04-12-2017 01:41 PM
130 1234 ...
tools
    My local store has been great, they never use my replacement warranty on any of them, just swapped me out for a new one right out of their inventory.
    Is that not the definition of a replacement warranty? That's what my store did for me after verifying my original Amazon purchase was still covered under the 1 year warranty and that it was purchased new, not refurbished.

Last year around this time with my Band 1, my local store could only refer me to do the warranty exchange by mail even though I purchased directly from Microsoft's website. They later changed that policy and I got an in-store replacement for the peeling battery cover issue. I didn't have the Microsoft Complete extended service plan on either of my Bands.
    06-29-2016 02:12 PM
    I am about to be on my 6th unfortunately 3 breaks and 2 with the not charging issue which is occurring now unfortunately after a relatively good day of running yesterday almost 20k. I love the product but feel I can't really enjoy it from replacing it so much thank goodness for the bestbuy replacement plan. Only issue is now the local store is out of stock.
    06-30-2016 07:59 AM
    I am about to be on my 6th unfortunately 3 breaks and 2 with the not charging issue which is occurring now unfortunately after a relatively good day of running yesterday almost 20k. I love the product but feel I can't really enjoy it from replacing it so much thank goodness for the bestbuy replacement plan. Only issue is now the local store is out of stock.
    you would think that after 5 failures, you would move onto something different
    06-30-2016 08:26 AM
    Man my wife said the same thing but no other platform besides fitbit really supports Windows 10. I have had multiple fitbits I had no problem with the charge hr until the watch band that held the flap came off. I may switch back but the band gives me a lot of metrics that fitbit use to not give. Also I did a comparison and the fitbit inflated my step count by almost 1k.
    06-30-2016 02:42 PM
    Just got my second replacement today. Band started to tear. I wanted to change size but was told I was unable to when exchanging under warranty. How can I get a new size outside selling the one I just got?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-30-2016 07:06 PM
    Depending on the store, you might be able to just return it, get a refund, and then buy a new one.
    07-01-2016 04:35 AM
    Just received my 5th replacement band, on this one it seems a bit stiffer, lighter shade of black but not thicker as stated on here by people receiving replacement bands. Hope this one solves the cracking problem.
    07-01-2016 09:10 AM
    I'm on my second Band 2, I picked up the first one on release day, and it ended up with the battery charge issue. The second one is robust and sturdy, no issues at all, still in good shape. Love it, best tech purchase I've made in a while.
    07-03-2016 09:40 PM
    I'm on my 5th, this last one is about the rubber strap... Nothing to say, Microsoft customer care were always amazing, but dudes, I'm moving on, I'm done with it: all my stats messed up six times is enough :-)
    07-04-2016 03:26 AM
    I'm on my 5th, this last one is about the rubber strap... Nothing to say, Microsoft customer care were always amazing, but dudes, I'm moving on, I'm done with it: all my stats messed up six times is enough :-)
    After my 4th replacement, I took store,credit which I will use for Band 3

Band 2 was total flop.
    07-04-2016 03:38 AM
    Wow, they told me "We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such a project" :-)
    mikepalma likes this.
    07-04-2016 03:49 AM
    I just noticed my band 2 is separating.. I tried contacting Microsoft CS but they must be closed today.. it's less than a year old so I should be covered for a warranty repair/replacement, but when I went to enter my serial number and put in the info it came up that I would have to pay for a replacement.. Bought from Amazon the end of December last year, so less than 7 months old... Not very happy as I wear mine everyday and though I'm a Mac user, love the band 2 ..
    07-04-2016 01:12 PM
    Wow, they told me "We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such a project" :-)
    Interesting article: Did Microsoft just leak the Microsoft Band 3?
    07-04-2016 11:11 PM
    Interesting, very. Clearly Panay is wearing a prototype _on purpose_ and weird thing that Band hasn't any clasp, Am I wrong?
    07-05-2016 03:43 AM
    screenshot-7-.png

Looks like this. Just a different color for the band 2. I'm sure they have a lot of different prototypes out there.
    07-05-2016 08:18 AM
    I'm on my third Band 2 and the rubber strap has split again. It hasn't quit yet. I love Band 2 but I don't want to pay for another replacement. I may go for Fitbit Blaze.
    07-06-2016 11:49 AM
    I just got my fourth. I'm fairly certain it's a refurbished one, BUT it also feels like the "new" material people have been mentioning. The usual "tear" spots are rock hard, and overall the device feels far more sturdy.

Let me be clear. I don't think lot number is a good indicator at this time. YOU WILL KNOW if you have something different, as it feels like a different construction entirely. Microsoft may be experimenting to see which does better.
    07-06-2016 07:09 PM
    I got a refurbished one also but the rubber band it self feels very different I think they have changed the design and the material
    07-06-2016 07:16 PM
    I'm on my first. Honestly... my FIRST band 2.
    07-11-2016 11:59 AM
    My third one is currently on it's way back from Microsoft, and I will be selling that and moving onto something else. I really only bought it for the golf gps and figured the health aspects of it were a bonus. But after having the same issue twice after wearing each unit about 6 weeks (basically the unit only powers up when plugged in due to battery connection issue) I find it useless as I have missed most of the golf season waiting on replacement bands. I just bought a golf laser and I am not even sure Ill get another fitness band
    07-12-2016 01:49 PM
    Got it about 2 months ago. Still on my first.
    07-12-2016 08:15 PM
    Count me in the people still on their first. Bought it on day 1 and use it almost every day, including long, sweaty runs.
    Meanwhile, a friend of mine is on his fourth and he doesn't use it in any harsh conditions. Sigh. No rhyme or reason. His died from battery issues.
    07-12-2016 10:30 PM
    Just sending back my 2nd Band 2 (after having 3 Band 1s) - first one strap split, the battery is knackered on the replacement after <1month (lasts 12-14 hours with no GPS or health tracking turned on, doesn't last the night if I use sleep mode).
    07-14-2016 06:47 AM
    My second one is tearing just like the first one. As soon as I can get to the local Microsoft store I will be on my third. Each one lasted about three months before tearing/splitting. I really think it is keyboard use that did them in. As a note of interest, I was able to get a different size at my first replacement but that didn't really help. Although, I would say that the medium fit better despite the size guide telling me to wear large. Never had a battery issue (knock on simulated wood-grain veneer.)
    07-15-2016 10:45 AM
    I am on my 2nd. Just got confirmation that they were going to ship it via fedex from California. I had battery issues on mine.
    Question....is there a way that I can tell that I am getting a new unit vs a refurbished one? Anybody know?
    TIA
    07-15-2016 12:20 PM
130 1234 ...