Thought this was a good article about the 5c.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I understand that but the people I've encountered who were using an Apple Product, no matter how nice I treated them fell into the same category with time :(
Maybe because you pushed some of your anti-apple thoughts on them. Maybe throttle that back a little and just enjoy the products you own. Everyone is different, that's how the world works and you can't control it.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe because you pushed some of your anti-apple thoughts on them. Maybe throttle that back a little and just enjoy the products you own. Everyone is different, that's how the world works and you can't control it.

Lol, I never push things (At least on my boss), he comes to me asking for things at times.
Lets focus more on the thread, and view the video I posted above.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You don't understand the point.
If you slap apple logo on any commodity, it'll hold value, even fruits or a toy radio controlled car.
Do the same with a Nokia Logo and a Rolls Royce, people will think its cheap, why? because Nokia 'had' lost its market share.

If, Apple starts to make wp phones (am damn sure they won't), only Apple phones would hold value. Even Samsung which is considered amongst top guns, if you look at their resale value, its carp, the value falls with the blink of an eye specially when you launch a gazillion models in a week. The new model today is old tomorrow.

No harm intended to anyone, whenever I see anyone with an apple product, I automatically assume "The person knows nothing about tech, and imagines owning an apple product means they deserve to be respected".

The only thing good about Apple is the sound quality I can get with the same earphones I use on my Lumia (JBL J22i)

Having said that I need to take a break from this thread unless fatclue guy says something which I'd love to like :)

Just view this video, why I don't like apple is summed up in this,

iPhone 5S Official [Parody] - YouTube

OK, I'll play along. Here goes:

I know what the numbers are because I like wasting my time so you'll have to do your own research. When people talk about resale value, what number are they using? I'm assuming most people buy their phones with the carrier subsidies so let's use that as a base. If an iPhone 5 is purchased at $199 and sold 2 years later on eBay for $300-$325 (average sale price), that person made about $100 after 2 years. Same scenario with a Lumia 920 shows the Lumia owner made more than the iPhone owner. The Lumia is $99 on contract (it's actually free right now) and is selling for the same on eBay.

Let's forget about subsidies. Let's go with full retail price. iPhone 5 32 gig - $799.00, Lumia 920 32 gig - $599.00. If both devices are selling for roughly the same price, I'd say the iPhone owner overpaid by $200.00, that's cold hard fact.

So, you want to keep talking about resale value?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
OK, I'll play along. Here goes:

I know what the numbers are because I like wasting my time so you'll have to do your own research. When people talk about resale value, what number are they using? I'm assuming most people buy their phones with the carrier subsidies so let's use that as a base. If an iPhone 5 is purchased at $199 and sold 2 years later on eBay for $300-$325 (average sale price), that person made about $100 after 2 years. Same scenario with a Lumia 920 shows the Lumia owner made more than the iPhone owner. The Lumia is $99 on contract (it's actually free right now) and is selling for the same on eBay.

Let's forget about subsidies. Let's go with full retail price. iPhone 5 32 gig - $799.00, Lumia 920 32 gig - $599.00. If both devices are selling for roughly the same price, I'd say the iPhone owner overpaid by $200.00, that's cold hard fact.

So, you want to keep talking about resale value?

I think you quoted the wrong person, I was trying to explain the puta guy when he was talking about holding resale value. I am playing in the same team you are :/

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I think you quoted the wrong person, I was trying to explain the puta guy when he was talking about holding resale value. I am playing in the same team you are :/

Oh by the way, the dude's name is putta. Your spelling has a completely different meaning where I'm from.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Average price on contract when phone just released is 199. If you buy after that prices are all over the place and you don't get maximum use value due to the fact your phone is already closer to eol. Use gazelle as trade in due to that's what you get, not what are people asking. Iphone 4s 16 gb att trade in=165. galaxy s2=65. Try iphone 5=265. Galaxty s3= 165. lumia 920=115. Can you find some sucker to pay more on ebay? isuppose but iguess thats up to iyou.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Average price on contract when phone just released is 199. If you buy after that prices are all over the place and you don't get maximum use value due to the fact your phone is already closer to eol. Use gazelle as trade in due to that's what you get, not what are people asking. Iphone 4s 16 gb att trade in=165. galaxy s2=65. Try iphone 5=265. Galaxty s3= 165. lumia 920=115. Can you find some sucker to pay more on ebay? isuppose but iguess thats up to iyou.

Gazelle? I suppose you sell them your items because they have a friendly staff. I'll make it easy for you, go to eBay and type in "Lumia 920" and proceed to click on "sold listings". That's what people have ACTUALLY paid, not some bottom dollar re-seller who turns around and jacks up your phone 50%-75%. When you're done, do the same for the iPhone. There is a way to get average selling prices on particular SKUs but you may not have access to that information, I do.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't care really, but just concerned that this could reflex badly on Nokia. Remember when the 5c was first released, the "Thanks Apple, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Now what does it say that the 5c isn't selling well.?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't care really, but just concerned that this could reflex badly on Nokia. Remember when the 5c was first released, the "Thanks Apple, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Now what does it say that the 5c isn't selling well.?

Nokia could say that Apple has some tough competition - the Nokia Lumia 620.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Always imitated, never duplicated.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

5c is really last years phone in a new case. The fact that the 1020 is free on contract now bothers me. It's value is dropping like a rock. What does that do to the price of our other phones.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
5c is really last years phone in a new case. The fact that the 1020 is free on contract now bothers me. It's value is dropping like a rock. What does that do to the price of our other phones.

What if I told you that while Apple thinks that Nokia's value is dropping, people are switching to L1020 and ditching their bye-phones, just because it is available for free and not some $300 on a 2 year contract?
fatclue, does it sound legit?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
What if I told you that while Apple thinks that Nokia's value is dropping, people are switching to L1020 and ditching their bye-phones, just because it is available for free and not some $300 on a 2 year contract?
fatclue, does it sound legit?

Legit indeed. The 1020 recital commercials have been well placed during football games. Even after 2 years that Lumia should still bring at least 2 Benjamins, square deal all the way around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers