Lumia 640 XL Bugs + Defects

Big Tali

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 640 XL LTE a couple of weeks ago. It randomly reboots every now and then, while I'm not actually using it. I leave it on the desk while I work with my notebook and I see the Microsoft logo pop up. I took my microSD out and I'm using my phone without it but it didn't solve the problem. I read it's a common problem with the Lumia 830 as well. Any news about it?

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 640 XL LTE a couple of weeks ago. It randomly reboots every now and then, while I'm not actually using it. I leave it on the desk while I work with my notebook and I see the Microsoft logo pop up. I took my microSD out and I'm using my phone without it but it didn't solve the problem. I read it's a common problem with the Lumia 830 as well. Any news about it?

When it reboot was the phone hot ?
Try soft reset ... If that remains try hard reset and fresh firmware using Microsoft tool

I've that phone but it works fine without any single random reboot

Big Tali

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
When it reboot was the phone hot ?
Try soft reset ... If that remains try hard reset and fresh firmware using Microsoft tool

I've that phone but it works fine without any single random reboot

No, never had heating problems. I tried a soft reset but it didn't help. I'm trying to mess around with settings, app permissions, etc. before I think about a hard reset. Thanks though!

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
No, never had heating problems. I tried a soft reset but it didn't help. I'm trying to mess around with settings, app permissions, etc. before I think about a hard reset. Thanks though!

Your are welcome .. Maybe its hardware problem
If you are going with Hard reset.. Use Microsoft tool via PC its better to use fresh firmware

arkd83

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Got the Lumia 640 XL last week and its driving me crazy... Phone restarts automatically. Sometimes while in use or even when kept idle. Happens 3-4 times in an hour. Its so so irritating.
Did full reset multiple times, scanned mem card, formatted mem card, updated to microsim hoping that the "cut" sim cards was the problem ... nothing seems to be working. Have removed the SD card and still facing the same issue. So sim or SD card are not at fault. Either a software issue or faulty piece.... regretting my decision to move to windows from android... android lags but atleast works...
Checked for software upgrade.. already fully upgraded.
If anyone has any idea how to rectify, please feel free to suggest....

arkd83

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi... i am facing the same problem... i will try the hard reset... dont want to take it to service center... never had a good experience with Nokia service in Bangalore, India

Marcelo Siqueira

May 18, 2015
Visit site
The software WAZE, after of click the confirmation greater 13 age and I want updates by emails, not is presentation a button for confirmation for accept the terms.

And stopped, because there is no way to continue.

Apparently the buttons are on the screen to continue without the range of vision.

The People need the Waze.

Thank you.

wp_ss_20150518_0001[1].png

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
640 XL LTE Dual Sim - lots of issues

I got my 640 XL LTE Dual sim about 3 days ago. So far, I'm less than impressed. Here's my major issues:

1. Battery life is deplorable, not even half what my 520 used to get
2. Wi-Fi seems to drop all the time when I'm on an open (aka public) network. (No problems on a secure network.)
3. It drops carrier connection about every 30 seconds.

I can cope with 1 & 2. I'm hoping 1 is caused by 3.

But number 3: I use T-Mobile and basically I get all bars and I watch it go from full bars to zero in about 20 seconds, then it reconnects again at full bars a second later, repeats. It randomly switches between "H" "H+" "4G" and "3G" within about a 2 minute period as well. T-Mobile is sending me a new sim, as they believe that is the cause, but I'm wondering otherwise. I'm going to try an AT&T sim later, but I never had issues like this (same sim) with my 520. It's also never once shown '4G LTE', even though I live in an urban area with 'great' coverage.

Anyone else experienced these three issues?

Talha Ishtiaq Khan

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I bought my Lumia 640 XL from dubai and it was working great there. I travelled back to Pakistan and it was working great here too. Untill i connected my device to my home Wifi and the lumia asked me to update few of the apps including the camera apps. No both my cameras are dead and and i have tried everything but my cameras dont work any more. when ever i try to turn on the lumia camera the screen turns black and i am kicked back to main start screen. i have reset the phone 5 times, took out the battery many times but to no use. i cannot go and return the phone and nor i can do anything about it. kindly help me and tell me what to do that will fix my camera and wont encounter any more problems.

allysisa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: 640 XL LTE Dual Sim - lots of issues

My phone doesn't say 4g LTE on network just L so I assume it's LTE so maybe you have some issues x

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: 640 XL LTE Dual Sim - lots of issues

My phone doesn't say 4g LTE on network just L so I assume it's LTE so maybe you have some issues x

Well, my APN settings were wrong, so it was constantly searching for a network. I blame my carrier for that and got the settings right (trial and error, no help from my carrier). It still only shows 4G, but when I run a speed test I get around 20 Mpbs, so I'm sure it's LTE. The battery life is still an issue (as others mentioned) and once I enabled "Automically connect to wifi hotspots" it stopped dropping my connection at work. So other than a mediocre battery, I've got no complaints. I disabled as many background apps as humanly possible and still retain functionality.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Another note: I got a second sim for another carrier and I have a LOT of trouble switching between the two (for data only.) I basically have to disable the alternate sim in order to get the other one to work, then reboot. Not a huge deal as I rarely ever use data through a carrier, but wondering if someone else has experienced this as well and what their solution has been.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Another note: I got a second sim for another carrier and I have a LOT of trouble switching between the two (for data only.) I basically have to disable the alternate sim in order to get the other one to work, then reboot. Not a huge deal as I rarely ever use data through a carrier, but wondering if someone else has experienced this as well and what their solution has been.

I posted this link for someone else a few days ago. Please note you can only get data on one SIM. Qualcomm has not figured out how you can get data on both SIMs simultaneously. Good luck.
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/lte-multi-sim

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I bought my Lumia 640 XL from dubai and it was working great there. I travelled back to Pakistan and it was working great here too. Untill i connected my device to my home Wifi and the lumia asked me to update few of the apps including the camera apps. No both my cameras are dead and and i have tried everything but my cameras dont work any more. when ever i try to turn on the lumia camera the screen turns black and i am kicked back to main start screen. i have reset the phone 5 times, took out the battery many times but to no use. i cannot go and return the phone and nor i can do anything about it. kindly help me and tell me what to do that will fix my camera and wont encounter any more problems.

I'm sorry to hear that 😞
Look what kind of reset you made there ? Soft/Hard
If you did hard .. It's recommended when you hard reset to use Lumia recovery tool to get a fresh copy of your firmware

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My father wants a budget phablet with Miracast support. I've had him on a 1320, so I recommended he swap it out with a 640 XL. But battery life is also very important to him, so reading through this thread is a bit worrisome. Wonder why people are having battery drain issues.

Arman Dones

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I was trying to create bohe using Lumia camera. However, I noticed that my adjustments in focus mode do not reflect. So I need to take a shot and see the actual difference to compare. Is this a bug?

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My father wants a budget phablet with Miracast support. I've had him on a 1320, so I recommended he swap it out with a 640 XL. But battery life is also very important to him, so reading through this thread is a bit worrisome. Wonder why people are having battery drain issues.

Lumia 1320 is the best I had
But Lumia 640 Xl is much more efficient
I have the lte and the 3g version both working just fine battery lasts long enough playing games ,music , movie addict 🎬
With normal usage to 3 days .. Heavy about day and 17 hours
It's very great phone
This is under heavy usage
GI87L8R.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2