Band steps to Fitbit possible?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Using a band but also using the built in motion data feature on my 1520 to compete with friends using the Fitbit app, however my motion data frequently stops working with no sign until I check the Fitbit app and restart the phone which means I have lost the steps taken while the feature was broken. Is there any way to get the band step count into fitbit? Thanks.

erichyde43

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I believe Fitbit would have to implement this as a connected app for MSFT band. Unless fitbit has a developer API to send data to it? I'm not sure about that, but it seems possible. If they do have an API, you could build an app that would take the steps recorded from the band and push them to the Fitbit API, which would then show them in the fitbit app. I doubt they have this functionality, since fitbit is a hardware company who wants you to use their products and the software side of it is just for user experience.

erichyde43

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Should have just done the legwork before i replied. Checked out the FitBit developer API and as i suspected, you can't send step / fitness data to their service; only body measurements and heart rate.

https://wiki.fitbit.com/display/API/Fitbit+Resource+Access+API

So I dont believe it would be possible with their current set up. Which is a shame because the social aspect of fitbit is one of my favorite things. I hope MSFT comes out with a competing service soon for band owners!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2