Can't see Music/HTC Apps in Marketplace and can't find Connection Setup app

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Got a couple problems but some background info first.

When I installed Mango I did a hard reset. I installed Mango and everything went fine. When I went to Marketplace I could see HTC Apps, applications, games and music. I can't remember if HTC Connection Setup was already on the phone or if I had to download and install it but either way I used it to setup my 3g settings and everything was working fine.

I've just done another hard reset and I now can't see Music or HTC Apps in Marketplace and Connection Setup is not installed and I can't search the Marketplace for it either to install it. It says the app doesn't exist.

I've done a second reset and same thing still happens. Anyone know what it could be?

I could probably do a restore to Nodo and try again but just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. I've done a bit of a search on the net and these forums and it does seem like people have had similar issues of HTC apps appearing and dissapearing but in this case it's also the Music search in the Marketplace.

WP Version is 7720.68.

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
HTC Connection Setup is now under Settings. I removed it since it was allegedly responsible for my 3G and Bluetooth connection issues when I upgraded to Mango.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Checked under settings and it wasn't there but I plugged the phone to Zune and then received the 7740 update and I now see HTC Apps and Music back in the marketplace. I was then able to install HTC Connection Setup which was in the HTC Apps section in the marketplace and all is well again.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You may want to read through the "Trophy world phone has no data service..." thread before running Connection Setup. Others have described problems with it jacking the data connection (losing it completely, requiring factory reset to restore). There are two distinct yet related bugs in that thread...Connection Setup is one of them. Be forewarned....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3