How Many replacements are you up to? I am going on my 5th

christianmonk3y

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed my 3rd one has a tear in the strap, this was supposedly one of the thicker batches made. SO that didnt make any difference, need a new material i think for the next band.

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Did u need the receipt? Not sure if I can find mine...

Just got my 4th replacement from the MS Store and have another one being sent in for warranty as well. No receipt needed, I actually bought my from BestBuy originally. They use the serial to verify warranty info.

Think I'm going to sell these and move on to a smartwatch device.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Did u need the receipt? Not sure if I can find mine...

No, they didn't ask for anything at all. I just gave them the band itself, I didn't bother with the box and all the other stuff. They did the same although they were nice enough to give me the cable too. Can't have too many USB-Cs at this point.

WharncliffeOwl

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
My wife and myself each had a Band 1 both of which had to replaced because the straps split. then when they came out, we each bought a Band 2 and again within a short time both straps had split. Today my current Band 2 (the replacement for my original Band 2) has also just split. That is five bands in total this has happened to. On each purchase we ensured the bands were the correct size and we do not mistreat them. We do wear them all the time apart from when showering. We are both in our 50's and only use them to track our daily steps (we walk to keep fit) and to monitor our sleep patterns - no weight training etc. We also use them as smart watches to check emails text messages etc. but on average each band is only lasting us three months. We live in the UK and each band has to be shipped to Microsoft in Germany and the process takes around ten days to receive a replacement. I have always been a big Microsoft supporter but enough...I shall not be in a rush to purchase any new items.

Last edited:

Rgodel

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
On to number 6.
Suffered from the well-documented "Cracked Strap" problem.
Informed by replacement centre that they are low on replacements....if they run out before fulfilling my request then they will give me back my money based on the last MRP in my market (Canada).

Rgodel

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
On to number 7.
Suffered from the well-documented "Battery Dead when fully charged" problem.
Microsoft Complete Extended Service Plan Extended AGAIN until 5/5/2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes