HTC because they did that to the touch pro 1&2 when I had them.

I have the Samsung Focus now, my next phone was the Focus S but I'm thinking the Lumia 900 now because it's design is beautiful and the exclusive apps are nice.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

The Titan is also a 1.5GHz phone. Also, the Titan 2 isn't meant to replace the Titan, it's just an LTE capable one. They will be sold side by side, and are pretty much the same phone in most aspects.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen once a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what caused it but it has not happened since. I thought I was going to have an ongoing issue but nothing yet. I've done one hard-reboot since but that's not bad for having this phone since a few days after Thanksgiving. I'll live since it costs me a $30.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Had my first random reset today! No idea why. I was listening to music and checking the Me hub and suddenly it just reset. I will have to monitor this closely but if it gets worse I won't hesitate to return it.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen on my first Titan. Looked a lot closer at the screen once it rebooted, and I had a dead pixel.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I had that happen on my first Titan. Looked a lot closer at the screen once it rebooted, and I had a dead pixel.

Unless you just posted this as trivial there is no relation between the two. A dead pixel will not cause a reboot, nor will a reboot (even if spontaneous) result in a dead pixel.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless you just posted this as trivial there is no relation between the two. A dead pixel will not cause a reboot, nor will a reboot (even if spontaneous) result in a dead pixel.

I know there is no relation between the two, but I never noticed it until the first reboot happened. I had multiple reboots after that. Over a period of five days it rebooted itself over 10 times. I have a different Titan now, and have had no problems.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow I just checked my uptime - 7.5 days!! This is a record. Phone runs great, no slow downs. Again, got mine 2nd day after they were available. Came with a new SIM preinstalled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes