For Band 1 owners: Is 2 worth it?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't satisfied with the options in the Windows Central poll, so I made my own. So, based on what's been leaked - where do you stand? (Poll closes before the MS Event Oct 6).

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I think the Band was a prototype. It was Microsoft having an idea, and wanting to test the market for interest and to gather feedback. It was rough, unfinished, but at its core a great idea with a lot of features. The Band 2 is the culmination of everything Microsoft has done with the original Band, and more. It's that raw idea being polished, and I think it'll be very good.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting to see just what new features V2 has to offer before I make that decision. Just sent in my old Band the other day for replacement. It had finally succumbed to screen (all messed up) and charging (no longer holding a charge) issues. I had it since release, so it made it almost a year. If there are no compelling features in the new version, I'll probably wait until this replacement craps out before I upgrade. I'm hoping the new version has lots of good stuff though; and if so, I'll upgrade in a minute!

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I intend to preorder a Band 2 as soon as possible. I was having issues with corrosion around the charging area and sent mine in for a replacement about six weeks ago. I decided to sell it on Craigslist when I saw them discounted to $150 on Best Buy, as I figured they were clearing inventory for the next generation, and I got $140 for it. I miss it a lot, but imagine that the next generation will be a hardware improvement while the firmware and health app will continue to get better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon