How Many replacements are you up to? I am going on my 5th

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I now get a good 24 hours from mine and actually when I asked this I was getting less. I think with a brand new Band it takes a while for the battery to settle in.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I got a new-in-box exchange at my local store today. I think my previous warranty replacement was a poorly done refurbishing job based on the battery being completely dead when it arrived and the fact that the retail box didn't contain a charging cable.

Hopefully, the battery life on this new replacement will be closer to the original purchase, but I've been reading complaints that recent firmware updates have had a negative impact on battery life.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on my second band for about 6 months now. I haven't any bad problems, just the usual stuff like flaky heart rate monitoring and bogus stair counts. That's to be expected though.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ive replaced mine 3 times for the strap splitting. Even switched from a L to a M in order to have it on less tight and had to replace that one in less time than the 2 previous L ones

ScottyKnox

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I got the original band 2 on release day, have gone thru 3 bands, all for the split on the band. My local store has been great, they never use my replacement warranty on any of them, just swapped me out for a new one right out of their inventory. I sold my new in the box replacement on Craig's list and used the money to buy a Garmin Vivoactive HR. I miss the size and some of the features of my beloved MS Band (also had the original MS Band), but the Garmin is a suitable replacement for me (mostly a runner so GPS and HR are what I need in a device). I will look at the Band 3 when it eventually comes out, I am sure it's band will be well tested.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My local store has been great, they never use my replacement warranty on any of them, just swapped me out for a new one right out of their inventory.

Is that not the definition of a replacement warranty? That's what my store did for me after verifying my original Amazon purchase was still covered under the 1 year warranty and that it was purchased new, not refurbished.

Last year around this time with my Band 1, my local store could only refer me to do the warranty exchange by mail even though I purchased directly from Microsoft's website. They later changed that policy and I got an in-store replacement for the peeling battery cover issue. I didn't have the Microsoft Complete extended service plan on either of my Bands.

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am about to be on my 6th unfortunately 3 breaks and 2 with the not charging issue which is occurring now unfortunately after a relatively good day of running yesterday almost 20k. I love the product but feel I can't really enjoy it from replacing it so much thank goodness for the bestbuy replacement plan. Only issue is now the local store is out of stock.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am about to be on my 6th unfortunately 3 breaks and 2 with the not charging issue which is occurring now unfortunately after a relatively good day of running yesterday almost 20k. I love the product but feel I can't really enjoy it from replacing it so much thank goodness for the bestbuy replacement plan. Only issue is now the local store is out of stock.

you would think that after 5 failures, you would move onto something different :grincry:

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Man my wife said the same thing but no other platform besides fitbit really supports Windows 10. I have had multiple fitbits I had no problem with the charge hr until the watch band that held the flap came off. I may switch back but the band gives me a lot of metrics that fitbit use to not give. Also I did a comparison and the fitbit inflated my step count by almost 1k.

kr33m0

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Just got my second replacement today. Band started to tear. I wanted to change size but was told I was unable to when exchanging under warranty. How can I get a new size outside selling the one I just got?

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Just received my 5th replacement band, on this one it seems a bit stiffer, lighter shade of black but not thicker as stated on here by people receiving replacement bands. Hope this one solves the cracking problem. :smile:

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my second Band 2, I picked up the first one on release day, and it ended up with the battery charge issue. The second one is robust and sturdy, no issues at all, still in good shape. Love it, best tech purchase I've made in a while.

Link BC

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm on my 5th, this last one is about the rubber strap... Nothing to say, Microsoft customer care were always amazing, but dudes, I'm moving on, I'm done with it: all my stats messed up six times is enough :)

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my 5th, this last one is about the rubber strap... Nothing to say, Microsoft customer care were always amazing, but dudes, I'm moving on, I'm done with it: all my stats messed up six times is enough :)

After my 4th replacement, I took store,credit which I will use for Band 3

Band 2 was total flop.

Adgraphics

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed my band 2 is separating.. I tried contacting Microsoft CS but they must be closed today.. it's less than a year old so I should be covered for a warranty repair/replacement, but when I went to enter my serial number and put in the info it came up that I would have to pay for a replacement.. Bought from Amazon the end of December last year, so less than 7 months old... Not very happy as I wear mine everyday and though I'm a Mac user, love the band 2 ..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes