Something that I noticed, today, about HR

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that the technology just isn't there to do what it is trying to do. It can pick up your heart rate here and there under the right circumstances, but I don't think it can do it on a consistent basis, especially when there's a lot of movement. From what I've read the wrist is not a good place for heart rate monitoring, so if it's important to you then the Band2 and other devices like it may not be a good choice. I do like the device overall so I will probably keep it despite its flaws.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't ask for chest strap accuracy but I've found B2 is less reliable than B1 at getting a HR fix during exercise. B2 has also introduced a glitch that sometimes causes wildly high HR readings in the first 10 minutes of an exercise. I was satisfied by the HR accuracy of the B1 but can't say the same about B2.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't ask for chest strap accuracy but I've found B2 is less reliable than B1 at getting a HR fix during exercise. B2 has also introduced a glitch that sometimes causes wildly high HR readings in the first 10 minutes of an exercise. I was satisfied by the HR accuracy of the B1 but can't say the same about B2.
Couldn't agree more. I have no confidence in the HR monitoring during exercise. I've noticed it out by more than 50bpm, consistently. I didn't have any of these problems with B1.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between chest HR and the pulse monitor on exercise bike in gym? I found my B2 is pretty much the same as the bike over the last two weeks.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Exactly. That '10 minute glitch' is driving me nuts. Happens to me almost every time on the stationary trainer (bike). Wish I could get a sense as to whether MS even knows about this particular issue!

willow007

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
My problem is that the HR sensor works fine in the beginning but going crazy after ~30 min of running. Constant tempo and a HR around 150 seems ok but then the HR starts to jump up and down between 145 and 180...as soon as I know how to post a screenshot via smartphone I will post one :-D

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
My HR sensor is definitely settling down after ~10 minutes as well. Prior to that the readings are a bit low and spike up and down vs. the machine and a Surge... After 10 minutes the band locks in and tracks a bit faster /better than the Surge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon