10-27-2013 01:36 PM
106 1234 ...
tools
    Define "best". What is iOS the best at? Marketing maybe, they are the undisputed champs in that area but there isn't one hardware or software related item that they are the best at. There's a reason their marketshare has slipped worldwide and a bigger reason which is the point of the article in this thread: stagnation. They have been surpassed in every area they thought they were dominant in. Beginning with Antenna-gate, the Maps disaster and the Siri glitches, Apple is showing chinks in their armor and don't have the cojones to admit errors. Man up and face the music, humans are a forgiving species.
    When people hear " Apple and Iphone" they think of class and sophistication. When they hear "Microsoft and Windows phone" they think of a fat, sweaty guy screaming on stage and well, to be honest, a lot of people know nothing about a windows phone. These poor impressions are going to be around for a while. We have a long, hard road ahead of us. But things are slowly improving.
    10-18-2013 11:58 AM
    So whats the next strategy? - Squeeze every penny out of the consumer in profits.
    I think you will find that most companies try to maximise their profits.
    10-18-2013 12:27 PM
    I think you will find that most companies try to maximise their profits.
    Maximizing profits by giving something valuable worth money = Good Idea, good for business as well as consumers
    Maximizing profits by telling stories = Hmm...
    10-18-2013 12:42 PM
    When people hear " Apple and Iphone" they think of class and sophistication. When they hear "Microsoft and Windows phone" they think of a fat, sweaty guy screaming on stage and well, to be honest, a lot of people know nothing about a windows phone. These poor impressions are going to be around for a while. We have a long, hard road ahead of us. But things are slowly improving.
    It's not about Windows Phone's image. The article is about Apple and the 5C. "Class and sophistication" is giving way to "oops" and it's reflecting in their decision to reduce the 5C's allotment. Combined with iOS7's users complaining profusely about the UI and suddenly there mojo is taking a bath in the sea of Karma.
    10-18-2013 12:45 PM
    Maximizing profits by giving something valuable worth money = Good Idea, good for business as well as consumers
    Oh yeah those iphones don't hold their value at all. Unlike the windows phones that go for next to nothing compared to any other phone. Whose telling stories....?
    10-18-2013 12:49 PM
    It would be even better from a PR point of view if Apple was using that cash to capitalize or even for expanding R&D. They're just hoarding that cash and not even rewarding the stockholders. I like their products, I have a Mac at home but their way of doing business is not endearing me to them as a future customer.
    10-18-2013 12:49 PM
    Oh yeah those iphones don't hold their value at all. Unlike the windows phones that go for next to nothing compared to any other phone. Whose telling stories....?
    What does resale value have to do with anything?
    montsa007 likes this.
    10-18-2013 12:51 PM
    Relax man, let future tell a story, lets see what phone is launched next year, specially the design and features.
    10-18-2013 12:55 PM
    Hahaha, you are a magnetic person, pulling all my likes.
    10-18-2013 12:56 PM
    It's not about Windows Phone's image. The article is about Apple and the 5C. "Class and sophistication" is giving way to "oops" and it's reflecting in their decision to reduce the 5C's allotment. Combined with iOS7's users complaining profusely about the UI and suddenly there mojo is taking a bath in the sea of Karma.
    The 5c was just a "we can put a different case on it and see how it sells" phone. toss a little marketing and see what happens. They had nothing to lose with it. As far as ios7 the majority of people like it. Every format has people that will like or hate changes.
    10-18-2013 12:57 PM
    Isn't sale numbers/value/would i pay money for it what the article is about?
    10-18-2013 01:02 PM
    Isn't sale numbers/value/would i pay money for it what the article is about?
    You don't understand the point.
    If you slap apple logo on any commodity, it'll hold value, even fruits or a toy radio controlled car.
    Do the same with a Nokia Logo and a Rolls Royce, people will think its cheap, why? because Nokia 'had' lost its market share.

If, Apple starts to make wp phones (am damn sure they won't), only Apple phones would hold value. Even Samsung which is considered amongst top guns, if you look at their resale value, its carp, the value falls with the blink of an eye specially when you launch a gazillion models in a week. The new model today is old tomorrow.

No harm intended to anyone, whenever I see anyone with an apple product, I automatically assume "The person knows nothing about tech, and imagines owning an apple product means they deserve to be respected".

The only thing good about Apple is the sound quality I can get with the same earphones I use on my Lumia (JBL J22i)

Having said that I need to take a break from this thread unless fatclue guy says something which I'd love to like :)

Just view this video, why I don't like apple is summed up in this,

10-18-2013 01:09 PM
    No harm intended to anyone, whenever I see anyone with an apple product, I automatically assume "The person knows nothing about tech, and imagines owning an apple product means they deserve to be respected".
    It's a mistake to judge people by the phone they own. Or any other product. We are not the sum of the products we buy.
    dgr_874 likes this.
    10-18-2013 01:18 PM
    It's a mistake to judge people by the phone they own. Or any other product. We are not the sum of the products we buy.
    I understand that but the people I've encountered who were using an Apple Product, no matter how nice I treated them fell into the same category with time :(
    10-18-2013 01:20 PM
    We have a long, hard road ahead of us. But things are slowly improving.
    When you say 'we', who do you mean? Are you an employee or a shareholder of Microsoft?
    10-18-2013 01:25 PM
    I understand that but the people I've encountered who were using an Apple Product, no matter how nice I treated them fell into the same category with time :(
    Maybe because you pushed some of your anti-apple thoughts on them. Maybe throttle that back a little and just enjoy the products you own. Everyone is different, that's how the world works and you can't control it.
    FinancialP likes this.
    10-18-2013 01:26 PM
    montsa007 likes this.
    10-18-2013 01:28 PM
    Maybe because you pushed some of your anti-apple thoughts on them. Maybe throttle that back a little and just enjoy the products you own. Everyone is different, that's how the world works and you can't control it.
    Lol, I never push things (At least on my boss), he comes to me asking for things at times.
    Lets focus more on the thread, and view the video I posted above.
    10-18-2013 01:31 PM
    You don't understand the point.
    If you slap apple logo on any commodity, it'll hold value, even fruits or a toy radio controlled car.
    Do the same with a Nokia Logo and a Rolls Royce, people will think its cheap, why? because Nokia 'had' lost its market share.

If, Apple starts to make wp phones (am damn sure they won't), only Apple phones would hold value. Even Samsung which is considered amongst top guns, if you look at their resale value, its carp, the value falls with the blink of an eye specially when you launch a gazillion models in a week. The new model today is old tomorrow.

The only thing good about Apple is the sound quality I can get with the same earphones I use on my Lumia (JBL J22i)

Having said that I need to take a break from this thread unless fatclue guy says something which I'd love to like :)

Just view this video, why I don't like apple is summed up in this,

OK, I'll play along. Here goes:

I know what the numbers are because I like wasting my time so you'll have to do your own research. When people talk about resale value, what number are they using? I'm assuming most people buy their phones with the carrier subsidies so let's use that as a base. If an iPhone 5 is purchased at $199 and sold 2 years later on eBay for $300-$325 (average sale price), that person made about $100 after 2 years. Same scenario with a Lumia 920 shows the Lumia owner made more than the iPhone owner. The Lumia is $99 on contract (it's actually free right now) and is selling for the same on eBay.

Let's forget about subsidies. Let's go with full retail price. iPhone 5 32 gig - $799.00, Lumia 920 32 gig - $599.00. If both devices are selling for roughly the same price, I'd say the iPhone owner overpaid by $200.00, that's cold hard fact.

So, you want to keep talking about resale value?
    10-18-2013 01:35 PM
    @alv3st3r,
    You won yourself a leaf pal, that video is cool and actually realistic.
    At 2.01, looks like and Indian.
    10-18-2013 01:35 PM
    OK, I'll play along. Here goes:

I know what the numbers are because I like wasting my time so you'll have to do your own research. When people talk about resale value, what number are they using? I'm assuming most people buy their phones with the carrier subsidies so let's use that as a base. If an iPhone 5 is purchased at $199 and sold 2 years later on eBay for $300-$325 (average sale price), that person made about $100 after 2 years. Same scenario with a Lumia 920 shows the Lumia owner made more than the iPhone owner. The Lumia is $99 on contract (it's actually free right now) and is selling for the same on eBay.

Let's forget about subsidies. Let's go with full retail price. iPhone 5 32 gig - $799.00, Lumia 920 32 gig - $599.00. If both devices are selling for roughly the same price, I'd say the iPhone owner overpaid by $200.00, that's cold hard fact.

So, you want to keep talking about resale value?
    I think you quoted the wrong person, I was trying to explain the puta guy when he was talking about holding resale value. I am playing in the same team you are :/
    10-18-2013 01:37 PM
    I think you quoted the wrong person, I was trying to explain the puta guy when he was talking about holding resale value. I am playing in the same team you are :/
    I know, just trying to pull more likes.
    montsa007 likes this.
    10-18-2013 01:40 PM
    Oh by the way, the dude's name is putta. Your spelling has a completely different meaning where I'm from.
    montsa007 likes this.
    10-18-2013 01:42 PM
    I know, just trying to pull more likes.
    Quoting me doesn't get you likes, it gets you dislikes, but saying you are trying to pull likes entitles you for a like and thanks and also a free matchstick or a toothpick (make your choice)
    10-18-2013 01:43 PM
    deleted
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 10-18-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: quotation from classical literature unlikely to be appreciated
    10-18-2013 02:11 PM
106 1234 ...