Band 2 strap repair

thefamouspb

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
band-2-repair.jpg
Just repaired my Band 2 strap with this stuff: https://www.mcnett.com/gearaid/tenacious-tape#10691
See the attached image. I'm very pleased with the result and can now use my Band 2 again. The tape is transparent, very strong, waterproof and sticks to rubber. I wrapped the tape right round the strap so that it also sticks to itself on the under side. I used a hairdryer to gently warm the tape to shrink it at the corners to fit the strap perfectly. Hope this helps someone!

chchaheh

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I used this stuff. Gorilla Super Glue Gel | No-Run, Easy-to-Use Formula | Impact-Resistant Instant Glue I just dabbed some in the split with a toothpick and squeezed it together. I let it dry a few hours while having pressure on the band to keep it closed and now it's super strong and barely noticeable. I was just trying to make it functional and stop future tearing, so you can see a little seam from the glue squeeze-out but it is clear and blends in with the band. I bet if I sanded it a bit it would be almost invisible.

cheeseberg

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, just wondering how your tape repair is holding up. I'm on my third band, first two had the battery fault. This one works good but has developed a small tear and I'm not sure I want to exchange it and take a chance on getting one with the other problems. Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2