bluetooth sharing and Mac OSX - impossible?

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Before I got my Lumia 925 (which by the way, I absolutely love), I had an N9. I had no issues with my N9 other than it using a dead-end OS - which is why I upgraded. One thing that I do not like with my new phone though, is not being able to send files via bluetooth to my macbook pro (something I could do with ease on my N9). I can see my macbook pro when I attempt to send a file, and I can also see my Lumia on the mac side. When I try to send a photo or something to my mac though via bluetooth, I always get the following error message: "Can't send. The device you're trying to send to doesn't support sharing over Bluetooth." I suspect this is probably a Windows Phone OS issue, and not so much a hardware issue with my device. Is there a fix, or a work-around? Or am I just SOL??

Thanks.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth hardware version protocols as far as I know are cross platform.
BT can be very stubborn on occasion.

Will the 925 accept files from the Mac?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I know WP8 has BT sharing built into it.

All I can find is information about needing an updated "object push profile" or OBEX from the WP to MAC.
From what I read while searching it looks like the Mac isn't seeing the exchange profile from the phone.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So, nothing definite in terms of what I need to do? Thanks for trying.

Frayed knot...
I was fiddling with my BT last nite from my Surface to the 925 vice-versa.
Never noticed this prior, yet now that the black update is up I get the your device does not support sharing too.

Even tried pulling the rubberized case off my phone to see if that was doing something.

Time to dive into this one headfirst.
Maybe someone here in the forum has the fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon