VO2 Max

shoepike

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I have 8 bike rides since getting my band 2 with maintaining or improving heart rate, I do get the 1 and 2 min ending HR and I still get no VO2 max calculation. I've seen some older posts about this, but it's been a while, so I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on how to get Microsoft Health to calculate a VO2 max. I saw a blog by Microsoft about this indicating that a flat route might be important in calculating it, but given it's hard to find a sustained area with no hills, it would be nice to know how long one would need to be at a relatively constant speed for it to be able to calculate VO2 max. Anyone have any luck figuring this out?

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be some question as to whether it will even work with cycling. Some MS support articles suggest it works with running or cycling, others seem to indicate it only works with running. Even if it did work, I'd be somewhat suspicious of V02 max estimate for cycling that doesn't involve use of a power meter (which is typically required for estimating cycling V02 max). But then, any V02 max calculated outside a lab setting is a pretty rough estimate anyway.

ATAcapt

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. Did over 60 rides and could not get a VO2 max then did 4 runs and it popped up. I think it just does not calculate VO2 max for rides.

shoepike

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. If they can't calculate VO2 max from rides, then they should definitely change their statement in the dashboard which clearly implies that they can. Has anyone on here gotten a VO2 max just from riding?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes