Band Update causing Bluetooth Connectivity Issues?

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the big update with the nee Keyboard and all, connection between my band and my phone have been very unreliable. This has rendered the keyboard and Cortana functions pretty much unusable.

I am on 8.1 with a Lumia 1020. I have restarted everything and re-paired everything multiple times. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Thanks!

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm gona break the "same...same here...me too..." by saying that I was hoping it was a windows 10 issue, but reverting back to WP8.1 didn't fix it, so don't waste your time trying that. I remember it doing this the day I got the band on an old OS version on my 920, but registering for DP and updating it fixed the issue. Maybe there will be an update coming soon to help with what seems to be an optimization issue that came from MSFT trying to save battery on the band by disconnecting it from the phone

Edit: Apparently, the Health app hadn't finished installing during the restore after reverting my phone back to WP8.1. Now that it is done, my band seems to be staying connected. Someone from this article about a side effect of this issue posted that updating the Health app fixed it for them. So, for me, this could have been an issue with the app or Win10. Won't know for sure until I decide to load Win10 again, but try reinstalling the Health app and see if that helps.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have the same. Fully updated app, then band, and since then I can't hold the action button and send commands to Cortana. Says Bluetooth not connected and when I try to use the keyboard to reply it just says connecting forever. 8.1DP/930. I just deleted and re-paired on the phone and we'll see where that goes.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine was working fine before the last update, but with the latest update I'm having to turn off/on BT to get it to keep connection.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I was having a really hard time keeping the Band connected after the update.

So I did a hard reset (unregistered the Band, hit the factory reset, re-paired it, etc.). Took some finagling to get it to finish the pairing process with the app. But now it's 100% rock solid and doesn't disconnect. The factory reset does not revert to the old firmware but keeps the latest firmware.

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I was having a really hard time keeping the Band connected after the update.

So I did a hard reset (unregistered the Band, hit the factory reset, re-paired it, etc.). Took some finagling to get it to finish the pairing process with the app. But now it's 100% rock solid and doesn't disconnect. The factory reset does not revert to the old firmware but keeps the latest firmware.

Thank you for the advice, it is working fine after those manips now.
Just don t forget to erase the band from the BT list too.
At first I did a hard reset of the band but kept the "old" band's name in the BT list. The "new" band would not connect to BT.

Once I deleted the old band's name and started with a fresh name (it can be the same but you need to delete the previous one first) everything was up and rolling.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar