How Many replacements are you up to? I am going on my 5th

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd one. The first one had the battery and band splitting almost at the same time. That was at about the 4 month mark. The local store wouldn't do anything for me so I had to send it in, but MS sent me a new one. Second one lasted about another 4 months and the band split, this time the MS store just replaced it with a new one no questions asked. I really like the device a lot but it's absolutely frustrating.

I just talked to another guy who gave up after his 4th one and finally just got a refund from Amazon for it.

emark858

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I am on number 5. All of the others would show not charged even if it showed 100% while plugged in. I just keep getting it replaced.

Husky44

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm "on" number 4. I say "on", because it's technically still the one I have, but it's in my "old electronics" cabinet, since I don't wear it anymore. First one GPS quit working when we got a firmware update. Second one, can't remember the fault. Third one, strap split. #4 was not very old at all when it fell off my bathroom vanity, and the glass shattered. Not something that warranty would cover, and I didn't buy the extended warranty, because, well, I expected this glass to be safe. Waiting to see what the Band 3 looks like. Loved the features, but the hardware was not delivering.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd B2. First the battery problem and recently a tear in the strap. No hassles getting replacements. Luckily live within range of a Microsoft Store so a new band is in my hands in about 5 or 10 minutes. Hopefully the B3 will get things more right than its predecessors.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Third, if you count the Band 1. That one died within the first month because of sweat getting into the electronics. And that was just from taking the thing for walks. I decided to return it instead of replacing it and then dealing with ongoing issues.

I then took a risk on the Band 2. Other than functionality issues with my Lumia 950 it seemed to work well. Right up to the point, about 7 months in, that the thing wouldn't hold a charge. It's the same problem everyone here is describing.

So I'm on my second. I haven't seen any signs of the strap beginning to tear on either of the Bands and hopefully it stays that way. For the new one I decided to get the extended warranty, figuring that something will fail again. Although, if that does happen my plan is to take the new one and sell it on Ebay. At this point I might not get much for it, but it's better than nothing.

Coxy100

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
This is my second one. The first one had a screen tear (think water got in it) but this one has been fine since I got it in January. A couple of months back it suddenly died on me even though it had full power (it was just after an update was released to the app....) but that's the only hiccup in 8 months of use. I've stopped wearing it to bed though - I was too paranoid this would kill the strap following so many pictures on here.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Number two just died last night. I'll go to the Microsoft to exchange it for number three today.

I got my first Band 2 just before Jan 1. It died on March 1. I couldn't get a replacement until April 10, and it has lasted to August 26. So at least it lasted longer than the first!

Despite the challenges, I really love my Band. I use it every day to track runs and bike rides and I find the data to be really accurate, useful, and motivating,

I am hoping that they will eventually replace my Band 2 with a Band 3, but I would also be happy with a Band 2 that worked for at least a year.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just had another watchband break. The good news is this one lasted two months instead of one. XD

For what it's worth, I suggested to Microsoft they take note of whatever the pebble classic watchband is made of. That thing lasts freakin' forever. I really feel like it's an issue with the material more than anything else.

NSA

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm on #3.. first two had the No Charge battery issue suddenly pop up out of no where.

The 2nd time, my screen had a small chip in it so MSFT wouldn't replace it under warranty.

I finally broke down and bought a used one off eBay to (hopefully) last me until Band 3.

Not comforting though.

tmark86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Going to get my 4th one this week. All of the first 3 suffered from the no charge/battery issue. I had the original band before and didn't have a single problem with it but I keep going through these Band 2s. Not sure what the problem is but it seems like a large majority of them suffer from the same issue.

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
1. I think it just died or battery issue, don't remember exactly
2. Strap tear
3. Heart rate monitor stopped working

On my 4th, this one is doing well so far....

Last edited:

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
So I still keeping thinking there is some usage trait is cause for some people like me to get 4x replacements while others are fine. Maybe we just are un-lucky. I do change typically daily, because I use gps for bike commute, also subjects it to more vibration that typical, at least when mountain biking. Another possible trait I thought is that I wear the band with the screen out. That leaves the clasp hitting against surfaces a lot as I work. Wondering if others in the group are screen in or screen out people?

koolnaija

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well after my 4th replacement, I am done with the Microsoft Band. I know Microsoft has the capabilities to make excellent hardware and hopefully that is something that can be put towards a future band if they decide to continue.

sdrexler11791

May 10, 2013
Visit site
After 4 bands I finally returned mine for a full refund. There is clearly some engineering issue with charging. They all pretty much stopped charging after a few months. I tried to reset the last one and it never booted back up.

Link BC

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
**quickly update about my previous post: this one would have been the 7th replacement, so eventually I moved on: I'd like to say one more time, amazing Microsoft customer care but dudes, 10 months of screwed stats it's enough. Mention for Amazon . co . uk , they totally refund me after 10 months - after the brexit - and I'm not even UK citizen :)!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon